You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

Z-39 is Here

16 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,548 battles

I'll be picking her up but won't be able to play her until next week.  I'm looking forward to the collective reports on everyone's experience.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/catch-some-zs/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/filter/?cd=3762173744

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I need another T7 premium like I need another hole in my head.

I hope you enjoy her though. :Smile_honoring:

[TARFU]
Members
879 posts
5,915 battles

WGing, notice the crickets... If it was the T-61 there would be 50 replies to this thread by now.

[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts

Just purchased her and decided to play her right out of bed before any coffee hit my system. Didn't last long as expected, lol.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,548 battles
5 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

I need another T7 premium like I need another hole in my head.

I hope you enjoy her though. :Smile_honoring:

Honestly, same here.  I'm all the way through Tier 10 on the German DD line but one of my goals is to get their commanders trained.  While the Z-39 isn't the optimum vehicle for that, she'll do for now.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,548 battles
10 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

WGing, notice the crickets... If it was the T-61 there would be 50 replies to this thread by now.

I expect the T-61 was delayed further to allow the Z-39 to get out.  There's such anticipation for the T-61 that if they released that first, fewer people would buy the Z-39 if it came out later.  This way they will capture people like me who want a German DD trainer and who will also buy the T-61 when it's put on sale.  Can't say I really blame them.  Based on the  @LittleWhiteMouse review of the Z-39 I'm happy with what I'm getting.  If the T-61 is decent I'll probably get her as well.

• Cool 1

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
185 posts

i think ill pass on this ship. Might get it down the road though.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
24,992 battles
5 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I expect the T-61 was delayed further to allow the Z-39 to get out.  There's such anticipation for the T-61 that if they released that first, fewer people would buy the Z-39 if it came out later.  This way they will capture people like me who want a German DD trainer and who will also buy the T-61 when it's put on sale.  Can't say I really blame them.  Based on the  @LittleWhiteMouse review of the Z-39 I'm happy with what I'm getting.  If the T-61 is decent I'll probably get her as well.

I don’t think that was the problem with Z-61. It looked OP for Tier 6 on paper and even more so in battle videos. 

Z-39 originally was a Tier 8 but it was a stinker there. Instead of balancing the ship for Tier 8, WG decided to move it to T7. Maybe the coming of Asashio encouraged them to down Tier the Z-39. That meant the alternative of moving Z-61 up to Tier 7 was off the table. 

Tier 6 has pretty horrid matchmaking. Tier 7 may have the best MM. Tier 8 is OK.  

I have 3 Premium DDs at T7 (Blyskawica, Sims and Leningrad) and 3 at Tier 8 (Kidd, Lo Yang and Asashio). Do I need another Tier 7 or 8 Premium DD?  No.  Would I prefer a GOOD Tier 6 DD?  YES. Anshan is a good ship but I refuse to build up a 19-point captain just for her. Aigle, Shinome and Gallant are all weak ships IMHO. 

I don’t need a captain trainer for any German ships but I’m still going to get the Z-39. I do pretty well in the Gaede and the Z-23 so why not?

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles

I like Z-39, she does have her drawbacks though and you need to learn how to play around them.

The gun reload means that direct gun fights are not your goal, and that you should seek to fight with some sort of advantage on your side. Be it smoke or a team member.

You are a bit on the slow side, so planning ahead is a key skill to master.

But in exchange, you have an awesome concealment (especially considering what comes next), are as tough as a brick and you have that sweet T7 MM.

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,125 battles

On paper, the Z-39 looks to play a lot like the Ernst Gaede.  I am debating about picking it up:cap_hmm:

B

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

wiki has base concealment as:

Surface Detectability Range = 7.74 km. (same is listed for Leberecht Maass)

dang -- not much sneaking around with these things.  I don't recall Maass being that horrible.  But than again I also sold my Maass when I finished the grind.  Which is usually a bad sign for me as I rarely sell back anything.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,724 battles

This ship is useless to me for the sole fact it has 150mm guns.

My Z52 has 128's....yeah REAL useful skill trainer there.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

wiki has base concealment as:

Surface Detectability Range = 7.74 km. (same is listed for Leberecht Maass)

dang -- not much sneaking around with these things.  I don't recall Maass being that horrible.  But than again I also sold my Maass when I finished the grind.  Which is usually a bad sign for me as I rarely sell back anything.  

She has access to the tier 8 Concealment Modification 1 upgrade (and other tier 8 bonuses besides).  You can get her surface detection down to 6.08km.

• Cool 1

[GULAG]
[GULAG]
Members
149 posts
1,369 battles

I picked up the Z-39 a little while ago. I have other grinding to do, but am planning on using her for leveling captains until T-61 comes out. Then she'll probably sit in port and only see a few games a month.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
13 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

She has access to the tier 8 Concealment Modification 1 upgrade (and other tier 8 bonuses besides).  You can get her surface detection down to 6.08km.

Danke