You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Moving from Kiev to Tashkent to Khabi

12 comments in this topic

Members
54 posts
7,150 battles

I have Kiev and am moving up the line. Is the Taskent even worth getting on the way--or just skipping? Everything I've read doesn't sound inspiring and I'm thinking of just skipping the ship. I'd be interested in hearing from those who have owned her what their experience was. Thanks!

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles

Tashkent is great in the right hands!  An example game of how you Tashkent:

VJlqECZ.jpg

Burn baby burn!  And usable torps unlike Khaba.

It's a different play style from Kiev though.  Can't jump into caps due to high detect and more of a perimeter harasser like Khaba.

I would not free xp past it.  I kept mine and perma camo'd it even though I have both Khaba and Kiev.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,255 posts
9,096 battles

You should never skip any ship.  Knowing all the strengths and weaknesses of a particular ship also helps you to fight against one.

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles

Oh and I also want to point out that Tashkent is a DD killer.  You can pretty much take out any DD with it besides a Khaba.  

I think the reason for the Tashkent hatorade is two fold:

1) It did have problems in earlier versions and was buffed after that.  
2) People don't know how to play it after Kiev.  It's a learning curve to adjust to it.

On the bright side Khaba had some nerfs to it's torps and gun range that Tashkent did not suffer.  So in some ways Tashkent can outperform Khaba!  Particularly in the gun range and torp department.  I've had knife fights between Khabas and Tashkents on either side and the trick for a Tashkent to fight a Khaba is to stay 14km from it where Tashkent can hit Khaba but Khaba can't hit back.  

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

After finishing the Tashkent grind I was like; Khaba sucks. Tashkent has better range and better torps. 

Got to like Khaba a bit more now.

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

After finishing the Tashkent grind I was like; Khaba sucks. Tashkent has better range and better torps. 

I had the same reaction when I first got Khaba.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
664 posts
12,318 battles

the same :D i play 1 khaba game and then wth and start grinding next line.

Last month i start DD emblems, read some good adepts for T10, pick khaba again.....AWSOME ship. :D

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,074 battles

Tashkent is possibly my favorite DD.  Sure, Khab is stronger, but the range of Tash's guns and torpedoes makes Tash waaaaaay easier to play. Seriously, you gotta learn Tash to be able to Khab. Don't skip it.

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles
6 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Tashkent is possibly my favorite DD.  Sure, Khab is stronger, but the range of Tash's guns and torpedoes makes Tash waaaaaay easier to play. Seriously, you gotta learn Tash to be able to Khab. Don't skip it.

Yes, if Khab and Kiev had a baby it would be Tashkent.  But I guess that's how it supposed to work in the tech tree :)

Members
8 posts
8,882 battles
10 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Agree with this sentiment, and likewise it didn't take long for it to wear off. 

I think the biggest adjustment with the Khaba is getting comfortable with your 50mm plate armor -- its downright unnatural at first shattering 203mm HE for example.  Another example in the Tash, even as buff as it is and with heal, a close range fight with a Gearing or a Yoyo is going to leave one of you dead and one of you mostly dead.  In the same fight in Khaba, Gearing will be lucky to take a few thousand off of you before you melt him (unless you give him a straight broadside for AP or you eat a torp).  

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,074 battles

^^^ This.  I am very careful getting in close with Tash, will usually avoid it unless necessary. With Khab, I'll close with any destroyer, none of this "Kite away from a gearing" nonsense. Just kill them. 

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
28 posts
7,485 battles

Man I enjoyed that ship when it was still known as the Trashcan.  Its pretty solid ship to learn how to kite and harass plus I would rather save that fxp for some other T9 to skip.

• Cool 2