You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemonW0lf

How often do you see a co-op battle end in a draw?

10 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
185 posts

This is the first time ive seen this happen. At the end it was our cv bot vs their cv bot and no one capped anything lol

Untitled.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,607 battles

Yeah, thats very unusual, even in the days that draws were "common" I'd never seen it.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,001 battles

Draws in co-op are not uncommon.  They typically happen when all of the human players get eliminated and head back to port.  Rather than have the bots engage until one side or the other is eliminated, the game ends in a draw when there are no human players in the game (this includes dead spectators.)

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
11 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Draws in co-op are not uncommon.  They typically happen when all of the human players get eliminated and head back to port.  Rather than have the bots engage until one side or the other is eliminated, the game ends in a draw when there are no human players in the game (this includes dead spectators.)

"Sure, there were eight living enemy bots to our bot CV at the end, BUT IT WAS NOT TECHNICALLY A LOSS!" :Smile_teethhappy:

[RST]
[RST]
Members
171 posts
14,918 battles

This is a first. That takes some skill. I have to try it myself. thanks for sharing.   :fish_nerv:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
42 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

This ^^^

Still counts as a loss

Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
2 hours ago, DemonW0lf said:

This is the first time ive seen this happen. At the end it was our cv bot vs their cv bot and no one capped anything lol

Untitled.jpg

I think that's generally when it happens in co-op battles...all humans can die out, but if one or more remains spectating, the battle will play out.

I had my first ever draw happen this way just this week - I was the only human player, but I didn't notice it until a couple of minutes in. At some point, all of the greens died except a bot CV, then all of the Reds except the CV died.

I sat there watching it for a while, then I figured I had better things to do with my time and left the battle thinking I'll get the results "later". Well, "later" was right upon exiting.