You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

48 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,986 posts
7,530 battles

She's a light cruiser. What, exactly, were you expecting, that she somehow be able to one shot T9 BB's? She's a perfectly serviceable scout and support ship, which is exactly what she is. Shocking, amirite?

Just because you can't make it work doesn't make it bad, it just means you can't make it work. I find it odd, also, as your stats say you've never played the ship. I wonder how you've formed an opinion on something you have no experience in. In fact, the only nation you've played is France, and your 3 most played ships are premiums. Going on the available stats, I have to say that it's the driver, and not the ship, or ships, in your case. You have less than 450 rounds played, you'll eventually gain the experience to make ships do what you wish them to do. :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Members
182 posts
728 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

She's a light cruiser. What, exactly, were you expecting, that she somehow be able to one shot T9 BB's? She's a perfectly serviceable scout and support ship, which is exactly what she is. Shocking, amirite?

Just because you can't make it work doesn't make it bad, it just means you can't make it work. I find it odd, also, as your stats say you've never played the ship. I wonder how you've formed an opinion on something you have no experience in. In fact, the only nation you've played is France, and your 3 most played ships are premiums. Going on the available stats, I have to say that it's the driver, and not the ship, or ships, in your case. You have less than 450 rounds played, you'll eventually gain the experience to make ships do what you wish them to do. :)

Ok.

• Angry 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles
42 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Who said the abruzzi was ready for sale lol.

And at $40 :O .

Potatoes.

It’s a very comfortable ship to play. I mean it could use a small buff but by no means is it bad. I find it average and fun to play. (With my 5-10 battles in it). IFHE and CE are a must. Maybe that’s your issue. Also 444 battles doesn’t help. 

Members
182 posts
728 battles
12 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

It’s a very comfortable ship to play. I mean it could use a small buff but by no means is it bad. I find it average and fun to play. (With my 5-10 battles in it). IFHE and CE are a must. Maybe that’s your issue. Also 444 battles doesn’t help. 

$40 is not average.

$40 is also not fun.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles
6 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

$40 is not average.

$40 is also not fun.

$40 is $40... your point is? 

I’ll throw this in too... Atlanta is 9k doubloons. If you buy the 25k doubloons the Atlanta is $36. Also does not come with a port slot or 25 XP boosts. 

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

Members
182 posts
728 battles
2 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

$40 is $40... your point is? 

A $40 ship should be perfect.

The abruzzi needs at least 2 months more work before selling.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles
Just now, francesabyss said:

A $40 ship should be perfect.

The abruzzi needs at least 2 months more work before selling.

That makes no sense. You’re saying if you pay more you should get an OP ship? It’s just a ship. Also the difference as I mentioned between Atlanta and Abruzzi is $3.56. Is the $3.56 worth the port slot and 25 XP boosts? I mean your call but the ship is fine. Do you own it?

• Funny 1

Members
182 posts
728 battles
4 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

That makes no sense. You’re saying if you pay more you should get an OP ship? It’s just a ship. Also the difference as I mentioned between Atlanta and Abruzzi is $3.56. Is the $3.56 worth the port slot and 25 XP boosts? I mean your call but the ship is fine. Do you own it?

Atlanta is a godly amazing ship.

I own both.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles
18 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

I own both.

I would like to know your stats in both. Just out of curiosity. Maybe some win rates or damage numbers would explain why you think it is so bad and the Atlanta is so good. In my book, Atlanta is more fun but difficult to play. It looks like you have only played French ships as of today.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
29 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

I own both.

LOL no.  Atlanta is a steaming rubbish heap.  While I don't like the Abruzzi, I guarantee I'd rather have a new player in Abruzzi than Atlanta.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,986 posts
7,530 battles
1 hour ago, francesabyss said:

I own both.

Own both, says one is bad, other is godly, has played neither. Seems legit.

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts

I have both dukes and the Atlanta.  D'Aosta is extremely fragile but gorgeous. I mostly use her in operations to train captains. As someone who plays mostly BBs, I got the Abruzzi because it's a finesse ship which forces me to improve my game. I do wish she had more hitting power as 30k damage is my avg with 40k being a great game.  I haven't  played her that much so far but plan to play her a lot.

The ATL is frustrating because it takes so little to detonate her.  She maneuvers like a barge so the only viable strategy is to park behind an island and wait for someone to sail within 13.3 kms.  If you take her out into the open she will be blown to smithereens in under a minute.  The Abruzzi can dodge and weave to miss salvos aimed at her.

It pays off to have skill ships to play along with big forgiving BBs.  

:Smile_child:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles
11 hours ago, francesabyss said:

I own both.

You may own both but you have played neither unless under a different account. The only Cruisers you have played are the French. So you speak not to that which you actually know here.

Atlanta is a good ship and so is Abruzzi if played to their strengths. Both suffer if you can't don't do that.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The only Cruisers you have played are the French.

:cap_haloween::Smile_medal:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just an observation Chaos not  a criticism LOL

I know my friend, LoL:cap_haloween:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Atlanta is a good ship and so is Abruzzi if played to their strengths. Both suffer if you can't don't do that.

This true of any ship in the hands of the right Captain (the one behind the screen) a ship can perform well. I have some that can make a ship just seem to dance in battle.

I when I first started I would think "I can do that" so I would go get that ship (or buy it if a premium) and guess what it does not always work that way. So I would get frustrated and sell the ship since it was "the ships fault" not mine.

Then I slowed down, and started to try to learn this game and I am still learning.

It is the not always the ship, even in the case of the Myogi, AdmiralThunder's favorite ship:cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:   

[O7]
[O7]
Members
291 posts
12,355 battles

Abruzzi is god tier in the right hands. Just sayin

• Cool 3

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,832 battles
On 5/19/2018 at 1:39 AM, Kebobstuzov said:

Abruzzi is god tier in the right hands. Just sayin

I quite enjoy it as a primary CA/CL player. But she does not scale well in tier 9 games when pretty much everyone has a heal (her main strength ), and with her limited range. I really could not understand all the bad reviews on it.

[O7]
[O7]
Members
291 posts
12,355 battles
11 hours ago, Faygo_Redpop said:

I quite enjoy it as a primary CA/CL player. But she does not scale well in tier 9 games when pretty much everyone has a heal (her main strength ), and with her limited range. I really could not understand all the bad reviews on it.

anything that I can do 192k in at T7 gets my seal of approval lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles
18 hours ago, Faygo_Redpop said:

Neither could I nor all the player bashing of the ship from those who haven't played it. The ship is ok. I find it more fun/better than a lot of the other T7 Cruisers so many say Abruzzi can't match up to? Far from the garbage we have been told it is by some famous reviewers.

Speaking of that. Be careful disagreeing with, or even daring to suggest a certain one on the forums might be substituting opinion/personal bias for fact. You will get slammed for daring to contradict the words of the exalted one. I even caught crap on Reddit for somethings aid here. :Smile_sceptic:

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,832 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Neither could I nor all the player bashing of the ship from those who haven't played it. The ship is ok. I find it more fun/better than a lot of the other T7 Cruisers so many say Abruzzi can't match up to? Far from the garbage we have been told it is by some famous reviewers.

Speaking of that. Be careful disagreeing with, or even daring to suggest a certain one on the forums might be substituting opinion/personal bias for fact. You will get slammed for daring to contradict the words of the exalted one. I even caught crap on Reddit for somethings aid here. :Smile_sceptic:

I have opinions , Community Contributors have opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own, Sometimes their opinions are ones I agree with and sometimes not. I this case I don't agree, and that's fine. I only have an issue when someone states their opinions as facts.

[CVA16]
Members
2,303 posts
9,899 battles
On 5/17/2018 at 5:36 PM, Belyy_Klyk said:

IFHE and CE are a must.

So its one of THOSE ships. Requires a 14 pt captain to make it really work. Kind of a painful grind up until that point. Its not unique in this but such ships can give a bad opinion of the ship up until you reach that sweetspot. Makes it subpar for use as a captain trainer (there will eventually be an Italian line, right?).

• Cool 1