Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Over the last couple of years of playing WoWs I've learned this.

7 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

So over the years now of playing WoWs.  I've been a Battleship guy no not because of the safety net that people think they have but because they are fun, and I play destroyers.  How ever when I first started playing destroyers I played like a stupid moron yes I'll say it I played like a stupid moron with them.  I was always rushing into the caps.  Getting myself into trouble.  As well as getting deleted from the game in the first minute or so in the match.  Live and learn right.  So it's taken me a long time to get the point of it all.  But I've finally gotten it.  The point of the fact that you have to play a destroyer a certain way if you want to stay alive.  I think I just discovered this yesterday.

In the end I quit playing IJN destroyers because I well simply just could not get how to play them what so ever.  Now I love them.  It took me time in my Ugh Uh Mo to even figure this out and how to properly play the IJN destroyers.  Skirting just outside my detectable range and lobbing torpedoes in at the red team.  Sometimes I get lucky and get a few hits with them.  Sometimes I even get lucky and get a kill.  But since I've realized this I've actually been scoring more of a higher damage count more torpedo hits and more kills.  If I have to sit in smoke for a few seconds and lob gun fire at other boats I do that as well.   I don't get why it took me this long to learn how to correctly play this dag gum things? Anyone else know?

Edited by SuperSpud1
  • Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

I've learned to resist my post match urges to throw my computer out the window.  It's all about anger management.   Breathe In.....Breathe Out.....Breathe In....Breathe Out.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,414 posts
9,604 battles

Learn something new every day.  Tricks abound.  Some you tell others, some you keep to yourself.

Last night, I found out I could nearly wipe out a Gneisenau with a single AP bomb drop from the Lexington.  These are more devastating that a well placed manual torp drop.

Can't seem to replicate that on the Enterprise due to the weaker bombers.

[H_]
Members
801 posts

I'm new and I'm an IJN fan.....  (stupid me...)   I rush in and then immediately run away......  rarely, do i get caught at a cap...  And yes, all ships have to be  somewhere on a map and if your torps travel 2K beyond where they "will be", well.........and have unlimited ammo, well, have at it !   On this note, I'm still a potato.....and, that's OK for me....  It's fun trying and I hate the "grind" most of all....

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

But isn't it crazy frustrating when you launch those torps at minimum detection range and the slightest turn or speed adjustment by your target causes a miss over and over again. Particularly in higher tier matches most players know to shuck and jive a bit in their BBs. IJN DD burry burry frustarating, hai.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I switched from smoke to TBR Yuigmo, I wouldn't ever go back, it's like anything, once you get used to to you do well in it, you take more notice of where people are on the map, your team and theirs, even ship types.  You start to do more damage, and become a bigger influence in the game.

You see it all the time, people push when they have a DD in front of them, the DD makes a mistake and dies, and the support following turns and runs.

Anyone tho can make a mistake in a DD, and it's costly, and by not having smoke,  you get used to not relying on it, by making mistakes.

Members
73 posts
7,628 battles

It does take time to learn what to  do even as a casual players, NOT like you're not suppose to have fun..But it does help to want to win and eventually develop some type of strategy to do it without  relying on gimmicks ,exploits, glitches and whatnot. But, its the internet - meaning you get a wide variety of attitudes, Selfishness, Potato's and Arm chair Admirals , Etc.   But I'm at that mindset of thinking  that, the concept of TEAM has an "I" in it somewhere .... and is based on how to play as an "Individual" then as a team.   When you watch  Videos by WG and WOWS youtubers;   You laugh as to how they think people are going to play a newly introduce ship based on it design.  You get some good examples of what the ships was designed to do "In a Fleet deployment", where it should be position, how far from any given support should it venture out.. etc.,  "Almost real world stuff".  But, lets not forget this is a game, not a simulation of naval ships....  And sometimes I wish youtubers would focus on how said ship is going to help the team win the game vs the individual stuff ...   

I was watching  videos about the new light cruisers for the US, NOT many of them talk about how its going to help a team win, but how it will perform individually;  There are some good comments that mention its performance when in a support role, but that's only on its ROF or Detection range to get in close  but once you're spotted you're dead.. NOT like, well you're detection is fine as long as you are surrounded by ships that are taking up damage for you to move in close, to do exactly what?  USE radar/hydro? so they can use radar/hydro on you .... instant deletion,  its not like you have 6/8/10 km torps to do anything about it.  if you're in that close to use your radar (without an island),  there's alot of Radar/hydro DD's and CA's doing the same thing you.re doing.  

So, I've learned... Keep Learning..:) and hope the people in your match have learned too....We all have those Potato days, some more then others....

Mopic

Sign in to follow this