Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

Does this happen to anyone else?

14 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
552 posts
5,979 battles

So you're a few minutes into a random battle, your team is holding a couple caps and pushing, you engage a ship, a battle insues, after a couple minutes you are victorious. You look at the mini maps, and suddenly you are 1 of only 2 boats on you team alive! Blows my mind that 10 boats can vaporize like that. 

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
18 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

So you're a few minutes into a random battle, your team is holding a couple caps and pushing, you engage a ship, a battle insues, after a couple minutes you are victorious. You look at the mini maps, and suddenly you are 1 of only 2 boats on you team alive! Blows my mind that 10 boats can vaporize like that. 

all the time. happens a lot when teams on a 3 cap map go for AC. One side will be battling and all of the sudden the other side is gone. That is why AC is one of the worse choices a team can make. I think there is only 1 map where it makes sense. 

[SIDE]
Beta Testers
111 posts
25 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

1500+ battles and you're just now noticing these battles?  Happens all the time.  My favorite is your team has 3 out of 3 caps (some maps have 4), and your side loses because 2 or 3 of the players in chat say the usual; "no mercy,' 'kill em all' and within 4 minutes you get the "you're the lost hope" message!  It's like what the hell.  Sadly its a common occurrence. And we scratch our head and ask why and how (and of course sometimes we yell at the monitor) and move on to the next battle.  

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
552 posts
5,979 battles
17 minutes ago, Zeuxis said:

1500+ battles and you're just now noticing these battles?  Happens all the time.  My favorite is your team has 3 out of 3 caps (some maps have 4), and your side loses because 2 or 3 of the players in chat say the usual; "no mercy,' 'kill em all' and within 4 minutes you get the "you're the lost hope" message!  It's like what the hell.  Sadly its a common occurrence. And we scratch our head and ask why and how (and of course sometimes we yell at the monitor) and move on to the next battle.  

Well, it's taken 1200 battles for me to realize that being the first to die is wrong. Its just recently that I've been around long enough to notice it happening

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles

If it happens to you then I guarantee it has happened to other people.

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,764 battles

It's quite common. Worst part is you win a desperate struggle, and you look up and realize all your efforts went to naught. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,817 posts
4,168 battles

Or when you're in a struggle facing 3 reds.  You sink two of them and your priority target now reads 4.  Look at the lineup and see you're one of if not the last alive.  

[JUICE]
Members
820 posts
6,369 battles

Happened to me two nights ago in a ranked battle. We had all 3 caps and were up by 2 ships and in a matter of a couple minutes the team was gone. I was 9+1 star then and after that I was done with ranked for this season.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
1 hour ago, Buzzardsluck said:

all the time. happens a lot when teams on a 3 cap map go for AC. One side will be battling and all of the sudden the other side is gone. That is why AC is one of the worse choices a team can make. I think there is only 1 map where it makes sense. 

The Red team is actually a Green team too. When both teams go A-C it works perfectly for one of them.

One team's woefully pathetic loss is another team's glorious win.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,448 posts
4,302 battles
34 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

The Red team is actually a Green team too. When both teams go A-C it works perfectly for one of them.

One team's woefully pathetic loss is another team's glorious win.

This.

Also, one team's victory pulled from the jaws of defeat is the other team's "How the :etc_swear: did that happen?" jaw-dropper.

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles

Well...tunnel visioning and ignoring the minimap just to engage one ship is a problem.

Plus, if it took you so long to kill off an enemy ship so much so that your entire team has already died, your fires must've been less than effective. One of the most important benchmark for unicums is to realize that your best target is not always the target closest to you, or the ship that you can deal the most damage to. Positioning is also very critical, position yourself where you can assert a maximum impact to the outcome to the game.

Good luck and fair seas!

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
363 posts
3,472 battles
29 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Well...tunnel visioning and ignoring the minimap just to engage one ship is a problem.

Yep that was and at times continues to be my problem.

I recall racing to assist a flank while heavily engaged with another cruiser. Eventually got the better of him. Looked up and discovered I was now the flank and staring a 4 red ships licking their chops at the sacrifice RNJ had delivered into their midst.

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Summer Vacation has already started for many schools, that means we essentially have weekend conditions on most days now. Holidays it can happen as well. This is nothing new and well known phenomenon for those of us that are Wargaming game veterans. The plus side is you have the chances of racking up some record breaking scores, and on the other hand you run the risk of having a really bad team until the Falll when kids are back in school. Big thing to remember is not to want to quit the game for good or anything since some get tempted this time of year without realize no things go back to normal on the Fall.

Sign in to follow this