You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PinkBarbieTank

What ships have a similar play style to the Omaha?

13 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
3,732 battles

I've just been playing American, and am up to tiers 8 and 9, but the Omaha is by far the most fun for me. Also, I have a reasonable win rate with it now. What ships of other countries play the same way? like versatile, maneuverable, with a real fast rate of fire. I just love burning down isolated BB's and maneuvering to avoid fire. Thanks in advance.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles

Murmansk and the Marblehead. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,578 battles

Krispy Kreme

EDIT: 

3 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Atlanta.

By that logic Radar Mino and the upcoming WARCHESTER :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by pikohan

[STW-M]
Members
2,042 posts
5,854 battles

I suppose Phoenix and Svietlana at one tier lower, if you want to go purely by ship characteristics.

For the playstyle of dodging and burning down battleships, there's always the French and Japanese cruisers.

For the USN, although they generally do better using islands, Cleveland, Atlanta, Des Moines, and the upcoming USN cruiser split always come into mind.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

Makarov, Phoenix, Krasny Krim, Atlanta, Marblehead, British cruiser line, upcoming US light cruiser line.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,280 posts
8,937 battles

Kirov!! Like Omaha,  it's visible from space, has a high rate of fire (ridiculous guns) and is really fast.

Molotov is a blast as well. You'd probably enjoy the hell out of Kuma, too. I sure do.

[DOG]
Members
431 posts
5,748 battles

The Kuma feels kind of similar to me.  High rate of fire.  Torpedoes that are decent enough to be a threat.  And it lights things on fire a lot.

[NG-NL]
Members
13 posts
4,680 battles
On 5/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Get the Murmansk; similar but better, a whole lot of fun at T5.

Pete

Agreed. That's my favorite Tier 5 cruiser, for exactly the same reasons that the original poster enjoys Omaha.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
992 posts
8,993 battles

Outside of her clones, I don’t think anything really plays like her. Yeah there are several ships that have thin armor and rely on maneuverablity to survive, but they all have turrets. Most of Omaha’s guns are in casemates, so you never really have wait on your turrets to get in position when switching sides.

Members
27 posts
1,093 battles

I can throw a lot of fire (and set fires) with both Russian T5 and T6.  The Kirov and the Budy are fun and I do well in them as I did in the Omaha.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,565 battles
On 5/16/2018 at 11:06 AM, PinkBarbieTank said:

I've just been playing American, and am up to tiers 8 and 9, but the Omaha is by far the most fun for me. Also, I have a reasonable win rate with it now. What ships of other countries play the same way? like versatile, maneuverable, with a real fast rate of fire. I just love burning down isolated BB's and maneuvering to avoid fire. Thanks in advance.

Murmansk for sure , it’s a sister ship to Omaha, Murmansk strength is the best Cruiser Rudder shift in game any tier giving it the Ability to turn hard to avoid shots from longer ranges

surprisingly I found the new Cleveland when rigged for the best rudder shift it can get can be played like the Omaha to a degree, and avoid shots at longer ranges from BBs