You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArcDeath

U.S. Cruiser Split

17 comments in this topic

[LGBTQ]
Members
270 posts

Should I wait until the US CA split to buy a CA or should I do it now. If I do it now will the changes carry over to my purchase after the split?

TKS!

[O_O]
Members
4,407 posts
9,539 battles

What CA are you talking about buying?  Your question is confusing...

By the way, try searching and reading any of the 79 recent threads on the USN cruiser split.  I'm betting all of your questions will be answered! :Smile_great:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Get the ship now, then when the line splits you'll have that ship AND its replacement.

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
18 minutes ago, ArcDeath said:

Should I wait until the US CA split to buy a CA or should I do it now. If I do it now will the changes carry over to my purchase after the split?

TKS!

Here is the compensation for the split. Basically, having the Cleveland to Baltimore nets you ships and credits. Update 7.5 starts testing tomorrow, May 17th, so you have a week or so before the US CA split. To benefit you have to have the ships before the split.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
1 minute ago, francesabyss said:

Look at the japanese disaster.

Enough said.

More and more tomfoolery.

When you say disaster, do you mean you  don't like how the ships turned out after the change, or that you feel like you got cheated out of credits etc?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
23 minutes ago, ArcDeath said:

TKS!

Buy now.

Best case, you get 2 ships you like for the price of one. Worst case, you get 1 ship you need to grind in order to go up the tech tree and 1 free ship that you can sell for credits.

• Cool 1

Members
182 posts
728 battles
Just now, Captain_Dorja said:

When you say disaster, do you mean you  don't like how the ships turned out after the change, or that you feel like you got cheated out of credits etc?

Im too tired after work for any more wg game breaking fiddling.

Look at the graf zeppelin and cv mess.

The japanese split was hated hugely.

I couldnt care about the usa split leave as is working as intended.

Whats going on with my expensive indianapolis ship?

Look at detection and smoke all broken also radar and ap all broken.

He all broken.

Look at detect range of 6 km and still get detected from spawn for the entire game all broken.

• Boring 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
35 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Citation needed? Was there was an uproar around the IJN DD split, well, moreso than usual anyway?

Um, nothing. Nothing is happening to your Indianapolis. Nowhere has it been mentioned that they intend to do anything with premium cruisers for the split aside from maybe bringing them back to the shop and adding the Boise to go with them.

Members
879 posts
9,086 battles
40 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Im too tired after work for any more wg game breaking fiddling.

Look at the graf zeppelin and cv mess.

I couldnt care about the usa split leave as is working as intended.

He all broken.

Look at detect range of 6 km and still get detected from spawn for the entire game all broken.

Too funny.  The game will always evolve, if you don't like it I guess you have a decision to make.   Btw, all splits to date have been nothing but positive and USN looks to be shaping up good too.

Edited by WhiteRecon

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,895 battles
48 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Here is the compensation for the split. Basically, having the Cleveland to Baltimore nets you ships and credits. Update 7.5 starts testing tomorrow, May 17th, so you have a week or so before the US CA split. To benefit you have to have the ships before the split.

Two weeks,there will be two PTS rounds.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
59 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

I, personally, didn't like how some of them got treated ( cough ... Fubuki ... cough ) but I don't think WoW cheated anyone out of anything during the split. I was more than satisfied with the split outcome, just as I was when the Russian line split; other than, like I said, certain ships losing more abilities than I thought they should have. Unfortunately all this happened at a time when there were a lot of other changes happening, and I'm sure some changes from one got mixed up with the others.

• Cool 1

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Citation needed? Was there was an uproar around the IJN DD split, well, moreso than usual anyway?

Um, nothing. Nothing is happening to your Indianapolis. Nowhere has it been mentioned that they intend to do anything with premium cruisers for the split aside from maybe bringing them back to the shop and adding the Boise to go with them.

I think Boise has a high likelihood of being an Argentine premium, instead of a USN premium.

I'm okay with that though because I'd like to see USS Honolulu as a premium CL for the new split line.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,787 posts
9,818 battles
1 hour ago, francesabyss said:

He all broken.

can you elaborate more on these "broken" ???? give some example if you can

[TDRB]
Members
1,085 posts
4,161 battles

I bought the New Orleans. If what most are saying I will come out ahead on this.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
560 posts
3,639 battles

After reading many of the "Cruise Split and how to profit from it" posts, I worked the line and got the Cleveland and the Pensacola.  Too far from the NO to get it in time.  I should receive the T8 Cleveland, the T6 Pensacola and the T7 New Orleans.  I think.

So to answer your post, do try to get at least what I have so you can get a free ship.  Looking at this as a tier for tier trade, you get a free tier 8 ship.  :cap_like:

Regards

CS

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles

You got a couple weeks still to work on NO.