Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Freddie_Creamer

Free Lunch (Was I in the wrong?)

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
691 posts
1,115 battles

Went to get some lunch at the my local mall's food court with my friend. We both placed our orders but I guess they got a bit confused with the orders and I only got charged a $1.80 for the water and didn't have to pay for the food. The funny part was that my friend did. Now I probably should have done the honourable thing and pointed out the mistake....who the hell am I kidding if they make a mistake like that it's rude to interrupt. Food tastes so much better when it's free.:cap_cool:

(I'm probably a terrible person)

 

 

Edited by Freddie_Creamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,725
[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

TANSTAAFL. There aint no such thing as a free lunch.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
691 posts
1,115 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

TANSTAAFL. There aint no such thing as a free lunch.

Technically you're right. I did have to pay for the privilege of water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,459
[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
3 hours ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

Went to get some lunch at the my local mall's food court with my friend. We both placed our orders but I guess they got a bit confused with the orders and I only got charged a $1.80 for the water and didn't have to pay for the food. The funny part was that my friend did. Now I probably should have done the honourable thing and pointed out the mistake....who the hell am I kidding if they make a mistake like that it's rude to interrupt. Food tastes so much better when it's free.:cap_cool:

(I'm probably a terrible person)

 

 

But then again, you might have gotten that employee in trouble when they did the register cash count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
733
[HYDRO]
Members
1,578 posts
3,751 battles
26 minutes ago, Sventex said:

But then again, you might have gotten that employee in trouble when they did the register cash count.

This. By the end of each shift or even day, the employees do a cash count based on the receipts. If anything was found off during the waiters shift, most have to fork it over from their own pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1,542 posts
26 battles

This has happened to me a few times but I always go back and pay afterwards because of the terrible guilt ^_^;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×