You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dresla

Premium Ship Suggestion

6 comments in this topic

[OIL-1]
Members
22 posts
4,240 battles

Quick idea for a new, tier 3 or 4 premium ship for the US Navy cruiser line:  USS Olympia.   She was laid down in 1891 and wasn't struck from the naval registry until 1957.  She's currently a museum ship at Independence Port here in Philadelphia, PA and she has a lot of history.  She was Admiral Dewey's flagship during the Spanish American War and she also brought home the Unknown Soldier from World War 1 home to the US in 1921. Thus far y'all have added many Russian cruisers with great history to the game a that tier range, as well as Japan and Germany, yet only the USS Albany (tier 2) to the USA (though I could have missed previous ones due to my being an over-the-road truck driver since retiring from the US Navy).  At any rate, it's just a thought that I would like to see one day.

USS_Olympia_2.jpg

Edited by Dresla
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SPTR]
Members
25,813 posts
11,125 battles

Would be a nice tier 3 prem that WG could gift to us all on Christmas, New Year or their next anniversary. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
30 minutes ago, Dresla said:

Quick idea for a new, tier 3 or 4 premium ship for the US Navy cruiser line:  USS Olympia.

I have been pushing for this ship for a while so it is a yes for me. I visited her in Philly while my first USN ship was in the Sun Shipyards for overhaul. I have followed her ever since.

I would like to see it done like Wargaming did for the USS Texas where some of the money would go to help the real ship.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,079 battles

I have asked for this ship many times as well

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,071 battles

I think it's about time for WG to make it happen ! ! !

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,684 posts
9,083 battles

I would love to see her but what version is the question. I would say tier 2 if she is in her pre WWI build and tier 3 for the 1917 build with all 5" 51's.

• Cool 1