You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Seagrizzly

Something is ODD With Campaign on 7.5

17 comments in this topic

[SC]
Alpha Tester
128 posts
5,483 battles

Ok so I understand that we are supposed to play thought the campaign but on the 3 set of missions the final task is earn 30K xp which for normal "not Test" seems right but for some reason that one is the only one that is 30k, the others are 1500, 2000, 4000 and so on I am wondering if somebody added an extra zero by mistake?

[RNF]
Beta Testers
411 posts
5,711 battles

Noticed this as well, must be an extra zero.

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,909 battles

Nope, it's actually 30k. I'm guessing they're thinking that everyone will stop at stage 3 after they get Halsey. You'll notice that you can get him for the final task for both stage 3 and 5. 

• Cool 1

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
13,262 battles
21 hours ago, h9k_a said:

Nope, it's actually 30k. I'm guessing they're thinking that everyone will stop at stage 3 after they get Halsey. You'll notice that you can get him for the final task for both stage 3 and 5. 

is this right, or is it a bug? Should there be something lesser for stage 3?  many other bugs in the campaign task evaluations. Need top3, top 4th worked. Needed 1200 damage of fire, flooding worked, etc

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,909 battles
1 hour ago, Jenska said:

is this right, or is it a bug? Should there be something lesser for stage 3?  many other bugs in the campaign task evaluations. Need top3, top 4th worked. Needed 1200 damage of fire, flooding worked, etc

It's what's on the PTS. I'm sure the totals and what you earn at each stage are going to be adjusted for the live server. But if you want to finish the campaign on the PTS you're going to have to do 30k damage to get past it. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles

I also thought the 30K requirement was odd for an abbreviated campaign that they wanted people to test. I could not finish it on this half of the PTS cycle; I'd already spent all day grinding to the Pensacola, and I wasn't ready for another hard slog after that. Hopefully after the PTS split, it will be a different matter.

[CO_OP]
Members
31 posts
9,555 battles
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, h9k_a said:

Yeah I have Halsey showing up twice in my captain reserve lol. Seems a bit weird but whatever

[JFSOC]
Members
429 posts
7,318 battles
On 5/19/2018 at 7:21 PM, h9k_a said:

Yes, I have 2 Halsey's. It is weird, but I put them into different ships. :-)

I'm just hoping we'll get at least a fraction of the containers obtained through the campaign when it hits the live server! I opened over 50 containers yesterday and had over 150 sitting when I stopped for the night.

[SC]
Alpha Tester
128 posts
5,483 battles

Seems silly to make us grind to test, just thought it was odd was all not grinding out 30k xp to get a captain in a test server sorry.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles

I hope they use the ships obtained and outfitted in Part 1 as the basis for the split in Part 2.  I got Balto up and ready so the PT split will model what will happen on my live split...

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
41 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I figure this is to push completion into the next round.

Check the numbers again in Round 2.

That is quite probable. After all, they're going to want to see how their new Tier 8 light cruiser performs. If the numbers change, I will quite happily grind the rest out; if not, there may not be enough time.

1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

I hope they use the ships obtained and outfitted in Part 1 as the basis for the split in Part 2.  I got Balto up and ready so the PT split will model what will happen on my live split...

This is exactly what they are doing. I unlocked and bought all the US cruisers from T6 up in the first round, and I'm pretty sure I left some of them without captains, some of the captains without skills, and some of the ships without perma-camo, so it will be interesting to see how things fall out.

If it runs well on the PTS, they know they can deploy the same algorithm on the live server without hassles.

[-AVA-]
Members
140 posts
7,499 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I got the whole line from the Cleveland up in port with no captains in either the Pensacola or New Orleans just to see what happens when Part 2 hits. Completed the collection and campaign in this round so figure not going to get all the rewards again anyway so just waiting to see what the end result is going to look like. . .

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is exactly what they are doing.

I wish I'd been aware of that at the time.  I did keep a 15-pt CL-spec Captain on Cleveland but P and NO are empty.

One thing that will be interesting -- this coming weekend should be the busiest the PTS has ever been.  I saw 1200+ early Sunday, which is about the most I've seen on it.  (Probably the tail end of the EU/RU crowd.)

Edited by iDuckman

[SOFOP]
Members
237 posts
3,555 battles

With the free flags, I got 30k Xp in like 4 battles.  Yes, its test and it should be easy, but come on now...lets not make 30k sound hard.  :)

That said, has anyone got a ship from the containers on test?  I must have opened 200, and nada.  I believe they make it easier to get them on test and if so, goooood luck on live.

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

I don’t think they want any premiums in PTS unless they are being tested so, I don’t really expect to get ships out of PTS containers.

[SC]
Alpha Tester
128 posts
5,483 battles
8 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

With the free flags, I got 30k Xp in like 4 battles.  Yes, its test and it should be easy, but come on now...lets not make 30k sound hard.  :)

That said, has anyone got a ship from the containers on test?  I must have opened 200, and nada.  I believe they make it easier to get them on test and if so, goooood luck on live.

Well that really isn't the point, when the ones before we collect 1000, 1500, and the ones after are 2500 and 3000 why make the one in the middle a grind?  Yea if you have your flags and have the time to play the 10 or so battles before to get to that part of test and then have to grind out ships that you don't have doubles in any more from doing part one and 2 where I highly doubt you averaged 7.25k xp per match win or lose over 4 matches (without your doubles).  Just was odd to me but if that's they way they want it then hey go for it but I don't like grinding all of that plus more for free flags, just not worth my time but I also make enough money that I can just buy flags if I want them and it would cost me less then playing the test for them, but like I said to each their own and I am sure people without prem and money would love these flags and will be happy to do the grind.