Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Kaga

Z-39 must be the most unheralded high tier premium since the game's release

16 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,987 battles

I just bought it (haven't played it yet - I'm not a super-awesome destroyer captain, so it will likely be pretty dicey), but I was a little astonished at the lack of packages or an ultra-premium loadout replete with a custom flag. Just "here boat, you buy, no buy, Wargaming no care - no pizza, only Khlav Kalash!" 

• Funny 1

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,987 battles
Just now, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Were you logged in? I see Ultimate packages with flags , etc 

Oh, that must be it. Pity. 

[BUOY]
Members
189 posts
7,871 battles
8 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

I just bought it (haven't played it yet - I'm not a super-awesome destroyer captain, so it will likely be pretty dicey), but I was a little astonished at the lack of packages or an ultra-premium loadout replete with a custom flag. Just "here boat, you buy, no buy, Wargaming no care - no T-61, only Z-39!" 

FTFY :Smile_teethhappy:

also 'No 128mm, 150mm, 150mm!'

Edited by lloyd1701

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,578 battles

I see all of the bundles on my WG account, but they are not available through my Steam account, just the basic ship option (and yes, I was logged in).  The special captains were not available through Steam, either.  

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,814 battles

Boosted flag package - Boosted Modded package. Then bare bones package. :cap_yes:

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

I'm on the fence about this one.  I may get a couple beers in me over the weekend and buy it on a whim and than regret it and mothball it. 

It would be nice to get more feedback from players that have bought the thing on how it plays in randoms.  

Little White Mouse Review:

Notser Review:

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Yeah, I got the Ultimate modded since it ended up costing the same as the base ship with the 4k doubloons ... with some credits and some mods added in.

Best of all, I got a 10 point captain named Hans Zimmer. Had me cracking up for a bit. Too bad I already have 17/19/19 point german captains and have no need for Zimmer to bring an orchestra to play on deck ;)

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
1 minute ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Yeah, I got the Ultimate modded since it ended up costing the same as the base ship with the 4k doubloons ... with some credits and some mods added in.

Best of all, I got a 10 point captain named Hans Zimmer. Had me cracking up for a bit. Too bad I already have 17/19/19 point german captains and have no need for Zimmer to bring an orchestra to play on deck ;)

have you had a chance to play it in randoms yet?  Impressions?

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,987 battles

The flag wasn't that pretty, so I don't feel particularly left out. So far I am 2-0 in the thing in randoms, both games uptiered. It's a ship that is absolutely DESPERATE for CE. The guns are anemic, but her spongy HP pool makes up for a lot of shortcomings. 

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts
10 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

have you had a chance to play it in randoms yet?  Impressions?

The impression I had was that I did this straight out of bed and without any coffee. Ask me later ;)

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,987 battles

Oh and her torpedoes are flaccid - like completely without punch. I dunno. I like it - I like it better than Blys, I think. But Blys definitely rewards more when shooting than this thing does. It's a platform that is in such incredibly dire need of IFHE and demo expert, neither of which I have yet, so it's difficult to properly judge it until I have ground it out for a few hours and get a 16ish point captain.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Her torps are the exact same as every other German DD. Only difference between them is that they go a few knots faster and have longer range at high tiers. They are better than Blys' fish due to being faster and having more of them. Blys is definitely the better gunboat, though.

DO NOT get IFHE on this ship. I know Mouse endorsed that idea, but no. Just no. It's a waste of points since you don't have at all the DPM and persistent usage to make it worth it. Instead, grab Radio Location. Z-39 has amazing concealment for tier 7. It's even somewhat competitive at tier 8 as there are other DDs at tier 8 with around that concealment range. Z-39 is a good ship for stalking. And while her gun DPM is garbage, she can still hold her own in a DD gunfight as her health is through the roof. Versus cruisers and battleships that show broadside, the 150mm AP is actually quite savage.

My recommended build for this ship is exactly the same as my recommended build for a hunter killer Z-52. And this allows you to share that captain instead of having to have another one just for this ship:

- PT
- AR, LS
- SE, SI (although a case could be made for TAE instead of SI)
- CE, RL

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this