You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Eleazaar

WHAT is going on in game?

19 comments in this topic

[M-O-B]
Members
11 posts
2,053 battles

Two things really I need to ask about. First, today was the second time this week that an island tried to torpedo my ship. No carrier in that match, so no torpedo planes to drop and run. I am shooting as I am passing behind islands around the edge of the map, and as I'm scoped in waiting for my next clear shot, a single torpedo launches from the beach at me. I know in other games that there are sometimes "cracks" in the coding of physical objects in game that sometimes let an A.I. enemy fire through or something, like that, but please could you look out for that. Its incredulous to see when it happens. 

Secondly, I'm  in a co-op, Soloman Isles, covering the middle with support fire from my Wyoming. Only myself and one of my division mates are there (alive, that is) and everyone else is around one end or the other. I am laying fire into an A.I. Wyoming in the slot, when I get a warning for damaging allies. Then I get another, and another, and another and another (like when a target is burning or flooding. There was another Wyoming on our team, but he wasn't anywhere near me, in the direction I was firing or probably even in my effective gun range. In fact, I think he was sunk, but it sure had nothing to do with me. I went pink for two games which is no big deal really, but If I am going to get penalized, I would at least like to have earned it. 

That's all. Anyone else experience either of these things in game?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,186 posts
12,684 battles

Please provide replays so we can actually see what happened, whether it's a bug or something else.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,564 posts
8,979 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Please provide replays so we can actually see what happened, whether it's a bug or something else.

Not doubting what the OP saw but replays don't always show what was seen in game.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,186 posts
12,684 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Not doubting what the OP saw but replays don't always show what was seen in game.

No, but they show what happened. Eye witness accounts are notoriously unreliable and often we think we see things that happened slightly different. Like torpedo-launching islands for example? The trajectory of the torpedo could give us a clue where it came from, and whether or not it really did go through an island. If it did, we'd need to know which island on which map and from which direction. Or does OP expect the devs / test teams to go through every island on every map at every angle to find three pixels that might not be a correct collision box?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,564 posts
8,979 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

No, but they show what happened. Eye witness accounts are notoriously unreliable and often we think we see things that happened slightly different. Like torpedo-launching islands for example? The trajectory of the torpedo could give us a clue where it came from, and whether or not it really did go through an island. If it did, we'd need to know which island on which map and from which direction. Or does OP expect the devs / test teams to go through every island on every map at every angle to find three pixels that might not be a correct collision box?

All I am saying is that the replay will show what really happened even if what the player really saw was not the same, the game can lie.

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,643 battles

You might have set someone on fire which is why you got the pink messages. Or the friendly ship and the red ship were so close that you couldn't see them clearly on the mini map.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,560 battles

I just exited the game -- my data is gone.  US CV night in Co-Op..   Working the Lexington and playing with AP bombe -- Citadels galore !!!

Darndest thing -- PINK damage for shooting down a friendly plane.  I never used manual strafe since it's just co-op.

Doesn't show what ship the plane was from.  There is no indication whatsoever of any of my planes being shot down.  Heck, I only got 10 CV planes with our Atlanta taking the lion share.

So what gives???   Pink damage for...  What??   I'd have to go through every replay, but what am I looking for?

Something goofy is going on with the TK feature.  I didn't turn pink, and I didn't even get fined.

Oh yeah..   That silly torpedo-gate island is center cap on trap -- north side.  I've sent torps through it a couple times.  It's a narrow island transparent to torpedoes.  There are likely more.

I'll try to get a replay -- maybe training room if I find time.

[VW]
Members
1,932 posts
12,495 battles

They added a penalty for not moving. Did you park your cv all match? If so, thats why youre pink

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

I just exited the game -- my data is gone.  US CV night in Co-Op..   Working the Lexington and playing with AP bombe -- Citadels galore !!!

Darndest thing -- PINK damage for shooting down a friendly plane.  I never used manual strafe since it's just co-op.

Doesn't show what ship the plane was from.  There is no indication whatsoever of any of my planes being shot down.  Heck, I only got 10 CV planes with our Atlanta taking the lion share.

So what gives???   Pink damage for...  What??   I'd have to go through every replay, but what am I looking for?

Something goofy is going on with the TK feature.  I didn't turn pink, and I didn't even get fined.

Oh yeah..   That silly torpedo-gate island is center cap on trap -- north side.  I've sent torps through it a couple times.  It's a narrow island transparent to torpedoes.  There are likely more.

I'll try to get a replay -- maybe training room if I find time.

I actually had the same problem with hurting an ally even though no one was around... I was in French bb shooting aps and i was getting damage like I started a flood on someone. I didn’t think about it at the time because I’ve maybe missed something but now that someone else experienced it it kinda makes sense that for whatever reason the game thought the teammate was on our side cause same exact ship. Or I’m just going crazy! Lol 

• Cool 1

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
2 hours ago, Eleazaar said:

Two things really I need to ask about. First, today was the second time this week that an island tried to torpedo my ship. No carrier in that match, so no torpedo planes to drop and run. I am shooting as I am passing behind islands around the edge of the map, and as I'm scoped in waiting for my next clear shot, a single torpedo launches from the beach at me. I know in other games that there are sometimes "cracks" in the coding of physical objects in game that sometimes let an A.I. enemy fire through or something, like that, but please could you look out for that. Its incredulous to see when it happens. 

Have seen torpedo's appear from island once and from out of the ocean once. No ships, aircraft in VCO. Got called a liar in a semi polite fashion.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,560 battles

A REAL conspiracy theory (just a Sci-Fi story at this point) would be if some developer intentionally put these 'defects' into the maps and ships -- just to sell the cheats later.

Cheat codes are extremely common, and if there is an intentional 'defect' in certain common hiding places,  how much is that information worth?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,560 battles
5 hours ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Have seen torpedo's appear from island once and from out of the ocean once. No ships, aircraft in VCO. Got called a liar in a semi polite fashion.

My replays are enabled..   Had that happen once.

CV planes attacked me (CV had died moments earlier), and i shot down the remaining 3 planes targeted at me immediately after they dropped.

Since I had turned starboard away from them, it took a while for the torps to catch up to me when I made another port turn.

I went crazy in chat..  Red enemy torps ..  but all the DDs, cruisers, and CV, and planes were dead..   Where the $#%^& did they come from?

Only surviving ship was a bot Amagi across the map.

Enemy team gave no explanation since they were all those dammed cheating bots.  Avoided, so not on the report.

[M-O-B]
Members
11 posts
2,053 battles
On 5/18/2018 at 12:05 AM, Taichunger said:

You might have set someone on fire which is why you got the pink messages. Or the friendly ship and the red ship were so close that you couldn't see them clearly on the mini map.

There was only 1 ship within 10km of me and that was my teammate in a cruiser. When I saw the message come up, I immediately zoomed out, thinking someone had pulled in front of me. There was absolutely no other allied ship near me, in the target area of my guns, beyond the target area or to either side (except for the cruiser on my right, well out of my line of fire. There was just nothing there. I was broadside to the center (B area) in Solomon Isles. Only the big enemy Wyoming in front of me. Not even any question about what was there. Something may have hit the other allied Wyoming and set it on fire, but it sure was not me.

[M-O-B]
Members
11 posts
2,053 battles
On 5/18/2018 at 1:36 AM, Paintpro_1 said:

I actually had the same problem with hurting an ally even though no one was around... I was in French bb shooting aps and i was getting damage like I started a flood on someone. I didn’t think about it at the time because I’ve maybe missed something but now that someone else experienced it it kinda makes sense that for whatever reason the game thought the teammate was on our side cause same exact ship. Or I’m just going crazy! Lol 

That thought actually occurred to me shortly after it happened. You may be right too. It is about the only thing that makes sense, since I did set my A.I. target on fire as well in the process.

[M-O-B]
Members
11 posts
2,053 battles
On 5/17/2018 at 11:43 PM, Lert said:

I would LOVE to provide replays. Lets make a deal. Y'all put a nice, fat replay button where any idiot (like me) can find it, and a way we can just call them up and review them ourselves easily so we don't bother anyone with misconceptions of what happens, and I will provide you with replays, time locations in them when things happen. Right now, navigation is confusing for many players and making such things "user-friendly" would greatly improve the quality of feedback you get and obviously, the overall game quality (since you can see more usable evidence of any flaws that detract from gameplay).

Deal?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,186 posts
12,684 battles

No need to get all huffy with me.

I'd love for WG to make replays more user friendly. I'd love for them to put in a one-click button to activate replays. It's not my fault they haven't. In the mean time, there is this article. Seems to work fine. No, it's not as good as a one-click button like in WoT. But it's the best thing we've got.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,530 battles

The replay tool works, there's also a checkbox in the official modstation to do the same thing.

[M-O-B]
Members
11 posts
2,053 battles

My apologies if I sounded "huffy." I am sure I'm not the only one who is frustrated by that. My real point there was just to say I would very much like to do all that, make the game better by finding little issues I come across that need to be cleaned up. It is just a complicated process as-is and really should not be. What it does is make some of seem like whiners when all we really want to do is play the game, have fun, and not spend ridiculous time trying to get real evidence of an issue to y'all instead of the aforementioned.  You're cool bro, no worries.

[PVE]
Members
5,594 posts
18,173 battles

Torpedoes coming thru the islands has been reported over and over again. Every time they just want a replay, so nothing you can do about it. Personally I just think it is part of the new meta and ignore it. If it happens, it happens besides you get nothing for reporting a bug. If the programmers can not find the problem that says more about their abilities than not. The new penalty system is annoying, silly and annoying. Best just to ignore it now, so many pink players in the game it does not have the stigma it used to. I wouldn't worry about it any.