You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

How Will One Acquire Cleveland in 0.7.5?

12 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,094 battles

I need help understanding one thing. It looks like our existing ships get moved to their new tiers in 0.7.5 and the new CL will be added in 0.7.6.

If that isn't correct then ignore my concern and enlighten me, please.

If this is true then the CL split will show up in the tree with Cleveland at T8. How could anyone acquire that ship in 0.7.5? Predecessor ships won't appear until 0.7.6. Maybe that is the American Cruiser collection purpose - give players a Cleveland? But Omaha captains will have no direct progression to Cleveland when 0.7.5 drops - only to T6 Pensacola or, later in 0.7.6, to Dallas.

Not an issue with Des Moines. Baltimore goes to T8 and Buffalo enters the CA tree.

Members
9,962 posts

Considering they are including the 2nd line in the 2nd part of 7.5 pt, I question as to whether they are really holding that line till 7.6.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,094 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Considering they are including the 2nd line in the 2nd part of 7.5 pt, I question as to whether they are really holding that line till 7.6.

Good point.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
615 posts

Have the tier VI Cleveland before 0.7.5. Should get VIII Cleveland and Pensacola/credits equiv to Pensacola.

Sounds like there is no way to get from Omaha to VIII Cleveland until the rest of the CL line drops.

Members
762 posts
15,808 battles

There could be alternative ways to get Cleveland....

;)

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,110 battles

Per the Public Test Notes, you can get the Cleveland from the New Orleans until 0.7.6

b01e1088-584c-11e8-8243-d89d6715223c.jpg

• Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
4 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

Per the Public Test Notes, you can get the Cleveland from the New Orleans until 0.7.6

I think he means if they change he main line in 7.5 and wait until 7.6 to introduce the new line will you be able to get the Cleveland in 7.5 or will you have to wait until the new line is introduced in 7.6. So can you get the Cleveland in the new line and start working on it in 7.5 or do you have to wait until 7.6. 

I think if they do a split release 7.5/7.6 then the Cleveland will be in as the only new line ship. Just my opinion though.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,094 battles
26 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

Didnt look at those but that makes perfect sense.

[SYN]
Members
548 posts
6,157 battles

From the news page:

Good ol'   VI Cleveland  is taken two tiers up to her new place in the split line of light cruisers. We've improved the ship's parameters by giving her a faster main guns reload time and a higher turret traverse speed, more HP and an option to equip "Hydroacoustic Search", "Surveillance Radar" and "Defensive AA Fire" at the same time. In Update 0.7.5,   VI Cleveland will be the only representative of the line of U.S. light cruisers. The other ships will join the fleet very soon.

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016

[TDG]
Members
1,171 posts
5,977 battles

Unknown, but there was a note about a means to get a missions to acquire Tier 8 Cleveland.  I think might work like the missions for the French battleships.

I may have misunderstood what I read, but that would be a way to get the ship until the rest of the tech tree drops.

Members
9,962 posts
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

From the news page:

Good ol'   VI Cleveland  is taken two tiers up to her new place in the split line of light cruisers. We've improved the ship's parameters by giving her a faster main guns reload time and a higher turret traverse speed, more HP and an option to equip "Hydroacoustic Search", "Surveillance Radar" and "Defensive AA Fire" at the same time. In Update 0.7.5,   VI Cleveland will be the only representative of the line of U.S. light cruisers. The other ships will join the fleet very soon.

This seems to contradict that, but maybe it's simply bad wording....

Update 0.7.5 will realign the tech tree of U.S. heavy cruisers, sending   VI Cleveland  to Tier VIII of the light cruiser line. Try out the new ships and find out more about the rules of replacement during the Public Test. The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved.

I took that to mean the 2nd round of 7.5 PT, but this is WG.

[SYN]
Members
548 posts
6,157 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

This seems to contradict that, but maybe it's simply bad wording....

Update 0.7.5 will realign the tech tree of U.S. heavy cruisers, sending   VI Cleveland  to Tier VIII of the light cruiser line. Try out the new ships and find out more about the rules of replacement during the Public Test. The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved.

I took that to mean the 2nd round of 7.5 PT, but this is WG.

You are quoting about the PT server. I was quoting from the game server update . ( I think).