You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheCricketMan

Ranked Tier 10

39 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
960 battles

Well I barely scraped together enough to get a tier 8 ship so I could play ranked....  now I cant play anymore ranked because I have no tier 10 ships.  

What is fastest/ most direct route to tier 10?  I am open to DD, BB, CA, CV.  Seems like it will take forever to get to tier 10.  Can the tier 10 ships be rented?  Stolen? purchased?  won in super containers?

Beta Testers
1,837 posts
10,762 battles

Honestly. If you only just got a T8 ship for the ranked, don't bother. Even if you get a T10 ship today, you will probably never get out of R10 for the lack of experience in high tiers (in your case, the game in general).

R10 is filled with players with more than 400 battles in this season alone and can't get out of it. The chance of you being carried out of it is slim.

Harsh. I know. But it's the reality.

• Cool 2

Members
30 posts
960 battles
4 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Honestly. If you only just got a T8 ship for the ranked, don't bother. Even if you get a T10 ship today, you will probably never get out of R10 for the lack of experience in high tiers (in your case, the game in general).

R10 is filled with players with more than 400 battles in this season alone and can't get out of it. The chance of you being carried out of it is slim.

Harsh. I know. But it's the reality.

Is their an answer to my question somewhere in there?? lol

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles

I say you reached ranked 10, you won. IF you continue  you will be broke and you can;t continue anyways. I recommend you grind out a tier X ship just in case ranked is tier X next time. Other then that, I say good job not many even make it to Ranked 10. Tier X is a unique fighting experiance if you haven;t been there before, it does take time getting use to with certain ships. I don;t recommend going any higher, the rewards are not worth going broke :). Cheers!

Members
18,245 posts
5,219 battles
5 minutes ago, TheCricketMan said:

If you've got lots of money, buy bonus XP camo and signals, pimp out your Texas, and grind the crap out of it, paying to convert XP. Don't upgrade your T8, or the T9 you get, unless that upgrade is needed to unlock the next ship. (obviously you'll have to unlock the hull upgrades)

If you don't want to spend money, put the best flags and camo you have on your T8, and play the crap out of it. Don't upgrade any modules unless you have to, or you feel they'll make a big difference to gameplay.

Those are your choices, good luck lol!

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,807 battles
23 minutes ago, TheCricketMan said:

What is fastest/ most direct route to tier 10?  I am open to DD, BB, CA, CV.  Seems like it will take forever to get to tier 10.  Can the tier 10 ships be rented?  Stolen? purchased?  won in super containers?

Can't be rented. Can't be stolen. Can't be purchased. Can't be won in super containers.

The suggestions that @chewonit made is right on the mark. Play in tier 5-7 does not equip a person for tier 8-10. The ships all punch too hard and aren't forgiving. My best suggestion is to join a clan and get suggestions from seasoned players. There is nothing worse than rushing to a T10 ship only to find out that you hate its play style.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles
8 minutes ago, TheCricketMan said:

K since you are so polite to other people my help: dumb 230k free XP plus the XP you need to unlock a T9 from the T8 you have the most XP on. Voila, your T10. This is the fastest way, takes a few clicks. If you don’t have that much free XP? Check if you have unused 230k ship XP and buy gold to turn them into free XP. Second fastest way, just a few more clicks more.

[D12]
[D12]
3,083 posts
8,969 battles

The answer to your question is Free XP.  Just because he new to Tier X doesn't mean he can't play the ropes and climb out of it.  

Screw the other remarks OP.   I say if you can do it. EXP to tier 10 in the class you are comfortable in and give it a shot.  Make the mistakes and learn.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
8 minutes ago, TheCricketMan said:

Umm no. You're not going tobe able to get a tier ten this rabked battle.... and please... dont play it till you get more experience. As te other person said if you just got to t8... you're not ready for tier ten. The difference is overwhelming. Ships in tier ten are the finished version if the line and are able to punish mistakes a lot easier.

the fastest route to tier 10 would grind whatever ship is the highest in you're port but... yeh thats not going to happen.

(Rental) tier ten ships are only available through Clan battles at which can only be played in CB. 

Super containers only drop Premium ships of tier 2-8. (Except for konig A, arkansas, fujin, iwaki, kami R, kami, Nikolai, Belfast, Kutuzov, ST Alabama)

no..... tier ten ships cannot be stolen..... wth

yeh tier ten ships can be technically purchesed if you go and covert existing ship xp to fxp then free xp'ing the entire line. However that costs 200/300$ and you dont nearly uave enough battles for that.

again... not worth it

Members
30 posts
960 battles

I feel like I am a tier 1 player...  I just need a tier 10 ship to proceed.  I don't hate any type of play style.  I change my play style to get the most out of the ship.  I just try to take what all the ship has to offer and make the most out of it.  I already went from tier 23 to tier 10...  mostly by punishing mistakes and minimizing my own.  And yes I am as broke as a dead dogs d**k.....   

A tier 10 ship will only give me the ability to punish the non believers even more!  I am the boogeyman at night!

Edited by TheCricketMan

[D12]
[D12]
3,083 posts
8,969 battles
1 minute ago, TheCricketMan said:

I feel like I am a tier 1 player...  I just need a tier 10 ship to proceed.  I don't hate any type of play style.  I change my play style to get the most out of the ship.  I just try to take what all the ship has to offer and make the most out of it.  And yes I am as broke as a dead dogs d**k.....   

Then congrats on getting er Rank 10.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
3 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

The answer to your question is Free XP.  Just because he new to Tier X doesn't mean he can't play the ropes and climb out of it.  

Screw the other remarks OP.   I say if you can do it. Rank to tier 10 in the class you are comfortable in give it a shot.  Make the mistakes and learn.

Yes he **could** do it. But theres 20 days left. Even with premium, an tirpitz, camo and signals it would still take upwards of 100 battles just to get the silver and xp needed. And thats someone thats good... at his play level probably looking more around 250-400 battle mark

[D12]
[D12]
3,083 posts
8,969 battles
1 minute ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Yes he **could** do it. But theres 20 days left. Even with premium, an tirpitz, camo and signals it would still take upwards of 100 battles just to get the silver and xp needed. And thats someone thats good... at his play level probably looking more around 250-400 battle mark

He will have to buy it.

Members
30 posts
960 battles
9 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

K since you are so polite to other people my help: dumb 230k free XP plus the XP you need to unlock a T9 from the T8 you have the most XP on. Voila, your T10. This is the fastest way, takes a few clicks. If you don’t have that much free XP? Check if you have unused 230k ship XP and buy gold to turn them into free XP. Second fastest way, just a few more clicks more.

ok Thanks...  at least I understand what needs to happen/ what I need to do.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
3 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

He will have to buy it.

Still..... lol... there simply just isnt time left for s/he to get the 52. 

With avg xp of 762 i think it was and you would need 230ish+190ish+30,000ish so say 450,000ish xp?

Even rocking 1,000 avg xp in derpitz thats 450 battles. Now with premium and camo, they might get 3ish thousand xp per battle. Thats still 150 battles of (good) battles for cricket in a ship they never played before.

now if each battle lasted 15min and cricket played for say idk 3hours a day then that would be 12ish battles. Which would take 13 days to complete of good battles that they won. Realisticly it would be around 16-17 days. Ranked ends in 20 or less days 

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,017 battles
38 minutes ago, TheCricketMan said:

Well I barely scraped together enough to get a tier 8 ship so I could play ranked....  now I cant play anymore ranked because I have no tier 10 ships.  

Congrats on getting to rank 10. To answer your question... if you have a fully upgraded Z-23 and research the Z-46 right now, you will need to earn 279,000 XP to get to tier 10. If you have that much elite XP sitting around you can use ~11k doubloons to get enough free XP to unlock the Z-52. That is really the only way you can get to tier 10 this ranked season. In general DD’s are the cheapest tier 10’s. Even if you do manage to get all the XP needed by using doubloons, I doubt you have 19,500,000 credits sitting around so you’d have to buy those as well. I would say you could spend $100 and get to tier 10. 

I would not recommend this because 1) It is expensive and a waste of money (if you’re spending that much might as well be on a premium ship or time) 2) You will most likely not have a captain with more than 13-14 points. 3) Tier 8 to tier 10 is a big difference especially when it comes to DD play. You probably won’t be used to the radars. 

It’s your money and your time so do what you want, just be aware you are more likely to get extremely frustrated in tier 10 ranked and feel like you wasted time/money. Good luck nonetheless.

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,740 battles

if all you got is a Tier 8 ship, you are going to have to spent at least 15~25K doubloons (anywhere from $50~$100) to freexp to Teir 10, unless you have millions of credits along with premium acct and also use the permanent camo (cost 5000 doubloon) you are going to lose a boat load of credits playing Tier 10, be it in Ranked or in Random. 

Tier 10 game ain't cheap, you have to do load of damage and contribute a lot to the team to make any profit.  Since you have never played any Tier 10 game, please try to stay away from Rank 10 to 2, the way it is now it is infested with inexperience tier 10 players, they are the liability and the reason why some people are getting stuck in the cycle loop of 5-6-5-6-5-6-5-6-5-6.......one man army ain't gonna fly in First/Premiere league.

Edited by Xcalib3r

Members
30 posts
960 battles

I wasted all my free xp to get a tier 8 ship....  I skipped the tier 7 german destroyer.  Oh well, at least I was able to go from tier 23 to tier 10.  Being new, I was able to be open minded to changing tactics and not locked into doing certain things.  I noticed a lot of players with 10,000 battles or whatever develop a lot of lazy habits and 10,000 battles only serves to reinforce those tendencies.  I see same dumb mistakes over and over and over from experienced players. Kind of like if you have a bad golf swing... going to the range and grooving that bad swing is not a good thing.  

I know I will get schooled in higher tiers....  but I will quickly learn from it and become the one doing the schooling.  Most of my success has come from simply understanding what someone did to me and being able to employ that tactic.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,017 battles
4 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Still..... lol... there simply just isnt time left for s/he to get the 52. 

With avg xp of 762 i think it was and you would need 230ish+190ish+30,000ish so say 450,000ish xp?

Even rocking 1,000 avg xp in derpitz thats 450 battles. Now with premium and camo, they might get 3ish thousand xp per battle. Thats still 150 battles of (good) battles for cricket in a ship they never played before.

now if each battle lasted 15min and cricket played for say idk 3hours a day then that would be 12ish battles. Which would take 13 days to complete of good battles that they won. Realisticly it would be around 16-17 days. Ranked ends in 20 or less days 

Well I’d assume he is most of the way there on the Z-23 and with that many battles in the Texas he would have a good bit of Elite XP.

He just posted. Nevermind

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles
1 hour ago, TheCricketMan said:

Fastest way to 10 for you is to play the slats out of your Z23 and get to the Z46. Then play the slats out of your Z46 and do not upgrade any modules other than the hull. Do not use any fxp until you have enough to get to the Z52. Then you get to the Z52 and access to t10.

I'll echo what others say and suggest you will be outmatched most of the time in t10 with the number of battles you have, but if you want to have a go, I do guarantee you that you will not be the worst player playing in that bracket. However, unless you have the resources for credit camos or premium time, you will fast run out of credits, both on the Z46 grind and while playing ranked at t10. And if you are credit broke now, you won't be purchasing the Z46 or Z52 for a very long time. The best way to get credits is play the slats out of your Texas.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do. I like your attitude, prove us wrong, man!

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

The challenge I found when I tried to jump into Tier 10 early is that mistakes are severely punished. In lower tiers you can often get out of a mistake heavilt famged. In T10, it is eady to be vaporized. T10 ships hit hard and teload fast.

If money is not an issue, pick the T10 you want (preferably the one you are closedt to). Then, add up the xp and silver cost, including modules, to get it. You dpn't need to purchase intermediate ships, just research them. Look at your elite xp available under the Free XP button and see if you have enough available to convert. If you do, then buy enough doubloons to convert it at 1 doubloon = 25 XP (don't forget the port slot and Captain trsining costs). Then get enough doubloons to convert the silver you need.

If you do this please take the shop out in PvE some first to at least how to drive and fight the ship.

This is HIGHLY advised against.  You will most likely end up with an expensive port queen like I and many others have that has to sit until you build up your skills.

Remember, there will be other ranked seadons seasons...

Good luck!

Members
30 posts
960 battles

ok well after hearing all the advice I am going to just wait until next ranked season....  in the mean time I will work on replenishing my xp and credits.  What is the best ships to do this with?  What tier and what type?  I have a tier 5 BB Texas...   but I am willing to buy a premium ship if it is better.  Just need to know what would be a good one for building up free xp and credits.  

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles

To answer the question.  The only way to get a T10 ship this late in the game is to either become a complete crack addict playing your T8 then T9 ship constantly nonstop for the next week.

Or...

Dollar Bills GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Farm out the cash and convert elite and premium ship XP to free XP and buy credits to quickly jump to T9 then T10.

If you go either route, play the line you are best at and do at least a dozen or two random battles in your new ship before bringing it into ranked.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,729 posts
15,376 battles

If you want to do this...

1.  Purchase doubloons.

2.  Use doubloons to convert XP to Free XP.

3.  Free XP past T8/9 ship.

4.  Purchase T10 ship.

5.  If you have less than 10 million credits after purchasing the T10 ship and all upgrades - Purchase permanent camo for this T10 ship (requires doubloons).  

Then go play :).

Edited by Lord_Zath