Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PandaPawPaw

Nice to see punishment for critical errors

19 comments in this topic

[TST]
Members
10 posts
2,336 battles

gotta love getting a critical error and having to reboot PC completely (yes my PC is old get over it), and then getting a penalty.... Thanks WG!

shot-18.05.16_16.16.54-0843.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[APOC-]
[APOC-]
Members
69 posts
3,579 battles

Sorry to say it but that's working as intended.

• Boring 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,298 battles

It's only going Orange that it becomes a real problem. WG finally did something about the afk/early quit issue, and we're just glad they did something.

Besides, play a few battles well, co-op or random or ranked and the pink's gone. Not a big deal.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
20 minutes ago, Reymu said:

It's only going Orange that it becomes a real problem. WG finally did something about the afk/early quit issue, and we're just glad they did something.

... even though it was something wrong.

[5D5]
Members
2,296 posts
14,427 battles
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

gotta love getting a critical error and having to reboot PC completely (yes my PC is old get over it), and then getting a penalty.... Thanks WG!

Your old PC put your team at a disadvantage when you went AFK. I think you should follow your own advice and get over the penalty.

• Bad 2

[TST]
Members
10 posts
2,336 battles
13 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Your old PC put your team at a disadvantage when you went AFK. I think you should follow your own advice and get over the penalty.

did not go AFK, my game crashed my entire PC, but you can say I'm the cause.  Ever since 7.2 the client has been super unstable and crashing every few hours, but then again, I'm the cause.....

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,072 posts
9,551 battles

"(yes my PC is old get over it)"

The entitlement is strong with this one

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[5D5]
Members
2,296 posts
14,427 battles
11 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

did not go AFK, my game crashed my entire PC, but you can say I'm the cause.  Ever since 7.2 the client has been super unstable and crashing every few hours, but then again, I'm the cause.....

When your game crashes you are AFK. It doesn't matter whether it was your choice or involuntary. (Shakes head)

Additionally, most players don't experience super unstable, crashing every few hours issues. Have you checked your graphics selections in the game settings? You may need to lower them as your PC may not be able to handle anything above low. If not that you may need to reinstall the game?

• Bad 2

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

I remember a time when you had to walk into a actual store to buy PC games.  The boxes had this list of system requirements printed on them.  I never bought a game where I did not meet or exceed the recommended requirements.  Minimum requirements are only what is required to install and possibly load the game.   If the age of your computer is a possible reason for crashing, then it's probably time to upgrade. 

• Bad 1

Members
249 posts
10,484 battles
33 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Additionally, most players don't experience super unstable, crashing every few hours issues. Have you checked your graphics selections in the game settings? You may need to lower them as your PC may not be able to handle anything above low. If not that you may need to reinstall the game?

I have constant crashes and I have a new computer. Check your assumption at the door since you don't have any data to back it up

Edited by awesomeartichokes
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SOFOP]
Members
256 posts
3,660 battles
2 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

I do and I have a new computer. Check your assumption at the door since you don't have any data to back it up

I don't think he was talking to you.

[5D5]
Members
2,296 posts
14,427 battles
Just now, awesomeartichokes said:

I do and I have a new computer. Check your assumption at the door since you don't have any data to back it up

My laptop is almost 3 years old and I have none of those issues. It's not a gaming rig either.

Most of my clan doesn't experience these issues either but when someone does these are the first things we typically start checking to see if it resolves the issues.

OP has an older machine so these could be valid issues for him.

Members
249 posts
10,484 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I don't think he was talking to you.

Yeah he was because ...I have dealt with others like him in my own set of threads about this very same issue. If WG is going to penalize AFK/DC then they should compensate for the constant crashes.

Update: see 1SneakyDevil's reply implying that I can some how fix WG client to get it to stop crashing.

I got to love the "customer support" types who can't recognize that sometimes the fault really does exist. That said, notice that WG is moving to a 4 week release schedule....this is a clear admission that QA was lacking on a 3 week release schedule. If WG can admit that they have quality control issue, how come the "customer support" types on forum have such a hard time?

• Bad 1

Members
249 posts
10,484 battles
4 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Remove all unnecessary software and then run defrag. If you don't know what defrag is, that's part of your problem.

Defrag is still a thing? Oh on windows

Windows 8 and onwards: The OS does it during its weekly maintenance schedule, so doing it manually is usually not very effective. It has been renamed to Optimizer in Windows 8. To access it, Search for 'optimize' in the control panel search box to find it under Administrative Options.

It is not needed usually in Mac or Linux, or on smartphones.

Oh and if you have a SSD, defrag is a very bad concept and isn't done

• Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
256 posts
3,660 battles

The first step of troubleshooting and trying to resolve an issue with a computer is to check the computer that is having the problem.  The software is way down the list, outside of maybe a clean install to ensure everything ON THE PC is right.

WG may have a problem, but in 6 months, running WoW on a middle of the line PC, I have had it crash 1 time (excluding when I messed up some mods).  Does that mean they have a perfect program?  Nope.  A couple people having a constant problem when others are running fine, doesn't exactly point to a quality control problem either.

The schedule change could be for any one of a hundred reasons....pointing it to quality control isn't at the top of my list, but to each their own.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles
1 hour ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Yeah he was because ...I have dealt with others like him in my own set of threads about this very same issue. If WG is going to penalize AFK/DC then they should compensate for the constant crashes.

Update: see 1SneakyDevil's reply implying that I can some how fix WG client to get it to stop crashing.

I got to love the "customer support" types who can't recognize that sometimes the fault really does exist. That said, notice that WG is moving to a 4 week release schedule....this is a clear admission that QA was lacking on a 3 week release schedule. If WG can admit that they have quality control issue, how come the "customer support" types on forum have such a hard time?

I wasn't talking to you.  I was referring to the OP.  Check your assumption at the door.

Sign in to follow this