Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TL_Warlord_Roff

Issues with quick commands "fire on my target"

6 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,060 battles

This has been a long term thorn in my side, and I suspect others.

I love quick commands.. but only when they work right..

Target a ship with torps hit your f-3 key and you get "capture that area" not "fire on my target"

Switch to guns assuming the target is in range hit f3 again.. and you still get "capture that area.. select a different target then switch back hit f3 again and "you have issued to many quick commands"

Usually by them I've likely gotten sunk.. it just happened to me AGAIN on the test server.

Could you please please PLEASE fix this and soon?   It been this way for months.. this is not the expected behavior and all I can think of is not ones ever really paid attention to it but if your a honest to god team player you need those commands to work correctly as you expect them to gents..  If it's conflict trust an old gamer on this  "fire on my target" is a hella lot more important command in a fight then capture that area..!  ANYONE can figure out what caps need to be captured, but the more important gunnery ot torp target is sometime not obvious to the inexperienced.

the F3 quick command is the only quick command I have any issue with.. and as I drive a DD mostly these days its pretty critical in team play that it work as it needs to, when "I" need it to and it's been problematic for months.  I have no doubt what so ever this particular "feature" is why more player do NOT use the quick commands.  It's flawed.. someone forgot the number one rule of interface design in a combat game.. KISS!

One quick command button, one command.. period.. adding layers just vastly increases the chances of error.. and this error needs to be fixed! Keep it clean keep it simple and make sure unintended results do not happen.

Thank you

Warlord sends

• Cool 3

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,823 battles

I had some similar feedback from nearly a year ago. Be advised that there is a population of players who do not want to be bothered with all this "communication" because it is, apparently, annoying.

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,060 battles

I'm so aware of them.. ya know the average player of WOWS is like 42...  I'm beginning to believe that players are mostly over  50 and under 18, with the majority intimidatingly older  *grin*

There's no helping it, It's just part of the environment.    Railing about is useless when really the application of  2x4 might be the more effective solution, or, at least more satisfying at times.  At least in my opinion, but then I was a baby in my crib when the first man made satellite orbited the earth, what do I know?  I am however a avid gamer since well before it became main stream..  SO it's like not news to me.

Laters!  *happy wave*

Warlord sends

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
2 hours ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

I had some similar feedback from nearly a year ago. Be advised that there is a population of players who do not want to be bothered with all this "communication" because it is, apparently, annoying.

Agree that F commands need some work - and I would hope that if communications were more relevant and useful they'd be considered less annoying. I can hope anyway :)

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
10 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Target a ship with torps hit your f-3 key and you get "capture that area" not "fire on my target"

Switch to guns assuming the target is in range hit f3 again.. and you still get "capture that area.. select a different target then switch back hit f3 again and "you have issued to many quick commands"

Rage inducing...happens all the time...have started threads about it before to no avail. Should be easy to fix but apparently "working as intended".

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,060 battles

Yea I hear that but I suspect it's not working quite as intended.  What I do suspect it there are things they're working on that simply have to have a higher priority.

It's not that its entirely broken, it mostly works... unfortunately I think "we" need a little better then "mostly works correctly"

Sign in to follow this