You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Public Test 0.7.5 not what I expected.

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles

I'm logged in the PTS to try the new U.S cruiser tech tree as shown and described on the main website. Instead it's the same ships, same tiers with "Old" next to their names. Really? 
It seems that I have to play the new campaign for God knows how long to complete the new collection.

No thanks, I'll play my three battles, grab the flags and I'm done. no incentive to spend more time on the test server. 

• Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles

I am guessing that they want to test the changeover too. We are really on 7.5 lite at the moment and tomorrow or Monday I would expect to see the change happen so grab those US cruisers and get to the Baltimore to be ready.

[YORHA]
Members
3,319 posts

Reading is so over rated...

"Update 0.7.5 will realign the tech tree of U.S. heavy cruisers, sending flag_USA.png normal.png VI Cleveland  to Tier VIII of the light cruiser line. Try out the new ships and find out more about the rules of replacement during the Public Test. The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved."

• Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm logged in the PTS to try the new U.S cruiser tech tree as shown and described on the main website. Instead it's the same ships, same tiers with "Old" next to their names. Really? 
It seems that I have to play the new campaign for God knows how long to complete the new collection.

No thanks, I'll play my three battles, grab the flags and I'm done. no incentive to spend more time on the test server. 

Just now, JCC45 said:

"Update 0.7.5 will realign the tech tree of U.S. heavy cruisers, sending flag_USA.png normal.png VI Cleveland  to Tier VIII of the light cruiser line. Try out the new ships and find out more about the rules of replacement during the Public Test. The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved."

JCC45 is right. Round 1 ends May 21st at 0600am PST. Nothing yet on round two, but I figure some time after May 21st.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt-075/

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles
10 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

What's the point of them posting all the info and beautiful graphics about the new cruisers if they weren't releasing them in 0.75 PTS? Instead you have to put your glasses on and read the fine print.
They could have easily just held off on all the cruiser split info till 0.76 
Either way, played my 3 battles , got my flags and I don't care to play more. Can't bother grinding the new campaign for one day free prem 

• Bad 2

[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,411 battles
16 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Well, in this case reading sure does make it seem a lot less fun than people thought it'd be.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

What's the point of them posting all the info and beautiful graphics about the new cruisers if they weren't releasing them in 0.75 PTS? Instead you have to put your glasses on and read the fine print.
They could have easily just held off on all the cruiser split info till 0.76 
Either way, played my 3 battles , got my flags and I don't care to play more. Can't bother grinding the new campaign for one day free prem 

Just now, galspanic said:

Well, in this case reading sure does make it seem a lot less fun than people thought it'd be.

I'm sure they want people to grind the US cruisers, so that they can see how the compensation package works for Round 2 when the ships are moved on the PT server.

The US cruiser split is spread over two updates so that it becomes an event like the French BB event. There will be American containers to collect to make US ships have multi-color camo and be able to fly two flags. The permanent Halsey campaign is coming out. There will be missions to earn US premium ships, which will most likely be similar to the French BB missions. There will be an Indianapolis campaign as well. So, lots going on for May, June and July.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,319 posts
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

Fine print?

Here. These should help.

glasses%252520bugeye_thumb.jpg?imgmax=80

And because yours haven't arrived yet maybe I can be of some help.

SOME OF THEM WILL BE IN PTS 7.5, PART 2

Edited by JCC45

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,380 battles
39 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Ah!  The sentence involves the layout of the PT!  I've read it half dozen time, wrote a message asking what it means, and now it finally makes sense.  Ding!

Okay, maybe reading is OP and my brain isn't...

[WOLF6]
Members
674 posts
3,812 battles
39 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

If you grind the campaign you don't get premium, you get 5 sets of the dragon flags.

If you complete the collection you get 24hr premium.

I didn't think I wanted to attempt to complete the collection, but for every win you get 5 containers, so I've already got 15 items of the 48 items in the collection. (4 games / 3 wins)

Got up to the Tier 8 to start working on the campaign which is relatively easy for the first stage.

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles
37 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm sure they want people to grind the US cruisers, so that they can see how the compensation package works for Round 2 when the ships are moved on the PT server.

The US cruiser split is spread over two updates so that it becomes an event like the French BB event. There will be American containers to collect to make US ships have multi-color camo and be able to fly two flags. The permanent Halsey campaign is coming out. There will be missions to earn US premium ships, which will most likely be similar to the French BB missions. There will be an Indianapolis campaign as well. So, lots going on for May, June and July.

So we can win U.S premium ships? Is there any info or links about that?  Sounds good to me.

[TARFU]
Members
879 posts
5,915 battles

they were mega embarssed by the FPS bug so they're overtesting now to be safe

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
46 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So we can win U.S premium ships? Is there any info or links about that?  Sounds good to me.

No real details yet on how often you get them, how hard or what you get if you have one already.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt-075/#jump

The part about the American Containers is after the bit about the ships moving.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[TDRB]
Members
1,072 posts
4,118 battles

I'm a little disappointed too but then I need all the practice I can get to improve and the PTS stats don't count against me.

[WOLF6]
Members
674 posts
3,812 battles

Every battle is all Des Moines and Baltimores with a single Montana or two - no DDs and maybe an Essex/Midway...

After 5 battles, I've already collected 21 items of 48 in the collection with 9 duplicates.   Finishing stage 1 will get me 16 more containers and 16 more collection items.

Edited by wtfovr

[YORHA]
Members
3,319 posts
Just now, wtfovr said:

Every battle is all Des Moines and Baltimores with a single Montana or two - no DDs and maybe an Essex/Midway...

After 5 battles, I've already collected 21 items of 48 in the collection with 9 duplicates.   Finishing stage 1 will get me 16 more containers and 16 more collection items.

But all of this is only on the PTS.   None of it carries over to the live server so anyone expecting (ie not reading the notes) to get premium ships on the live server for completing anything on the PTS is in for another disappointment (except for regular flags, special flags and 1 day of premium).