You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

Doubloon rebate = 10% reduction on Perm Camo

13 comments in this topic

[NOOOB]
Members
1,457 posts
12,292 battles

May have to think about perm camo on a couple of my tier 10s or getting the special Camo for my Roma due to the Doubloon boost weekend.  

Edited by Panzer1113

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

Okay

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,090 posts
12,645 battles

Just keep in mind, it's only 10% if you can make the amount land exactly on a multiple of 1000. If you buy say 1500 doubloons worth of stuff, you get 100 back for the first 1000, but there's no second thousand -- you're 500 doubloons toward it, but "incomplete thousands" are not rebated.

Still, not bad to have some opportunity to use the doubloons at a bonus every now and then.

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,003 battles

Wish I knew this was going to happen last week when I bought those camos for my ships with the camo that I had won because I didn't like to look at those camos.

Members
9,956 posts

Steam bundles == 50% off doubloons, if you really wanted tier 10 perm camo, that would have been the way to do it.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,202 battles

I wonder if I get to "double dip" if I buy a perm camo for the US Cruiser Baltimore with this rebate, and when the new tier 9 gets introduced, will it get a perm camo too?  That would be a very nice double win if it does.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles

If you have N.O. perm camo, then no, Balto will get it when it moves down anyway.  You *will* (or should) get 1.5M(?) Cr back for a duplicate camo, though, so yes, there is some benefit, but not the 3000(?) Db that you'd expect.

I put a Perm camo on N.O. with none on Pensie so I will get a free Tier 7 camo.  Wish I'd waited until the sale, though.  This means that I've missed two sales for the $%^*! 3000 Db camo.

Edited by iDuckman

Members
23 posts
5,967 battles

Question:  Do the doubloon refunds apply if you purchase premium ships in the technology tree?  I tried to purchase a Dunkerque, but the purchase screen did not show any discount.

[POP]
Members
854 posts
9,715 battles
10 hours ago, awiggin said:

Steam bundles == 50% off doubloons, if you really wanted tier 10 perm camo, that would have been the way to do it.

This.  I did this.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles
16 minutes ago, RenamedUser_1018007003 said:

Question:  Do the doubloon refunds apply if you purchase premium ships in the technology tree?  I tried to purchase a Dunkerque, but the purchase screen did not show any discount.

In the $$ Blowout a couple weekends ago, the Shop didn't show any discount.  The $$ total was kept offline and the Db awarded without notice.  (They just showed up in your game total.)

I would expect the same to happen this weekend, but keep screen shots just in case.

Members
23 posts
5,967 battles
26 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

In the $$ Blowout a couple weekends ago, the Shop didn't show any discount.  The $$ total was kept offline and the Db awarded without notice.  (They just showed up in your game total.)

I would expect the same to happen this weekend, but keep screen shots just in case.

What I meant is, I tried to purchase the ship with doubloons while in the game, using the tech tree.  Not on the online shop.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles
23 minutes ago, RenamedUser_1018007003 said:

What I meant is, I tried to purchase the ship with doubloons while in the game, using the tech tree.  Not on the online shop.

Yeah, so what kind of answer do you expect?  Are we supposed to know what WG has coded?  All I said was that at the last blowout it was not shown as a discount.  Take from that what you will.

Members
23 posts
5,967 battles

All I was asking if there was somebody out there who had purchased a ship in the in-game tech tree with doubloons, and had received the advertised discount.  That would be the best way to find out, by (hopefully) getting the advice of someone who had actually done that.

That's all.