You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KSN

WGing Please Keep Your Promises - Graf Zeppelin

70 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,217 battles

TL;DR - Collectors and Fans don’t care about the rework; put it in the premium shop for advance pre-order. You promised after 3 months it would be available for purchase; please keep your word.

*UPDATE: 

Topic of Graf Zeppelin discussed.

As a veteran World of Warships player, and have purchased many premium ships from WGing, and having been involved with this wonderful game since 2012; but am concerned that a rumor floating around may end up being true, that new sales of the Graf Zepplin will either not occur due to the rework or be so extremely limited (like the Nikolai was) so as to be missed by normal people that have to go to work?

That the 'only' reason that I did not buy this ship when it was released was due to overwhelmingly negative Community Contributor feedback and reviews pleading with players to NOT PURCHASE the ship to discourage the release of broken ships for World of Warships.

Normally I do buy dull ships, like Prinz Eugen, with the knowledge that eventually maybe they will be made better or special - this is the one time I did not do that. And while all of these were voluntary choices, I have been waiting patiently, but anxiously, to purchase TWO Graf Zepplin's; one for myself and one for my teenage son's account. Particularly for my son who is an AVID carrier player, and highly ranked in competitive game play.

Therefore, I am writing to debunk this rumor, and/or understand precisely when the Graf Zepplin will become available for re-release public purchase; and if there is any ability to pre-order this ship to ensure purchase despite the decision to rework the CV game play (I'm still sore for missing the 1 day 'unannounced' sale of the Nikolai), because ultimately fans and enthusiasts want to buy this ship and want to support World of Warships.

In my mind, putting out a preorder for the Graf Zeppelin, with a full disclaimer that the CV line game play is being reworked, will both afford WGing of keeping a promise and knowing the level of player support for the CV class (and a little extra money to spur development never hurts).

Information on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

C825B96E-C243-4AD9-8EB1-8C6D833E7A5B.jpeg

Edited by KSN
Updated: Graf Zeppelin QA on r/WorldofWarships
  • Boring 1

1,044 posts
8,217 battles
27 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

SoonTM

Bald -

IKR - Really do not want to get screwed out of this ship. And rumors circulating on CLAN Discord servers are not encouraging - not at all.

[SPTR]
Members
1,712 posts
848 battles

Yeah. I'm not a CV guy, so I really don't care too much about getting the ship, but I main German BB's, so I fear her AP bombs...

1,044 posts
8,217 battles
5 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Yeah. I'm not a CV guy, so I really don't care too much about getting the ship, but I main German BB's, so I fear her AP bombs...

At this point I’m just interested in being able to at least collect the ship; playing her would be a bonus.

[SPTR]
Members
1,712 posts
848 battles
Just now, KSN said:

At this point I’m just interested in being able to at least collect the ship; playing her would be a bonus.

Yeah. Thats the only reason i'd buy premium CV's. E especially.

1,044 posts
8,217 battles
Just now, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Yeah. Thats the only reason i'd buy premium CV's. E especially.

The German family of ships tend to be my favorite, both for collecting, design and game mechanics, and fun. I primarily play German BBs from Bayern and Scharnhorst to Tirpitz and Grosser Kurfürst, I love my Z-52 despite her annoying tendency to take full AP penetrations; and I was looking forward to the Graf Zeppelin as my first CV that I’d actually try to learn to play CV - particularly that my son actually is good at playing them and could mentor me.

I just hope WGing will fill us in on the plan for this ship, as well as strike a balance between game development and keeping its promises.

[SPTR]
Members
1,712 posts
848 battles
Just now, KSN said:

The German family of ships tend to be my favorite, both for collecting, design and game mechanics, and fun. I primarily play German BBs from Bayern and Scharnhorst to Tirpitz and Grosser Kurfürst, I love my Z-52 despite her annoying tendency to take full AP penetrations; and I was looking forward to the Graf Zeppelin as my first CV that I’d actually try to learn to play CV - particularly that my son actually is good at playing them and could mentor me.

I just hope WGing will fill us in on the plan for this ship, as well as strike a balance between game development and keeping its promises.

Yeh. I love me my German ships. Just bought pudding Eugen and love her. German BB's are my favorite. Check my stats and % or games played in german bb's. It's 78% if i  remember right...

1,044 posts
8,217 battles
2 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Yeh. I love me my German ships. Just bought pudding Eugen and love her. German BB's are my favorite. Check my stats and % or games played in german bb's. It's 78% if i  remember right...

Indeed, some of my best games ever have been in German ships!

Just as an example from this ranked season: 

[SPTR]
Members
1,712 posts
848 battles

DS a mino w/ HE. A friend of mine does that with Conq. But yeah, Great Kurrywurst looks to be the pinnacle of the German BB line, with the possible exception of Bisko.

[-BSS-]
[-BSS-]
Members
48 posts
6,576 battles

I'd like to be able to buy it too if for no other reason then to collect it. Playing against them can be challenging though and I would like the chance to play it myself.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

According to SubOctavian forget it, nothing CV related is going to happen before the CV nerf, I mean rework. Also they were regretting the rerelease already as GZ is brokenly OP.

I saw on another forum a rumored call went out to certain CCs for ideas and how to rework the CVs. So I would say the current CV rework plan was probably a bust so maybe late 2019.

Also a certain other game is about to release it’s own naval combat with planes. So don’t hold you breath on this rework being finalized until that drops. They need to know if it will actually compete with WoWS for players.

[SPTR]
Members
1,712 posts
848 battles
7 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

According to SubOctavian forget it, nothing CV related is going to happen before the CV nerf, I mean rework. Also they were regretting the rerelease already as GZ is brokenly OP.

The first part is definitely true. She was also very OP when first released, then nerfed hard, then buffed again. But yes, WeeGee said nothing CV related happens before the CV rework

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
33 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

The first part is definitely true. She was also very OP when first released, then nerfed hard, then buffed again. But yes, WeeGee said nothing CV related happens before the CV rework

But we know what WG is like if the rework is still going to be another year before it get's done they might not sell CV premiums till then but then they might change there mind and do a few knowing they will make money from the sales.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
8 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I saw on another forum a rumored call went out to certain CCs for ideas and how to rework the CVs. So I would say the current CV rework plan was probably a bust so maybe late 2019.

Unless something has changed in the last 4 weeks im not sure how true that is as the waterline 1.1 video was April 22nd and they talked about rework then and what they changed well as much as they could.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

Unless something has changed in the last 4 weeks im not sure how true that is as the waterline 1.1 video was April 22nd and they talked about rework then and what they changed well as much as they could.

My guess is system requiments jumped with the new engine and RU server dictates changes. Most people on the RU sever wouldn’t be able to handle a bump in system requirements. If that is what happened they are back to square one.

1,044 posts
8,217 battles

So the lesson here is never listen to CC's, just buy the ships you want... but also listen to the CC's.

• Cool 1

1,044 posts
8,217 battles
On 5/19/2018 at 8:48 PM, GreyFox78659 said:

Also a certain other game is about to release it’s own naval combat with planes. So don’t hold you breath on this rework being finalized until that drops. They need to know if it will actually compete with WoWS for players.

@Sub_Octavian since you were mentioned I was wondering if this is true?

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
39 minutes ago, KSN said:

since you were mentioned I was wondering if this is true?

As far as i knew they were keeping CV out off clan battles until rework then go from there but i don't remember hearing anything about not selling premium CV till then they might not sell some of them, just that come the rework if you don't like the new play style of CV you can get a refund and who knows when the rework will happen could be few months away could be another year till we get it.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

WG:  Carriers aren't profitable.  We need to rework them.

also WG:  Everyone wants to buy this carrier and it would make a buttload of moneys.  Let's not sell it until rework

[WALLY]
Members
5 posts
1,987 battles

If they bring it back for sale, they need to first balance the thing.  I have had multiple games like this where this thing just sends me back to port before the game even begins.  And I've been one shot by both aircraft configurations.  I'm sorry to all who want one, but I hate seeing this thing on the enemy team.  This is not fun game play

shot-18.05.29_20.12.50-0905.jpg

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

I don't disagree.  I think that the bombs should be amazing and devastating, but probably not AP.  Buff the HE to AP levels of accuracy and also buff their alpha damage, then the dumb aspect of the ship is gone.

1,044 posts
8,217 battles

Still hoping @Sub_Octavian or someone from WGing will post about this.

Members
239 posts
12,358 battles

When the Graf Zepplin was first released, it was rated as Garbage as reviewed by Little White Mouse.

Now after trying to justify the highest price premium ship in the game at $59.99 that some people payed for a rated as Garbage German Carrier, Wargaming is attempting to re-work this Carrier and all Carriers for a "happy player" experience. So NOW IT"S OP AS ALL GET OUT, trying to appease the people who purchased it at the suffering of everyone else in the game. They can't sell it because they over-buffed it with overpowered AP Bombs that can one-shot a Bismark, torpedoes that hit DD and Cruisers, and as usual they won't admit the blunder and that the Carrier class is overpowered in general in this game as in real life.

GrafZeppIsOPshot.thumb.jpg.c586b179234d05973107802e9643c12d.jpg

It's currently the most OP premium carrier in the game, so they won't sell it ...

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan