You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

...and the Commander Mission Unlocks

16 comments in this topic

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
615 posts

Question:  I have most of the brother COs already (John Doe, Victor Z, Jean Jacques and Jack Dunkirk).  What happens to the brother CO mission if I buy lets say George Doe?  

I know I won't get a third CO from the missions.  Is it worth purchasing any CO if I already have their brother? 

Am I missing something addressing this?

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
44 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Question:  I have most of the brother COs already (John Doe, Victor Z, Jean Jacques and Jack Dunkirk).  What happens to the brother CO mission if I buy lets say George Doe?  

I know I won't get a third CO from the missions.  Is it worth purchasing any CO if I already have their brother? 

Am I missing something addressing this?

The only reason I see purchasing one worth it is if you want 2 or you want to take advantage of the double XP. I there are the earnable captains and these are the same but just for purchase instead. For the people who had money but not time.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
3 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

The only reason I see purchasing one worth it is if you want 2 or you want to take advantage of the double XP. I there are the earnable captains and these are the same but just for purchase instead. For the people who had money but not time.

So the captains in the shop are both earnable in game or will only 1 of each twin be available in game?

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So the captains in the shop are both earnable in game or will only 1 of each twin be available in game?

The captains in the premium shop have “brothers” that have been avliable in game at some point. John Doe the old Steven Seagal is one example. I think the French collection a few months ago gave the French captain. Those 2 are no longer available in gamebut plenty of people wanted them and didn’t get them. I assume they did this to help out those that want them.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
15 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Ahhh ok.  That's awesome!  I was sad I was only getting the one German captain.   I'll definitely pick him up.   I'll probably get the one for the U.S. too and use him as a dedicated Massachusetts captain.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles

Considering how much the Collaboration captains cost, it'd be nice if they too got a minor bonus; even if it's just generic boosted EM. I don't expect it will happen with this Collab, but now that WG has no qualms about selling unique captains, it should carry over to future Collabs like the Azur Lane captains, even if it's just a generic bonus only to EM and nothing else.

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,663 battles

Was there a time limit on them? Because I can't see them in the link.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,426 posts
3,370 battles

Hmm... I do have the Honore and the Russian captain from the earnable missions... so would it be worth it to buy their "brothers"? I really don't know if it's actually worth having two of them when I'm not really using many ships from their nations.

I wasn't playing this game back when Steven Segal John Doe and Jack Dunkirk were available to earn, hence I missed them, so it seems like a no brainer to buy their "purchasable" brothers. That much is certain.

As for the Herr Jutland brothers, I am going to not only earn the first brother, but I'll also buy the second brother. I like German ships, and I plan to keep a lot of them too, so it sounds like a no brainer to get as many as I can.

I think I'll call the earn-able brothers as the older brothers, and the purchasable brothers as the younger brothers. I think that would make it easier to distinguish, lol. xD

[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,421 battles
32 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Hmm... I do have the Honore and the Russian captain from the earnable missions... so would it be worth it to buy their "brothers"? I really don't know if it's actually worth having two of them when I'm not really using many ships from their nations.

I wasn't playing this game back when Steven Segal John Doe and Jack Dunkirk were available to earn, hence I missed them, so it seems like a no brainer to buy their "purchasable" brothers. That much is certain.

As for the Herr Jutland brothers, I am going to not only earn the first brother, but I'll also buy the second brother. I like German ships, and I plan to keep a lot of them too, so it sounds like a no brainer to get as many as I can.

I think I'll call the earn-able brothers as the older brothers, and the purchasable brothers as the younger brothers. I think that would make it easier to distinguish, lol. xD

Are they worth it?  The answer to that should be pretty varied.  I have the last 2 gathering dust, the 10 point German from the Ops, and don’t see any need for them.  I value them at $4-$5.

[PVE]
Members
5,601 posts
18,201 battles
17 hours ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

This is probably the correct answer. If you lack the time to grind out the mission to get the free version of the captain, then spending money is the workaround. I honestly think the packages are overpriced, but that is my opinion. 

Thrawn you should be able to earn all the newbie brothers in the game. That is the way I read it. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[4HIM]
Members
1,800 posts
4,069 battles

But what happens if you purchase one and later earn one in game?

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,772 battles
4 hours ago, LukeV said:

Was there a time limit on them? Because I can't see them in the link.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts

Funny how many people either don't know the details of the German Commander Mission or don't care.  I've been ranted at or scolded for stupidity for trying to get the last part of the mission damage enemy ship's with secondary gun's............................................:Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm:   I got him this morning anyway and put him on my Nurnburg as that is my highest ship and I really don't(with the exception of the  Missouri) don't care for playing battleships  I think he'll do OK on her tho

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
21 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Funny how many people either don't know the details of the German Commander Mission or don't care.  I've been ranted at or scolded for stupidity for trying to get the last part of the mission damage enemy ship's with secondary gun's............................................:Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm:   I got him this morning anyway and put him on my Nurnburg as that is my highest ship and I really don't(with the exception of the  Missouri) don't care for playing battleships  I think he'll do OK on her tho

I do have one pertinent question the brother's of current unique commanders?   Are they only going to be purchase only or will they be available in missions?