You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

One more question about the USN cruiser split

8 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,196 posts
18,949 battles

While there was some information about what happen with the ships and commanders there is still one question not answered:

What happen to the gun upgrades you researched for the ships?

A look into the extended techtree shows that you don't need to research the main battery upgrades anymore.

When they removed the A hulls of the IJN BB the XP you needed for the B hull was added to the ship XP. That left many players angry since they used free XP to skip them.

When they removed the different setups from the USN CV this XP was turned into free XP and the players were happy.

Also what happen to the credits we paid for the modules? Ok, I'm not care about that since I'm sit on 220mio but there are many people on a small credits budget.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,020 posts
9,113 battles
11 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

While there was some information about what happen with the ships and commanders there is still one question not answered:

A look into the extended techtree shows that you don't need to research the main battery upgrades anymore.

When they removed the A hulls of the IJN BB the XP you needed for the B hull was added to the ship XP. That left many players angry since they used free XP to skip them.

When they removed the different setups from the USN CV this XP was turned into free XP and the players were happy.

Also what happen to the credits we paid for the modules? Ok, I'm not care about that since I'm sit on 220mio but there are many people on a small credits budget.

All will be answered in the patch announcement. Everything you hear now is based on conjecture and past splits.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,087 battles
32 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I don’t think they have said exactly that case but from my understanding it seems like you are compensated for whatever you have. If you have researched all modules, they will all be researched after the change. If you have all purchased, they will be “duplicated” in the change. This is just what the post the other day made me think will happen.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

This is the latest info out there, but it pertains to respec.

Id keep an eye out since a mod is replying, but other than that, we don't know.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,426 posts
9,614 battles

I actually USE the two different weapons setup in the Cleveland and New Orleans.

One for faster turrets, one for faster reloads.  I can currently make that switch for free without doing the Upgrade swap.

So what?  No dual gun selections?  At least they are leaving the Mogami alone.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
52 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I actually USE the two different weapons setup in the Cleveland and New Orleans.

One for faster turrets, one for faster reloads.  I can currently make that switch for free without doing the Upgrade swap.

So what?  No dual gun selections?  At least they are leaving the Mogami alone.

The Mogami will likely end up in two trees when they do the CL/CA split for the Japanese.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,459 posts
4,321 battles
30 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The Mogami will likely end up in two trees when they do the CL/CA split for the Japanese.

Fortunately there are four ships in the class, so there will be no name confusion. My guess is Mogami will keep the light armament, Mikuma will be given the heavy.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Fortunately there are four ships in the class, so there will be no name confusion. My guess is Mogami will keep the light armament, Mikuma will be given the heavy.

There is that but they would be in different tiers.