Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bomkata

destroy differences

13 comments in this topic

[PFBS]
Members
5 posts
1,693 battles

hi i have been looking around for an updated listing of pros and cons of each nations destroyers so i know what line to go down. right now im T4 on the panasian dd line but feel like its missing something. i enjoy sniping ships with my torps but also want the guns to handle something that comes my way.

Beta Testers
1,042 posts
13,820 battles
4 minutes ago, bomkata said:

hi i have been looking around for an updated listing of pros and cons of each nations destroyers so i know what line to go down. right now im T4 on the panasian dd line but feel like its missing something. i enjoy sniping ships with my torps but also want the guns to handle something that comes my way.

Here you go! WoWs Wiki

[FML]
Members
1,744 posts
10,099 battles
8 minutes ago, bomkata said:

The pan Asian DDs are a great line to start out in if you are oooking for a sample of other nations’ DDs. It has American, soviet, British (others?) so if you like a particular PADD then you’ll enjoy the main DD line of that nation. 

Personally, I enjoyed the American DD line as they are excellent cap contesters.

But based on what you have said, you might like the German DD line as they have good torps and high alpha (but generally low DPS) guns. But they aren’t very stealthy (definitely not IJN) but once you get sonar (Tier5?) you can flush out camping DDs from their smoke, which is always enjoyable. 

Good luck!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles
15 minutes ago, bomkata said:

You miss the fun killing other DD's with torps. The later PA DD are good gunboats too.

Also: KM DD. Good gunboats, ok torpedos (good range, good reload, low damage), they get hydro later on.

If you can do without Torpedos and sailing stealthy: VMF DD. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
42 minutes ago, bomkata said:

I'm T4 on the panasian dd line but feel like its missing something

Torps which can damage DDs?

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,718 posts
4,737 battles

Super Simplified DD Breakdown.

US Navy:  You are a gunboat who also happens to have some torpedos

Japanese Navy: You are a Torpedoboat, who also happens to have some guns. 

Pan Asia: You're a gunboat who can make a Cruiser, BB's and Carriers have to play cautiously

Russian: Ha, Cruiser without a citadel.

Germany: Jack of all trades, now with added hydro search in upper tiers. 

Again, super simplified.  You've got outliers like the Ognevoi Russian Torpedoboat and Akizuki Japanese Gunboat for instance.  But given your criteria, I'd hazard a guess to say you might want to try the German DD line.  But, take it with a grain of salt.  With the health pool of destroyers it's not advisable to slug it out with anything much bigger than a DD without island cover/smoke support.  You just don't have the longevity to do it.  But the Germans do offer a pretty decent mix of torps and guns

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,020 posts
3,512 battles
6 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Russian: Ha, Cruiser without a citadel.

It's funny cause its true... kind of. Their health pool doesn't match nor does their armor, but still.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles
4 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

It's funny cause its true... kind of. Their health pool doesn't match nor does their armor, but still.

Khabarovsk has better armor than Minotaur, but for most of the line you're right.

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,020 posts
3,512 battles
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Khabarovsk has better armor than Minotaur, but for most of the line you're right.

Did not know that about the Khab.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

Don't quit at tier 4. Go up to tier 8 where you get that 5th upgrade slot. The concealment really helps all DDs (except Russian DDs).

Edited by Rpkscout1

[PFBS]
Members
5 posts
1,693 battles

thanks for all the feedback guys I think I might stick to the panAsians and also work on German line. anyone know what captain skills I should aim for on both the pan and German lines?

Beta Testers
1,042 posts
13,820 battles
2 hours ago, bomkata said:

thanks for all the feedback guys I think I might stick to the panAsians and also work on German line. anyone know what captain skills I should aim for on both the pan and German lines?

The link I provided above has all the info you want including pros, cons, recommended capt builds and modules. 

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,672 battles

high tier

4 hours ago, vonKaiser said:

US Navy:  You are a gunboat who also happens to have some torpedos

you have best torp in game, and you also happen to have guns that are somewhat useful only at extremely close ranges

Japanese Navy: You are a Torpedoboat, who also happens to have some guns. 

you are torp boat, but somehow your torps are inferior to USN ones

Pan Asia: You're a gunboat who can make a Cruiser, BB's and Carriers have to play cautiously

USN copy-paste with tweaked torps that cannot hit DDs, but are a lot more lethal against all other ships

Sign in to follow this