You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

WG, If You Are Going To Do An Indianapolis Campaign...

19 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles

Please don't make it like the Christmas campaigns of last year.

The Duke of York and New Year's Raid campaigns caused me to actually take a hiatus from the game for the first time.

We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn premium ships without opening our wallets, but I don't believe sucking the fun and enthusiasm out of the game and making it a monotonous grind is worth it both in the short term and long term, either for us players or for Wargaming itself.

This has the potential to be on the same level of the Bismarck campaign or perhaps even better. I only hope, Wargaming, that you can live up to the standards which you yourself have set.

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
2 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

The Duke of York and New Year's Raid campaigns caused me to actually take a hiatus from the game for the first time.

We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn premium ships without opening our wallets, but I don't believe sucking the fun and enthusiasm out of the game and making it a monotonous grind is worth it both in the short term and long term, either for us players or for Wargaming itself.

This has the potential to be on the same level of the Bismarck campaign or perhaps even better. I only hope, Wargaming, that you can live up to the standards which you yourself have set.

I think the campaign is for those that have the Indianapolis.

There are missions in the American crates for earning premiums.

QGV2d7P.jpg

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are missions in the American crates for earning premiums.

QGV2d7P.jpg

Hmm, if that's true, then I'm probably just going to end up ignoring the campaign entirely :fish_sleep:

[5D5]
Members
2,281 posts
14,311 battles

I think it'll be more like the French BB missions where the crates earned gave you a chance to get one of the T5-8 BBs.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,942 battles
33 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Hmm, if that's true, then I'm probably just going to end up ignoring the campaign entirely :fish_sleep:

Looks like a pretty big waste of time to me, too. 

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

Why would you want a crappier New Orleans in every way, but it has Radar you can use to shoot at enemy ships not once, but TWICE!

[SYN]
Members
14,446 posts
10,425 battles

The way WG setups campaigns is that they require more hours of work to complete if you don't pay WG.

If you get a $10/hr job, then you can just pay WG whatever your earnings were for a day, like $40~80 or whatever, and be done with the campaign in no time at all.

Edited by MrDeaf

[SPF]
Members
94 posts
9,382 battles

WG called it the "Indianapolis Marathon" , not campaign. So probably more like the Varyag or Oktober Revolution missions that will have to be completed over 6 weeks to get the ship. 

Dc8WJn3V0AAF82Q.jpg

[TARFU]
Members
880 posts
5,915 battles

Lol, I can't believe they aren't going to buff the Indianapolis to be at least equal to the new New Orleans, wth!!! The radar isn't even that useful most of the time, unless it's a cyclone at the end of a game where you need to find a DD or something. At lower tiers the focus fire doesn't engulf the radar'd DD fast enough to really make a difference.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,176 posts
18,887 battles

I think it’s right that it will be like the other marathons. The good: I have already the Indianapolis so I‘m just in for the extra rewards. 

I don’t agree about the get a minimum wage job and buy it idea. I just can play the game and get some extras beside the daily containers. It‘s not that I spend extra time I wouldn’t spend in the game to get the Indi.

Members
1,296 posts
21,024 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I guess that's possible, but I think it unlikely.  May as well put a lot of time into creating a campaign for those with a Kutuzov or Belfast.

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
25 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I guess that's possible, but I think it unlikely.  May as well put a lot of time into creating a campaign for those with a Kutuzov or Belfast.

I can't find where I read it, but the Indianapolis campaign was for the Indianapolis, so I read that as for people who have it. You have a good point that it is probably for getting the Indianapolis.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
300 posts
9,816 battles

While I never complain about buying a ship, Indianapolis is one that I have never been able to get a 'feel for'. It's a very situational ship for me with it's nice guns but trollish armor. I generally do not do very well in it. If a campaign is on the horizon I am hopeful it will include missions for those of us that have already purchased it. Bonus stuff is a bonus so thanks WG. 

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Indianapolis is worse than soon-to-be Tier 7 New Orleans? :((( I was looking forward to trying it out once she's released in the Premium Shop beginning 1st of June.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,189 battles
1 hour ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

While I never complain about buying a ship, Indianapolis is one that I have never been able to get a 'feel for'. It's a very situational ship for me with it's nice guns but trollish armor. I generally do not do very well in it. If a campaign is on the horizon I am hopeful it will include missions for those of us that have already purchased it. Bonus stuff is a bonus so thanks WG. 

I love cruisers and cruiser play but the Indianapolis and I do not get on well. Not sure why honestly, just nothing interesting about it in game. I have the NO and the Pepsi and find them "meh" as well. I got the Indianapolis in a bundle so I don't feel cheated but I caution anyone else to really think before spending real money on this boat.

I am hopeful that they have the same kinds of missions they made available for the October Revolution, the Aigle, and other ships that they made available for free in the game. If they do, I may be persuaded to actually use the ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,207 battles

Free ship is good. Can't wait to see the mission requirements.

Beta Testers
183 posts

Will be interesting. When she was first released she was good enough. Not great, but good enough. Now though, with the power creep and new nations and plethora of flat out BETTER tier 7s, there's no point in buying her. Which is a shame considering the history behind her. And all it would take to make her slightly more competitive would be a ROF buff and a slight buff to her Radar deployment time.

Drop the reload from 14.3 sec down to something like 11.5 or 12, and increase the active radar time from 25 to 30 seconds. Only being able to get off an absolute max of 3 volleys while Radar is active makes me a sad panda.

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles
4 hours ago, Zionas said:

Indianapolis is worse than soon-to-be Tier 7 New Orleans? :((( I was looking forward to trying it out once she's released in the Premium Shop beginning 1st of June.

I wanted to love the Indy, but she has bad concealment and an unresponsive rudder as compared to either the Pensacola or New Orleans, so she really doesn’t work well. Her guns are great, but her radar range is too short compared to her detection range, and she is much easier to hit than other USN cruisers due to her bad rudder. Just a bad ship all around. 

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles

Indianapolis certainly is a challenging ship. 

When I play Belfast or Kutuzov, I go in with the intent of carrying the team to a dominating win.  It certainly doesn't always happen, but the potential is there.

When I play Indianapolis, I go in with the intent of having a good game and placing high on my team.  She can certainly do well, but she requires a more skilled player who makes few mistakes to do so.