Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How is scraping paint with a teammate a problem?

51 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

Anyone else getting a bad case of cognitive dissonance from the conflicting messages from WG?

If you bump a teammate the typical cost is one or two credits.

But now we have this unsportsmanlike conduct nonsense.

gyJwCwd.jpg

Let me tell you what just happened to me.

I hit Battle and got disconnected from the server before loading. 

It then takes me another three minutes to get loaded into the game.

While I'm sitting there staring at the game loading page, I hear the sounds of metal crunching.

Oh-oh, someone has deliberately crashed into my STATIONARY ship!!!

At the end of the game, I discover that I have been assessed 5 demerit points for unsportsmanlike conduct.

What a great system, WG.

You need to make up your minds: is scraping paint a problem or a triviality?

:etc_red_button:

PS How exactly is two friendlies scraping a bit of paint while swerving to miss torps "UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT"?

Edited by TheGreatBlasto
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[OPEC]
Members
945 posts
5,108 battles

I think you should be put on Double Secret Probation, instead...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

The OTHER BIG PROBLEM is that if Ship A crashes into Ship B, both are penalized the same number of demerit points, IIRC.

That's not how the auto insurance industry operates.

What a farce.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles
6 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

No fault insurance, that's exactly how it operates.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

No fault insurance, that's exactly how it operates.

If you caused the accident your premiums jump up.

[TURDS]
Members
579 posts
3,938 battles

Demerits?  Is this some special benefit plan you get while under Double Secret Probation? :cap_haloween:

Now if people are getting their ships Pink because of collisions of ships instead of collisions of ships with shells/torps, then there might be a problem.

Otoh, if one can acquire pink status through ship collisions; just how many do you have to have? 

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles
6 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I really don't know too much about that I don't cause accidents. I also think that no fault only counts toward vehicle costs. Personal injury has perpetrators and victims. I meant no offense Blasto just stating that.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

I really don't know too much about that I don't cause accidents

We call them "crashes" not accidents. Accident implies it was out of everyone's control. 

• Funny 2

[-K-]
Members
5,275 posts
9,108 battles
29 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

The OTHER BIG PROBLEM is that if Ship A crashes into Ship B, both are penalized the same number of demerit points, IIRC.

What a farce.

Are we really using the sketchy auto insurance industry as the high point to judge other standards against?

• Funny 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
24 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

With ships both parties have a problem, at least usually. It is rare that only one is at fault, because the other ship has the responsibility just as much to avoid collision.

So unless you want a complicated program around this, both equally at fault is easier. And just as real as in the big world.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles
24 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Half the story.  If you don't cause the accident your premiums jump up.

• Funny 1

[BLHK]
Members
340 posts
3,437 battles
33 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

What a farce.

On a slightly serious note. The smaller ship should always be at fault..........just like in real life

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

With ships both parties have a problem, at least usually. It is rare that only one is at fault, because the other ship has the responsibility just as much to avoid collision.

So unless you want a complicated program around this, both equally at fault is easier. And just as real as in the big world.

I have had incidents where others T-Boned me while I was parked behind an island.

So were we both equally responsible?

Don't think so.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
38 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

@TheGreatBlasto, I am really disappointed with you right now; this whole post of yours is nothing but bait. You've known all along that any collision causes points to be deducted from both ships, because I told you so in a post about working off pink time in co-op some time ago (like a year or so plus), and then you quoted it in another post complaining about it. This isn't a new issue, especially for you, and you jumping on the Forum like you just "discovered" it is nothing more than troll baiting. For Shame!

If you don't like the mechanic, fine, complain about it ... but do it like an adult and not like some 8 year old who just found out there is no Santa Claus.

39 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Really? Is Mutual of OhMyGod insuring your electronic fleet?

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
2 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I have had incidents where others T-Boned me while I was parked behind an island.

Why were you parked behind an island in the middle of a match? They should penalize you for that alone!

• Cool 1

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
38 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Deal with it

Such a constructive post.

Arguably I think they should outright remove teamramming from the system, so it either doest do damage or doest flag anything. Its not fair to anyone who is pink to be penalized for someone else ramming them.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
49 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Anyone else getting a bad case of cognitive dissonance from the conflicting messages from WG?

If you bump a teammate the typical cost is one or two credits.

But now we have this unsportsmanlike conduct nonsense.

gyJwCwd.jpg

Let me tell you what just happened to me.

I hit Battle and got disconnected from the server before loading. 

It then takes me another three minutes to get loaded into the game.

While I'm sitting there staring at the game loading page, I hear the sounds of metal crunching.

Oh-oh, someone has deliberately crashed into my STATIONARY ship!!!

At the end of the game, I discover that I have been assessed 5 demerit points for unsportsmanlike conduct.

What a great system, WG.

:etc_red_button:

PS How exactly is two friendlies scraping a bit of paint while swerving to miss torps "UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT"?

Why do people worry about insignificant things in life?

Can you not, simply move along and not worry about it?

Complaining on the forums about a bit of spilt milk is unsportsmanlike conduct.

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Why were you parked behind an island in the middle of a match? They should penalize you for that alone!

You must be new to the game.

:Smile_facepalm:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
Just now, TheGreatBlasto said:

You must be new to the game.

:Smile_facepalm:

You must be high.

• Funny 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,842 posts
13,059 battles
55 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Five?  Five!

You need thousands of points to go pink.  And points have a shelf life. 

• Cool 1

Members
83 posts
20 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You should submit suggestions to clarify the Wiki Torpedoes guide about Island Ambushes.

Members
2,500 posts
5,485 battles

Ever since Battle games had been played online multu-player mode their had always been a conflict of HOW to deal with intentional Team killing and accidental Team kills.  In this case of ship to ship collisions games had sought to to bring charges as demerits or warnings to discourage that. But it's always some who just don't pay attention and persist. It's just the way it is and probably will never ending.  Every game is unique on HOW they feel they have at least minimized it. 

I feel that the simply way is to add reload times to both parties for that one time instance as long as the contact is not prolonged - then even LONGER reload times.  When seperated then the normal reload for each applicable ship applies.

THAT and also I might add is a ALARM like the one when you are near an island that goes off so you KNOW someone friendly is getting close.  It's simple and I think doable than demerits or fines.  

[TURDS]
Members
579 posts
3,938 battles
28 minutes ago, Umikami said:

@TheGreatBlasto, I am really disappointed with you right now; this whole post of yours is nothing but bait. You've known all along that any collision causes points to be deducted from both ships, because I told you so in a post about working off pink time in co-op some time ago (like a year or so plus), and then you quoted it in another post complaining about it. This isn't a new issue, especially for you, and you jumping on the Forum like you just "discovered" it is nothing more than troll baiting. For Shame!

If you don't like the mechanic, fine, complain about it ... but do it like an adult and not like some 8 year old who just found out there is no Santa Claus.

Really? Is Mutual of OhMyGod insuring your electronic fleet?

Last bit of your post: agreed the auto insurance reference is just bait on top of bait. But hey, no limits on whinging right?

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
1 hour ago, Lensar said:

We call them "crashes" not accidents. Accident implies it was out of everyone's control.

"an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury."

We call them accidents because majority of the time, it is unintentional.

If they were deliberate, then we call it assault or murder, or insurance fraud.

It being in our control, does not change this.

As for ramming: I still think it should remove health from both ships. HOWEVER, Ramming damage should not count towards Pink/Orange status (really only an issue if you're already pink and trying to work it off, unless you're ramming into ships 20 times a match).

Edited by Counter_Gambit

Sign in to follow this