Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

A better place to play

21 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
126 posts
2,770 battles

1. I watched some Flamu and it seems that there are more "special" players on NA server. Basically team quality seems to be better on EU server.

2. I looked at premium shop and everything costs a bit less on EU.

3. I tried to play some games on EU server and there is no lag--it's as good as NA.

So I have a question: why NA server? Are there people that switched to EU and have no regrets? What do I miss?

Members
18,177 posts
5,190 battles
4 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

1. I watched some Flamu and it seems that there are more "special" players on NA server. Basically team quality seems to be better on EU server.

3. I tried to play some games on EU server and there is no lag--it's as good as NA.

So I have a question: why NA server? Are there people that switched to EU and have no regrets? What do I miss?

Depends on where you live and when you can play. If your schedule allows you to play late morning until dinnertime, then you'll be on EU prime time. Otherwise, if you work/go to school and play in the evenings, you'll be playing with the EU's night owls and drunks, just like when you play here after 2am or so.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
10 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,211 battles

It would surprise me if the ping is less than 100 ms for people, although this isn’t a fast paced game I think ping is still somewhat important 

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,603 battles
10 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

The first point is just not true.  All servers have their share of potatoes.  

You'd probably end up paying a VAT on anything in the EU shop as well, due to being from NA.  

Regarding your final point, anything under 150ms ping in WoWs is easily playable.  If you have any spikes above that you might notice something odd.  This isn't a game that requires the best internet connection, just due to how the game mechanics work.  

[ARRSE]
Members
35 posts
1,020 battles

Well, my main accounts are on EU (I have accounts on all of the servers), and I'm a UK-based player. For me, its the other way around:

If you play WoT or WoWS on EU, then there is a very high probability that there will be no other native English speakers on either team. Although many northern Europeans use English easily, the overall effect is that there is usually very poor team communication. E.g. your team may be mostly Turkish, Greek, Hungarian and Polish. Sadly, teamplay itself often seems to split into separate nationalistic groups, with divisions from a particular country simply playing their own private game.

Because of all this, I actually often choose to play on NA so that I can enjoy a bit of team chat and coordination.

P.s. Transatlantic ping from EU to NA is very good. The game quality is often much better than playing EU to EU. I suspect that the reason for this is that there are fewer "hops" as the connection goes through a major transatlantic link  from Europe to US, whereas within EU internet providers have endless hops and contention on their overcrowded retail internet systems.

EU to a RU server is also far better ping than from EU to EU.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertester
3,094 posts
6,832 battles

I've got accounts on the NA, EU and RU servers.  EU is a passive server.  Very very passive.  They make NA camping look like Russian server yoloing.  

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,603 battles
Just now, Pope_Shizzle said:

I've got accounts on the NA, EU and RU servers.  EU is a passive server.  Very very passive.  They make NA camping look like Russian server yoloing.  

Cyka Blyat rush B Comrade!

rush-bii-cyka-blyat-oakenshoutube-rush-b-cyka-blyat-15165716.png

[ARRSE]
Members
35 posts
1,020 battles

Yes, RU is for when you want to play hardcore mode.

Pick a tank or warship, identify yourself as an EU/NA citizen, and see if you can survive a game without being TK'd....

Actually it was pretty crazy around the time of the Crimea invasion. As many WoT players are Ukrainian, many of the games over on RU used to dissolve into massive TK-fests. I think the racist hate language in chat wildly exceeded WG's chat ban rules, but then again there seem to be very different rules over on RU anyway!

[HYDRO]
Members
1,543 posts
3,751 battles

I'm from EU normally, that's where I used to play World of Tanks. I can't comment on the skill level of EU players since I have played very little there. I decided to start World of Warships in NA, partly due to that Murmansk Humble Bundle 3 years ago, but most importantly the toxicity.

Wanna see everyone talking in his tongue at the same time ingame, constantly using racial slurs and terminal conditions to anyone that killed them? EU is for you then. I hadn't been a victim, but after a while it gets to you. Here at least I don't have to learn a new language to understand what "Insert European nation" language I was cursed at.

Regarding ping, I'm at a stable 100-105 ms. A trade worth it imo.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

The lack of English grinds my gears on EU servers. 

Grew up believing it is normal to speak and understand English. Boy, what was I wrong... 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles
20 minutes ago, Visidious said:

It would surprise me if the ping is less than 100 ms for people, although this isn’t a fast paced game I think ping is still somewhat important 

I play from Germany and  a 100 ping is ok for this game.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

I get 35 ms ping on the NA server. I'm sticking with NA no matter how bad the community gets!

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,211 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I play from Germany and  a 100 ping is ok for this game.

100 ping from Germany on the Eu server ?

I wonder what the ping is for an NA player on the EU server(s)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,534 posts
7,533 battles
16 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I have an EU account, and play it almost everyday at 6 am Eastern...  Sometimes there is over 15k players on at that time. Way easier to get a decent MM.

In a single battle there might be 4 different languages in chat.  So, not a lot of team direction. Also, EU players seem to love to tell each other what to do by pinging the minimap.. drives me nuts.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles
34 minutes ago, Visidious said:

100 ping from Germany on the Eu server ?

I wonder what the ping is for an NA player on the EU server(s)

Nope, I play on NA.... for EU games it's usually around 20-30 depending where the servers are placed. 

[TDRB]
Members
1,072 posts
4,118 battles

I play NA & the ping is 35 except for rare occasions. I hear both good & bad about the internet service is Europe. Again, I HEAR. You know the old saying about believing half of what you see & none of what you hear.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,346 posts
9,513 battles

Time Zone does effect MM. 

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,211 battles
9 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Nope, I play on NA.... for EU games it's usually around 20-30 depending where the servers are placed. 

What do you think about NA, any reason why you play on NA ?

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
59 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

The lack of English grinds my gears on EU servers. 

Grew up believing it is normal to speak and understand English. Boy, what was I wrong... 

Most countries have at least some of the population that speaks English, it’s just a matter of whether they want to do so while playing games. 

I have played an international game where entire world gets mixed into the game servers and you find most of the players you encounter can understand and speak English, Granted might be broken English, but it’s still there. Although in that game did have some wars start up over misunderstood words that’s eventually after couple days got sorted out and massive space battle fleets got halted. Some of those wars might have spun out of control and scale to crash the game servers again, oh well that was just another day another peaceful resolution or massive  war no big deal really. :Smile_teethhappy:

Word of advice though if there are massive Chinese or Russian guilds do not annoy them unless absolutely necessary because they can end up fighting like maniacs and you can end up fighting for a year and either getting wiped out or if your side is stronger then you either have to securely  capture everything you can and burn everything else they own to the ground 100% or close to it in order to get peace agreement reached or have them surrender. Got into 1 such war and managed to skillfully settle in about a month, likely because Chinese and the Russians went at each other instead shortly after that. Worked out nicely for me, wonder how that ever happened... :cap_haloween:

Members
18,177 posts
5,190 battles
1 hour ago, Visidious said:

To be fair, 100 ping is nothing.

I never had less than that until I switched providers prior to playing this game.

Nothing changes vectors fast enough (even in an FPS) to make 100-150 ping an issue. Only difference I found was, in WoT for example, going from 100 to 35 ping, I was hitting a little farther forward on moving "broadside" tanks, until I adjusted. Once that happened, I wasn't hitting any more accurately than before.

Sign in to follow this