You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

so, are american cruisers coming in 7.5?

7 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
820 posts
6,188 battles

the PTS announcement is mighty confusing. Will they or will they not release the worcester in 7.5?

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
2 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

the PTS announcement is mighty confusing. Will they or will they not release the worcester in 7.5?

The Cleveland will move to T8 CL by itself.

Pensacola through Baltimore will drop a tier and Buffalo will be added.

Update 7.6 will drop the other US CLs.

[TDG]
Beta Testers
13 posts
1,146 battles

It looked pretty clear to me. It certainly will not be in 7.5 test. It would be "soon".

Given that the graphic they posted the other day had a slider between 7.4 and 7.5/7.6, it sounds like they will be in 7.6. Maybe they will sneak in in a micropatch before, but I certainly would not count on it.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles
29 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

I feel you.  I've asked that question in the Feedback thread because the News is so .. ambiguously .. written.

Fortunately, this thread points to the one that discusses the real details.

To answer more directly, "No. No new CLs will be introduced with 0.7.5."

Edited by iDuckman

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
225 posts
8,138 battles

From what I read in the announcement, the US cruiser split will be split into 2 patches:

7.5 will bring the re-tier heavy cruiser(CA) line, along with re-tier Cleveland. 

7.6 will bring the new rest of the light cruiser (CL) line, ending in T10 Worchester

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles

Looks like the CA line will move around, Buffalo will end up at CA Tier IX, and Cleveland will move to T8, but the rest of the CLs don't look like they'll be in 7.5.

Edited by mavfin87

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

What is confusing about this? They clearly state that...

Update 0.7.5 will realign the tech tree of U.S. heavy cruisers, sending  VI Cleveland  to Tier VIII of the light cruiser line. Try out the new ships and find out more about the rules of replacement during the Public Test. The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved.

The original / current tree doesn't have the Worchester so it's not part this first round.

There's even a picture of the tech tree - no Worchester or other light CLs other than the new Cleveland at T8.