Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NorthernStrangler

Ranked Matching

4 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
9,744 battles

Always played ranked since I downloaded this.  Now its the 9th Season. Have had a lot of success that led me to Rank 4. Since Its dropped away. I've noticed I'm consistently ranked with poor players now who don't play well, game after game... and before I had up too rank 4.. Really solid teammates.. 

So my problem is, it seems you're allowed to succeed until Match Making puts you with the crumbs, I have placed first a few times on the losing team to avoid the star lose, however you'd cant be first on every bad team... so you just creep back and back loss after loss and now I'm approaching rank 6 and there's nothing I can do about it. 

The Second item, is the teammates. Every time I die in a Des Moines I hear a resounding "you've lost it", or "way to cost us".  Its amazing.. Without fail everyone blames the guy in the Des Moines for throwing the game.... 

I don't know if anyone else has experienced these dilemmas, but I really resent War Gaming's match maker... I personally think this is a purposeful thing. 

[MIA-A]
Members
2,114 posts
6,757 battles

What's your ranked winrate? How many games have you played? 

I find nearly everyone who writes posts like yours are below 50% winrates. I'm hoping I'm wrong here.

edit: the reason I'm asking is because if you are consistently winning games, the answer to "dealing with" this criticism is easy. It's different advice if you are not actually helping your team win on average.

Edited by enderland07

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am stuck at R13 and don't expect to progress any further. It is me not the other players. I do believe it is a skill wall. You have made it to  4 and maybe that is your Skill Wall and not the other players. I could be wrong and maybe you are a great player the RNG is fickle sometimes but all said and done I could be right. 

[MIA-A]
Members
11 posts
5,771 battles

I just ranked out with a 49% win rate....I feel your pain. 2-3 ships dead in the first 3-4 minutes and you are left farming damage just to save a star. Once it ends, you find all rank 5's on your team, storm league and below while the other team has ranks 2-4 and 3 Hurricane players.

Really sucks and made me curse the game many a time. Only thing that saved me was when I went on a skid (2 wins to 10 losses one day) I'd switch from Cruiser to Battleship, or back. Maybe it was a mental thing, but it seemed to at least improve my teams temporarily.

I've long suspected though that they team higher damage players with the lower damage ones, so if you get on the higher end of the damage spectrum, I'm sorry, it will be a rough ride.

The saved star was literally the only thing that let me get to 1 with the 49% win rate......maybe for future seasons award 1st on losing team a star, and #2 gets no star lost?

Sign in to follow this