Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bigbearbeear

Is difficulty for operations tuned down now?

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
285 posts
5,284 battles

Been playing the current operation of the week, Aegis, and it seems to be at the same difficulty level as before they buffed the other operations.  Getting 5 stars seems easier now compared to the previous nightmare of Ultimate Frontier.

Anyone else noticed this?

Edited by bigbearbeear

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles

Yep.  As far as I can tell, there was a general bot buff that didn't change much, AND a major buff applied only to UF that makes it darn near unplayable.

None of the other Ops seems to have been affected. 

Farm Aegis.  UF is up next time around on the guitar.

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
302 posts
9,887 battles

The only thing I noticed that was different is that all three carriers launch at the same time now. If I recall correctly, the older version had us dealing with the first two northern carriers and after we killed them the third one spawned to the east. I could be wrong though; I often am. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,694 posts
3,833 battles
16 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

The only thing I noticed that was different is that all three carriers launch at the same time now. If I recall correctly, the older version had us dealing with the first two northern carriers and after we killed them the third one spawned to the east. I could be wrong though; I often am. 

All three do spawn in about the same time it's just that the one in the east is farther away and so its planes won't appear until a bit later when it comes in viewing range.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

Ops will feel easier if we get practiced in doing them and other players do so as well.

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ops will feel easier if we get practiced in doing them and other players do so as well.

And when a bunch of us graduate to Op-wise, super-sized potatoes worthy of being served as sgide dishes at Texas Roadhouse; MM will invariably pair us with an entire basketful of New Potatoes, and the disaster which results will cause saltiness which puts the Dead Sea to shame...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
9,997 posts

What they did was upscale the bots AI and shooting ability, but they clearly had a much larger increase for higher tier bots.

The low tier bots you see in tier 6 scenarios simply weren't that good to begin with, they shoot a bit better, but that's about it. A good shooting team will slaughter them too quickly for much difference to be felt.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

And when a bunch of us graduate to Op-wise, super-sized potatoes worthy of being served as sgide dishes at Texas Roadhouse; MM will invariably pair us with an entire basketful of New Potatoes, and the disaster which results will cause saltiness which puts the Dead Sea to shame...

Not  necessarily, it’s just like playing Super Mario or so egging where when your new to it you can think man this level is hard. Later once  you know all the enemy spawn points and what you are supposed to do then you think ok not too bad at all.

Same kind of thing happening with the Ops, enough of us now know what to do and if we communicate some and take out the critical ships that are most troublesome then you get past the Ops.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

What they did was upscale the bots AI and shooting ability, but they clearly had a much larger increase for higher tier bots.

The low tier bots you see in tier 6 scenarios simply weren't that good to begin with, they shoot a bit better, but that's about it. A good shooting team will slaughter them too quickly for much difference to be felt.

Yeah the Defense Of Newport, those initial 4 bot CLs I slaughter all 4 of them on my own after citadeling them 12 times with my Cruiser AP lol.  Sure they lit me on fire and spammed Torps at me, but let’s face it, in what battle mode do they not do this? The one thing that has c,aught me off guard and not sure if bots used this vegire is some of the bot ships and in some Ops the Bot Forts can shoot AP shells capable of Citadeling CAs and possibly BBs. Don’t think I have seen any instant deletions from full HP, but man did that stuff sting my cruisers good on some occasions.

Sign in to follow this