Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vulgarr

Massachusetts

27 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
304 posts
6,749 battles

• Cool 5

[NDA]
Supertester
4,850 posts
13,862 battles

Thanks for the codes, manage to get 10 camos. 

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WPP]
Members
525 posts
5,508 battles

I watched the video.  Got the Code.  Said it was invalid after entering it 4 different ways.  

Still a good review.

(Found the second code and it didn't work either.  wth??)

Edited by galspanic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Same lol invalid.  I don't think we really need a second Alabama personally lol.  No offense to anybody.

[BRZKR]
304 posts
6,749 battles
10 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I watched the video.  Got the Code.  Said it was invalid after entering it 4 different ways.  

Still a good review.

(Found the second code and it didn't work either.  wth??)

CCT codes will come back as invalid if someone has already claimed it.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,079 battles

I have been holding out for the MA. This is one of the last premium ships I have on my will buy regardless  listas the first BB I ever got to go on

[WPP]
Members
525 posts
5,508 battles
Just now, Vulgarr said:

CCT codes will come back as invalid if someone has already claimed it.

Hahaha.  So on YouTube is should say "One eagle eyed viewers might even get something extra out of this video."

Sorry, but that's hilarious.

[BRZKR]
304 posts
6,749 battles
Just now, galspanic said:

Hahaha.  So on YouTube is should say "One eagle eyed viewers might even get something extra out of this video."

Sorry, but that's hilarious.

Ah but you can only redeem a max of 3 codes and there are more than that ;)

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,217 posts
14,630 battles

The codes were bad.

As for the ship itself, watching this and Notser's video, the secondaries are just too slow firing.  In both videos I am seeing these long segments where secondaries are barely firing despite ships well under 10km range.

Mind you, this is a problem with ALL USN BB Secondaries in this game.  They all suffer from a lack of range and reload speed.  Mass is supposed to have range, but as you can see, the reload is too long and makes it pointless.  Secondary Builds are very expensive to implement, especially if you're doing it with Manual Secondaries added.  But when they shoot slow?  There's no point.

I was trying out in the last few months, testing in co-op, Secondary Builds on NC, Iowa, even Montana.  They're just too slow firing.

Iowa with BFT+SBM3 has 4.3 seconds with her 128mm DP x20 guns.

North Carolina is 5.4 seconds with her 128mm DP x20 guns.

In contrast:

Bismarck with BFT

150mm x12 at 6.8 seconds

105mm x16 at 3 seconds

It's no contest at all.

The 127mm DP guns' rate of fire has been heavily nerfed from what they really were.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_5-38_mk12.php

Their reload speed should have been between 4 seconds to as low as 2.7 seconds.  Instead in WoWS, even with BFT helping out, they fire at 5.4 seconds.  WoWS Iowa with BFT & SBM3 only goes down to 4.3 seconds.  It's a joke.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BRZKR]
304 posts
6,749 battles

Again, the codes weren't bad. Invalid means someone beat you to redeeming them. lol

[BRZKR]
304 posts
6,749 battles
52 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The 127mm DP guns' rate of fire has been heavily nerfed from what they really were.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_5-38_mk12.php

Their reload speed should have been between 4 seconds to as low as 2.7 seconds.  Instead in WoWS, even with BFT helping out, they fire at 5.4 seconds.  WoWS Iowa with BFT & SBM3 only goes down to 4.3 seconds.  It's a joke.

I have given my feedback to Wargaming on the ship and requested the reload speed be increased. I informed them that if they want it to be a secondary brawler like the Bismarck, then it needs to at least be closer in some respects. Bismarck outclasses it in secondaries in all respects. Number of guns, range, and reload. I begged them to at the very least, make the reload near to or the same as Bismarck.
I was told that the ship may still have a few tweaks coming. So we shall see if they took my request to heart.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,217 posts
14,630 battles
13 minutes ago, Vulgarr said:

I have given my feedback to Wargaming on the ship and requested the reload speed be increased. I informed them that if they want it to be a secondary brawler like the Bismarck, then it needs to at least be closer in some respects. Bismarck outclasses it in secondaries in all respects. Number of guns, range, and reload. I begged them to at the very least, make the reload near to or the same as Bismarck.
I was told that the ship may still have a few tweaks coming. So we shall see if they took my request to heart.

Why I'm guessing they're reluctant to improve the secondaries even more is due to, what I'm assuming, the already excellent foundation of AA Mass will have.  She is a SoDak-class like 'Bama.  Hence why they nerfed Mass' main battery sigma, when 'Bama is already lower sigma than NC.

Bismarck in Sec.Spec has mediocre AA.  At least it's not "Tirpitz Awful AA" but it's still mediocre.  Mass I imagine will still have very good AA due to her having those USN BB mounts, even with a Secondary Spec.

If they speed up the reload speed, I'm wagering Mass will pay for it elsewhere, if she still maintains the AA foundation as she does as a member of the South Dakota-class.  Probably another hit to the main battery sigma.

What's another kick to Massachusetts' jimmy, I guess...

Members
3,423 posts
8,276 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Why I'm guessing they're reluctant to improve the secondaries even more is due to, what I'm assuming, the already excellent foundation of AA Mass will have.  She is a SoDak-class like 'Bama.  Hence why they nerfed Mass' main battery sigma, when 'Bama is already lower sigma than NC.

Bismarck in Sec.Spec has mediocre AA.  At least it's not "Tirpitz Awful AA" but it's still mediocre.  Mass I imagine will still have very good AA due to her having those USN BB mounts, even with a Secondary Spec.

If they speed up the reload speed, I'm wagering Mass will pay for it elsewhere, if she still maintains the AA foundation as she does as a member of the South Dakota-class.  Probably another hit to the main battery sigma.

MA seems to me a Frankenstein of compromises. More than anything else the way they have WIP MA's Damage Control Party programmed currently seems to be the biggest problem. If I didn't already have AL and I were offered a choice between AL and WIP MA I would still choose the AL. The sum total of trade-offs to make MA what it is doesn't add up to a good outcome as far as I can tell. 

Edited by lemekillmister

[WOLF6]
Members
315 posts
4,578 battles

Forget the secondaries , keep the sigma as is and give it Hydro . It might entice some Alabama owners to fork up some cash for it then .

[MOH]
Members
247 posts
1,274 battles

You'd have to really improve the reload speed on the MA's secondaries for it to be remotely effective.  At first I thought, "But yeah, the MA still has better main battery, AA, handling characteristics than the German brawlers," but it also doesn't have the survivability that the German brawlers have, either.  I'm sure whatever tweaks they make, it'll be good though.  It's a WIP ship afterall.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,956 posts
10,733 battles

Nice video and thanks for the update. Eagerly waiting for MA to drop.

Just FYI if you were trying to spell out how someone from MA would say Lobster with that terrible MA accent it would be Lobstah not Lobsta. Some people in that state seem to replace the R at the end of words ending in AR or ER with an H. :Smile_amazed: I cringe every time I hear people talk like that around here (I live just over the border in NH). :Smile_ohmy: It is CAR not CAH, it is LOBSTER not LOBSTAH, etc... LOL :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Funny 1

Members
2,299 posts
4,163 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Apparently I didn't post it but wrote a response to your other post saying much the same.

With a ma I would not go full secondary build. Instead maybe just take bft+aft for AA and get the added benefit of longer range secondaries. 

Losing some sigma sucks but is hardly a deal breaker. Since it still has those 16" shs rifles.

Getting in close reduced the need for CE which frees up some skills.

I'm thinking 10 point survival build + ar, bft, aft and aim mod 1 would make a tough little all around ship.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,217 posts
14,630 battles
1 hour ago, StoneRhino said:

Apparently I didn't post it but wrote a response to your other post saying much the same.

With a ma I would not go full secondary build. Instead maybe just take bft+aft for AA and get the added benefit of longer range secondaries. 

Losing some sigma sucks but is hardly a deal breaker. Since it still has those 16" shs rifles.

Getting in close reduced the need for CE which frees up some skills.

I'm thinking 10 point survival build + ar, bft, aft and aim mod 1 would make a tough little all around ship.

The problem with that are a few things.

USN BBs don't get access to ASM1 at all, and only at IX-X do they get APRM2 for main battery dispersion buffing.

If Mass isn't going to be a Secondary Spec-worthy ship, then I may as well ignore her and play North Carolina which is still in my port or Alabama, which I also own.  NC & 'Bama are already close enough as it is, and Mass being good only in a similar capacity is unnecessary for me.  Why have 3 USN BBs in the same tier that play the same way?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles

Yeah, they really need to:

• Bump secondary ROF to the historical rate of 15 - 20 rpm
  • Restore the repair party to the normal values.
  • Move Sigma to the middle ground of 1.8

Then it will be just fine.  Neither OP nor UP.

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
On 5/17/2018 at 6:30 PM, Vulgarr said:

Thank you for the vid :Smile_honoring:

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
On 5/18/2018 at 7:13 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

Nice video and thanks for the update. Eagerly waiting for MA to drop.

Just FYI if you were trying to spell out how someone from MA would say Lobster with that terrible MA accent it would be Lobstah not Lobsta. Some people in that state seem to replace the R at the end of words ending in AR or ER with an H. :Smile_amazed: I cringe every time I hear people talk like that around here (I live just over the border in NH). :Smile_ohmy: It is CAR not CAH, it is LOBSTER not LOBSTAH, etc... LOL :Smile_facepalm:

Lol uh oh I guess I better not voice comm with you then... :Smile_teethhappy:

My native accent, but I can switch or to nice British or Irish accent if needed.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,956 posts
10,733 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol uh oh I guess I better not voice comm with you then... :Smile_teethhappy:

My native accent, but I can switch or to nice British or Irish accent if needed.

Don't know which is worse? The MA accent or the ME accent? 25 minute drive North takes me into ME and the same South into MA. I am stuck between the 2...:Smile_hiding:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't know which is worse? The MA accent or the ME accent? 25 minute drive North takes me into ME and the same South into MA. I am stuck between the 2...:Smile_hiding:

Lol fortunately I spent early years with New England accent thanks to parents who had to work, and hast a pastor who’s daughter had strong New England accent that would babysit me a lot. So guess who I learned to talk from? Grateful though since nice it can be fun accent to play around with and gave me the proper template that ship my accent around nicely. More importantly gave me ability to understand a lot of foreign accents that many people will have trouble with if somebody has very broken English. There have been times when I have been able to talk to people that most or perhaps everyone present could not understand and the people may have needed some help.

Oddly enough only accent I have trouble with is the strong Southern accent, likely because my mind can work very quickly and they stretch words out so long and use some odd ones. Most other languages and accents  speak either normal speed or quickly so it’s easier lol.

Sign in to follow this