You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Look Here !! -> USN Cruiser line split - the details !!! <-

110 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,460 posts
2,405 battles

@Gneisenau013has posted a description of the first phase of the line split that goes into considerably more detail than the News announcement.

Of particular interest to me is that for those with the full CA line, the split will indeed produce duplicates that get turned into Credits, and new commanders.

Read carefully as some results seem to be contradictory but really aren't.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 3

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles

Thanks for point this out.

This is very close to what I expected and seems quite reasonable.

On the camouflage, if you paid for it, you get permanent camouflage is duplicated when the original ship moves.  Otherwise, like the Anniversary camouflage, the camouflage moves with the ship.

Duplicate ships generate silver, port slots, and extra commanders.

While this is not what everyone wants, this does answer what will be.  I still hope there is a discount on retraining/respecing commanders.  I will need to move the Tier 6 Light Cruiser commander that will find himself on Pensacola to the Tier 8 Cleveland.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,460 posts
2,405 battles
8 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

yeah retrain commander is pain

Especially for the higher point captains that we want on the high tier ships. 

8 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I don't read anything about port slots, except for T8 Cleveland.  (I sure hope you're right, though, as I really need them.)

[SPF]
Members
96 posts
9,412 battles
13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I don't read anything about port slots, except for T8 Cleveland.  (I sure hope you're right, though, as I really need them.)

"If any of the ships is to be issued several times (e.g. when a player has both Cleveland and Pensacola, he gets Pensacola added to his account twice: Pensacola + Cleveland и New Orleans + Pensacola), the player will get the ship in a configuration set in the replacement rules, a Commander, a slot and a compensation in credits in the amount equal to the purchase price of the ship in stock configuration regardless of all available discounts."

So yes, having the entire US cruiser line will get you a few port slots and quite a bit of silver 

Edited by _Kaiser_Sose_
  • Cool 1

[-PVE-]
Members
117 posts
9,317 battles
21 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Thanks for point this out.

This is very close to what I expected and seems quite reasonable.

On the camouflage, if you paid for it, you get permanent camouflage is duplicated when the original ship moves.  Otherwise, like the Anniversary camouflage, the camouflage moves with the ship.

While this is not what everyone wants, this does answer what will be.  I still hope there is a discount on retraining/respecing commanders.  I will need to move the Tier 6 Light Cruiser commander that will find himself on Pensacola to the Tier 8 Cleveland.

I too, will need to retrain my Cleveland and Pepsi commanders, however, I have read others who suggest sending the commander to reserve so they can stay with the same ship. Don't know if there is anything official about this.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles

This makes a priority grind for the Pensacola worthwhile for me. I should have at least a couple of weeks to finish it in, and if I don't make it before the split there's always free XP to drag me over the line. I don't like to use it, but I will if I must! :Smile_izmena:  

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
2 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

I too, will need to retrain my Cleveland and Pepsi commanders, however, I have read others who suggest sending the commander to reserve so they can stay with the same ship. Don't know if there is anything official about this.

If it works like the last split, you can send your commander to the reserve and put a temp captain in the ship. Then the temp captain will be retrained and the reserve captain should be left alone.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,014 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If it works like the last split, you can send your commander to the reserve and put a temp captain in the ship. Then the temp captain will be retrained and the reserve captain should be left alone.

So what would happen if you took your current New Orleans captain, and moved him to the Pensacola just before the split?  Would it become re-trained in the New Orleans (tech7?)

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
32,479 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,460 posts
2,405 battles
10 minutes ago, _Kaiser_Sose_ said:

the player will get the ship in a configuration set in the replacement rules, a Commander, a slot and

As I said, read carefully.  (I didn't."

Thanks!

[WOLF3]
Members
6,460 posts
2,405 battles
11 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

I can't testify directly, but others who observed the RU split said that Reserve captains had their specialization changed to the replacement ship.  So this wouldn't work.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
8 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

So what would happen if you took your current New Orleans captain, and moved him to the Pensacola just before the split?  Would it become re-trained in the New Orleans (tech7?)

If he was still trained for New Orleans, I think it would depend on if there was a captain sitting in the NO. As I understand it,  first a captain is checked for the ship that is moving, if there is no captain there, then it goes to the reserve and elsewhere to find a NO captain to retrain for the new T8 CA Baltimore. If the captain was retrained for Pensacola, then he should be retrained back to New Orleans.

3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I can't testify directly, but others who observed the RU split said that Reserve captains had their specialization changed to the replacement ship.  So this wouldn't work.

As I understand it, just putting the captain in the reserve was not enough. You also had to have a captain sitting in the ship otherwise the system would find the reserve captain.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles
18 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

This. the same happened with the IJN DD split. Even they were in the reserve they were retrained. The client checks what the ship the captain is trained for and not if he is in the ship the moment the update hits.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

This. the same happened with the IJN DD split. Even they were in the reserve they were retrained. The client checks what the ship the captain is trained for and not if he is in the ship the moment the update hits.

I believe the VMF DD split was different.

@Gneisenau013, @Radar_X any insight into this please? Will the split retrain all the captains for a particular ship or only the first one it finds?

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WOLF1]
Members
2,027 posts
33 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

guess you can assign a 0 point captain in there? do you need to "train" him just a bit so he "ties" to the ship?

Edited by Happy668

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

guess you can assign a 0 point captain in there? do you need to "train" him just a bit so it "ties" to the ship?

IIRC, a 0 point captain worked as long as he was recruited for that ship. @Erebthoron said that all the captains were retrained in the IJN DD split. I did not participate in that split and only had a two RU DDs for the VMF DD split.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I believe the VMF DD split was different.

@Gneisenau013, @Radar_X any insight into this please? Will the split retrain all the captains for a particular ship or only the first one it finds?

From the VMF split

For the replaced ship, its Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the main branch. For the second ship, a new Commander will be added to the player's account and bonus Commander XP

They talk only about the captain specialization -> that means he didn't have to be in the ship at that moment.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

From the VMF split

For the replaced ship, its Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the main branch. For the second ship, a new Commander will be added to the player's account and bonus Commander XP

They talk only about the captain specialization -> that means he didn't have to be in the ship at that moment.

I seem to remember putting a captain into reserve (and having a temp captain) and it working. I reserve the right to be wrong. It was my first line split after all.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,460 posts
2,405 battles

Well, I have an 11 pt and (hopefully by then) a 15 pt CO to worry about.  I'm gonna try it both ways.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,027 posts

I seem to remember putting a captain into reserve (and having a temp captain) and it working. I reserve the right to be wrong. It was my first line split after all.

yeah i read about that, it sure worked before otherwise ppl wouldn't be posting about it

my guess is, the code only tries to find one captain that's trained for that ship, it won't try to convert all captains for that ship, so if we put a temp captain for that ship, the code will be happy and be done with it, lol

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

yeah i read about that, it sure worked before otherwise ppl wouldn't be posting about it

my guess is, the code only tries to find one captain that's trained for that ship, it won't try to convert all captains for that ship, so if we put a temp captain for that ship, the code will be happy and be done with it, lol

They may have changed that for this split as the details that @Gneisenau013 posted below, says ALL commanders will be retrained.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,027 posts

They may have changed that for this split as the details that @Gneisenau013 posted below, says ALL commanders will be retrained.

if that's the case, then this send to reserve and put a temp captain won't work :(

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

if that's the case, then this send to reserve and put a temp captain won't work :(

True, but I may try it anyways. The 0 point temp captain is free anyways. :)