You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Your_RNG_Score

Upcoming Massive Sync DROP?!

25 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,281 battles

Hello fellow captains,

We are currently planning to host a clan sync-drop event on the 25-26th May. The goal is for various clans to flood the random battle queues, and enjoy playing against each other together - accompanied by a healthy level of banter. We hope to have over 100 players join in on the event, so we need your help to make this happen! Please notify your clan members along with your friends, and get them to join this Discord since this is where the event will be hosted. The tier and precise time of the event are not yet decided, and we would love your input into what would work best.

https://discord.gg/d4RB2ey

Sincerely,

The Moderation Team of WoWs Clan Embassy Channel.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 5

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Why not create Training Rooms then it can be your Clans against each other.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,624 posts
8,912 battles

If you have that many people dropping into the q at one time you pretty much will all get into the same game so its not like they are destroying other peoples games... its not the ranked q.

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,430 posts
4,302 battles

Is the intention to have Randoms be dominated by people in clans, or to increase the chance that I'll go up against some of the people from my OWN clan, with no loyalty or quarter either expected or given? I have no objection to either; I'm merely seeking clarification.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Queue the sync drop moral outrage...

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,281 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is the intention to have Randoms be dominated by people in clans, or to increase the chance that I'll go up against some of the people from my OWN clan, with no loyalty or quarter either expected or given? I have no objection to either; I'm merely seeking clarification.

We are looking forward to have an event where you are able to play with teammates and enemy that you can talk to, but also have a randomness so that you won't be guaranteed to only play against people that you know. After all, the whole point of this game is to have fun! So why not have some fun while playing the game with a bunch of people in the same game that you can talk to?

Also can you imagine a game where there are 12vs12 Izyaslav? :cap_yes: 

Edited by Top_Gun_1999
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
14 minutes ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:

We are looking forward to have an event where you are able to play with teammates and enemy that you can talk to, but also have a randomness so that you won't be guaranteed to only play against people that you know. After all, the whole point of this game is to have fun! So why not have some fun while playing the game with a bunch of people in the same game that you can talk to?

But what if that hurts our feelings? Huh? Bet you didn't think of that, did you smart guy?!

And honestly, how dare you even talk about clans. Do you realize how much of a trigger that is for the clanless among us?

Edited by Lensar

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,780 battles

Sounds pretty fun, actually.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

One time our clan had 7 people from the same clan on the same team. Our team only lost one ship before the victory...

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles
53 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm sinking you first.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles
45 minutes ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:

The perfect game.

• Cool 1

Members
270 posts
5,756 battles
3 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

Why not create Training Rooms then it can be your Clans against each other.

People do already do that, it's called KoTS and this isn't KoTS. This is for fun, not for bragging rights or hosting a competitive event.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,201 battles

I'm not so sure I would advertise this as WG announced last month they are working to break-up clan drop-syncs...

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
737 posts
4,161 battles
10 minutes ago, SwirvinBirds said:

I'm not so sure I would advertise this as WG announced last month they are working to break-up clan drop-syncs...

There is no rule against it, and in all honesty, it'd be impossible for WG to stop this.

100+ people entering the que at once will force games together.

Although I'm looking forward to it! \o/

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:

This is a good Idea ...... BUT...... you ever been is a Chat room with several other battles going on? 

3 players in the same match is one thing, 100 players in the same chat with 10 battles happening, that would be like trying to whisper to your Partner important life or death info in a  closed room filled with Super Bowl  fans celebrating at the point of the Win.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,281 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This is a good Idea ...... BUT...... you ever been is a Chat room with several other battles going on? 

3 players in the same match is one thing, 100 players in the same chat with 10 battles happening, that would be like trying to whisper to your Partner important life or death info in a  closed room filled with Super Bowl  fans celebrating at the point of the Win.

Yep, we are currently working on various chat room in our discord server. You may not be able to see them yet. However when the day comes, everything will go smoothly :)

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,281 battles
3 hours ago, Lensar said:

But what if that hurts our feelings? Huh? Bet you didn't think of that, did you smart guy?!

And honestly, how dare you even talk about clans. Do you realize how much of a trigger that is for the clanless among us?

Hence its the reason why i posted the event here as well, before I post it on the forums, I have already notify many clans (50+ I think?) about such event coming up. However I would like to reach out to the players who are not in a clan yet to join this event as well, so I made this post here :cap_cool:

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,290 battles

My current clanmates are usually on during CST evenings those days of the week anyway, so yeah, I'll mention this to them.

Though if we're doing such massive sync drops it'd probably be what, around 12 or so per battle. With good timing my clan has landed in same battle multiple times--only hiccups being if slow to press Battle! or one of us brings a CV.

It'll be fun to get close to div mates and fire torps just to see who panics in Discord!

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,201 battles
16 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

There is no rule against it, and in all honesty, it'd be impossible for WG to stop this.

100+ people entering the que at once will force games together.

Although I'm looking forward to it! \o/

I didn't say that did I? What I did say was in April WG said they are addressing the Clan drop sync issue. If you attempt to do this WG said any additional clan members beyond the division limit will be put into a different match.

So no... It's not impossible and it's kinda obvious they don't want you doing it anymore with that announcement.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
737 posts
4,161 battles
1 hour ago, SwirvinBirds said:

I didn't say that did I? What I did say was in April WG said they are addressing the Clan drop sync issue. If you attempt to do this WG said any additional clan members beyond the division limit will be put into a different match.

So no... It's not impossible and it's kinda obvious they don't want you doing it anymore with that announcement.

Heres the thing, I still accidentally sync drop with clan members all the time. I can just be playing solo or with another clan and see my own clan in the same game quite often.

As well as that, this is the first time I've heard they apparently made such statements...

And the reason I said that is this:

I'm not so sure I would advertise this

What's wrong with advertising this? It breaks no rules and is people getting together to have some fun in games together! \o/

• Funny 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,624 posts
8,912 battles

Remembers that this wasn’t a issue before clan tags got added only kntai and fog names told you what clan they were in. People never new.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

Remembers that this wasn’t a issue before clan tags got added only kntai and fog names told you what clan they were in. People never new.

Ignorance is bliss. 

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
28 posts
7,531 battles

Good old days of 20+ FoG members sync dropping.  That was some fun times.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,201 battles
1 hour ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Heres the thing, I still accidentally sync drop with clan members all the time. I can just be playing solo or with another clan and see my own clan in the same game quite often.

As well as that, this is the first time I've heard they apparently made such statements...

And the reason I said that is this:

What's wrong with advertising this? It breaks no rules and is people getting together to have some fun in games together! \o/

There is a difference in accidental and purposely.

Look. Do what you want. I'm just pointing it out.

[LUCK]
Members
1,315 posts
19,712 battles
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Top_Gun_1999 said:

Hello fellow captains,

We are currently planning to host a clan sync-drop event on the 25-26th May. The goal is for various clans to flood the random battle queues, and enjoy playing against each other together - accompanied by a healthy level of banter. We hope to have over 100 players join in on the event, so we need your help to make this happen! Please notify your clan members along with your friends, and get them to join this Discord since this is where the event will be hosted. The tier and precise time of the event are not yet decided, and we would love your input into what would work best.

https://discord.gg/d4RB2ey

Sincerely,

The Moderation Team of WoWs Clan Embassy Channel.

For randoms it doesn't matter, so have fun. Suggest you sync drop as divisions - wouldn't that be easier?

I can imagine it being an issue to some extent in ranked.

Apparently WG sees it as an issue, how I don't know, I don't pay attention that closely.