You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

People complaining on the forums

26 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

How do people with almost 5,500 battles not even know the basics of damage mechanics, capping, and how the game works.

It's almost like somebody else now has the account of an experienced player.  Hmmmm. . .

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,684 posts
9,083 battles

Yeah, that was an epic meltdown.

[SOFOP]
Members
246 posts
3,594 battles

There was a post the other day from someone with 10k battles, who did not know that you could use X to change your targets.  Some people just make due with what they have for a very long time and don't ask questions till its well beyond the time they should have learned.

I remember back in the early WoW (that other WoW game) days, I ran into a guy that didn't know the talent tree scrolled down, and he was asking why he had more talent points than he could spend :)

it happens.

[TDRB]
Members
1,119 posts
4,244 battles

Team play wins battles but rewards are geared towards individual efforts, people play for rewards, at least that is my perspective.

Members
9,984 posts
7 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

How do people with almost 5,500 battles not even know the basics of damage mechanics, capping, and how the game works.

It's almost like somebody else now has the account of an experienced player.  Hmmmm. . .

It's probably been going on a lot....you can do a search and see lots of accounts for sale.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,693 posts
5,048 battles

so much salt with that one. This is a game it supposed to be fun. If you dont have fun find something else. 

Members
652 posts
7,499 battles

I've known the basics back before I only had below 1000 battles...

I'm pretty sure (maybe... ) that guy may perhaps bought an account and didn't know the basic mechanics...

[BLHK]
Members
354 posts
3,456 battles
12 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I remember back in the early WoW (that other WoW game) days, I ran into a guy that didn't know the talent tree scrolled down, and he was asking why he had more talent points than he could spend :)

it happens.

Did the same thing (exactly) in Fallout 4 lol

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

If people ask a question I am always happy to answer it

If people type (rant) at the start of their post I am more likely to leave it as they want to blow off steam.

It is when people constantly whinge about 

Being pink (includes afk and team damage posts)

OP ships they died to

Radar

Other garbage that has been repeatedly posted on here

People blaming ships on how garbage they are, and they're the ones who are garbage

People making posts that simply complain, instead of asking for help

eg. recent post about the NC

OP starts it with, this ship is garbage its this its that so on

Instead of trying it like this

I'm having trouble with using the NC, can anyone help me with what I am doing wrong with it.

The first one gets nothing but ridicule and funny memes, the second one would get people responding to help.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 2

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,316 battles

To be fair, the game has always been pretty terrible with tutorials and such. There's pretty much no way of learning even the basic principles of penetration, saturation, overmatching and such just from playing the game. Instead we are expected to sit through about five 40 minute iChase videos before so much as attempting something as audacious as a 'brawl' or 'kiting' or 'showing our face in front of the enemy'. Don't get me wrong- I appreciate him making the video, and for veterans like us they're very helpful in patching up our knowledge, but the game can be phenomenally hostile to new players.

Then again, with 5k battles I do struggle to classify this guy as 'a new player'.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,684 posts
9,083 battles
12 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It's probably been going on a lot....you can do a search and see lots of accounts for sale.

The account hadn't been played for over a year according to Warships Today so that is possible.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles

A very old thread, but one of my favorites.  Someone with a Tier X CV that complained the other CV deleted all his planes.  A Tier X CV player not knowing what strafe was.  I suggest reading it, it's awesome.

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,166 battles

If someone has fun ...then what is the problem?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,080 posts
6,807 battles
21 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

the answer is simple, because stupidity/ignorance comes in many forms, here its in the form of players that refused to take the time to learn game mechanics and whine on the forums that the game is rigged or people are cheating

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This can all be fixed if WG Forced a manual read of the game controls and all of its workings. 

In Port an access to the Rules and detailed manual of ALL CONTROLS

A Detailed Tutorial of the full controls with Pictures. {For those who can't or wont read.} 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

the answer is simple, because stupidity/ignorance comes in many forms, here its in the form of players that refused to take the time to learn game mechanics and whine on the forums that the game is rigged or people are cheating

Bad play is easily found anywhere without looking hard.  An example when I was playing Star Trek Online was a fleet-mate needing help on a simple PVE mission.  She had trouble surviving despite flying a very tough ship.  I helped her complete it but watched what she was doing at the same time, watching her buff & ability cycles.  It turned out she had no idea that there were hull and shield repair abilities in the game.  I tactfully (which is rare for me) told her about these abilities afterwards and where to find them, what they each did.  It was like a veil was pulled away :Smile_Default:  The interesting part was she was around the game since launch, and by that time the game had been out like 3 years.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,339 battles
26 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, that was an epic meltdown.

Did I miss a thing?

Members
248 posts
10,450 battles

Here are some things I (or others) discovered very late:

• How to change the crosshairs
  • What "alternative map view" meant... sort of
  • that you could repeat campaign objectives
  • that manual strafe was a thing (long after I gave up on CVs)
  • that you could target ships / airplanes even if you didn't have the captain skills ( it took the dunkirk missions prompting me )
  • assured target acquisition 
  • How to (sort of use) use the tick marks on the binocular view

WoWs tutorials suck. Their in-game tips suck.

Here are some things that I still struggle with:

• using the site correctly.. what exactly do those tick marks mean.
  • how to use dynamic v. static sighting crosshairs.
  • how long do torpedoes travel in 6 seconds?
  • How does the various stats of shell velocity work? I just have to relearn every ship at the start of the battle.

I only started getting mediocre when I started watching Flamu's vids.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,006 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The account hadn't been played for over a year according to Warships Today so that is possible.

Yeah and buying and selling accounts while prohibited on many major games still goes on. I mean if you want to quit the game why not make some money off your account instead of deleting it?  I would never buy or sell accounts, but I can see how people would get tempted to do so.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,684 posts
9,083 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This can all be fixed if WG Forced a manual read of the game controls and all of its workings. 

In Port an access to the Rules and detailed manual of ALL CONTROLS

A Detailed Tutorial of the full controls with Pictures. {For those who can't or wont read.} 

This would help but far too many would just click through and pick up nothing.

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles

Had 2 battles with this pink shima in ranked.

He was at B and i told him don't go C there is a DES there on the mini map.

He carries and pops his smoke seconds after i took this shot, he dies. then on the next battle we are on the same map, he goes 5km up to a GK and pops his smoke he dies.

He then moans in chat that smoke never works, i said the DES has radar and the GK has hydro they can see you in your smoke.

4VR7rG.png

Edited by Final8ty

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

I don‘t mind them nuking all the threads, but nuking my constructive explanation on what went wrong in his match? That is just rude... :Smile_sad:

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

I also don’t know all game mechanics. There wasn’t much of tutorial when I started and I also miss plenty of updates when I am offline for a couple of months.

It happens and so now and thn I make a topic in which I think I found a bug lol

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,037 posts
11,230 battles
28 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

If someone has fun ...then what is the problem?

well not look like it have "fun" if someone with a lot battles come to forum to complain about game mechanics.