Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
InventedThought

American crate missions

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

40
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

 

If I already have the Sims, Cleveland, and the Atlanta will the combat missions I receive be for the Monaghan, or the Kidd? :cap_yes:

 

 

image.png

 

 

Edited by InventedThought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles

"Collectible items may also come in daily containers after you've obtained your first collectible item." Is this encouragement to push on to that second container? Sounds like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[KSD]
Members
68 posts
3,408 battles

Kinda makes me sad i just dropped so much $ for the atlanta.. Oh well i absolutely love her so no regrets.

 

I also have the sims. Does this mean if I get the missions for the ATL or Sims I will be rewarded in some way by doubloons or silver or do I just miss out on taking that advantage all together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

 

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"Collectible items may also come in daily containers after you've obtained your first collectible item." Is this encouragement to push on to that second container? Sounds like it.

That is a good Question as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

This is not guaranteeing a win for getting a new Premium ship. There's a chance... I really hope I'm lucky enough to pull something good out of one of em. Maybe an Atlanta...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

If you don't have the Cleveland is that the mission you will get. With the French BB I got the Normandie but then could not do that scenario mission for lack of the T8.

Designed to get me to play more eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
Members
724 posts

oh well there is only Monaghan I don't have, so I suppose IF I am lucky the first time to get a ship, then I will get Monaghan, and if I am lucky enough to get another ships after that, I will just get silver/gold and a port-slot for it being a duplicate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles
5 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

This is not guaranteeing a win for getting a new Premium ship. There's a chance...

I think I made note of that in another thread. This is going to be like those container missions for the T5 to T8 French BB's, and the level of unwise spending (if they go on sale) and the subsequent salt that flows are both going to be epic.

I suspect the chance to get an Atlanta (which they JUST put back on sale) is going to be quite small, in order to keep current owners happy - or at least relatively non-ragey that the ship they paid $$$ for is now winnable for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

I always get the Tech tree ship Missions, i.e. the Farragut, Budovny, and the Leander, but they all came with the permanent camo and their own port slot though.

I didn't have any of those ships in port at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

(if they go on sale) and the subsequent salt that flows are both going to be epic.

Maybe all the salt in rank will alleviate some of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles
Just now, InventedThought said:

Maybe all the salt in rank will alleviate some of that.

Nope. This is not a zero-sum game - there is no limit to the reservoir of salt that can flow. Popcorn futures are looking good (and you can put salt on that too).

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[KSD]
Members
68 posts
3,408 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think I made note of that in another thread. This is going to be like those container missions for the T5 to T8 French BB's, and the level of unwise spending (if they go on sale) and the subsequent salt that flows are both going to be epic.

I suspect the chance to get an Atlanta (which they JUST put back on sale) is going to be quite small, in order to keep current owners happy - or at least relatively non-ragey that the ship they paid $$$ for is now winnable for nothing.

I was just getting going on WOWs when the french stuff was going on. Towards the end I bought the 20$ pack and got all the missions. From what I read, I had really good luck. Might have had something to do with being a month behind everyone else.

Edited by ASR37

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles
10 minutes ago, ASR37 said:

Towards the end I bought the 20$ pack and got all the missions. From what I read, I had really good luck.

You had exceptionally good luck. There were people who spent hundreds of dollars on French crates just to try to get the Richelieu unlock... and failed (and then came here to whine about it). As for me, I got Bretagne in my very first French crate and Normandie in the last (I didn't buy any), and then I went on holidays and my opportunities to win more unlocks were over. I still to this day feel that I would have been one of the lucky ones and got at least a Lyon as well if I could have kept on going, but it's one of those things I'll never know and really don't care about.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
333 posts
3,422 battles

This is going to be interesting, Tier VIII, I guess I could use the Cleveland, the ARP Takao, or maybe the Alabama?  Not many options there.

Cleveland would be a new ship at Tier VIII, I don't have many games in the Atlanta or Alabama.  Not looking fun or entertaining at this point.  :Smile_sceptic:

On the bright side, it looks like this is going to be around for a while.  :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,427
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,084 posts
6,836 battles
37 minutes ago, InventedThought said:

 

If I already have the Sims, Cleveland, and the Atlanta will the combat missions I receive be for the Monaghan, or the Kidd? :cap_yes:

 

 

image.png

 

 

oh hello there Mr./Mrs. Magic crate of America

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,017 posts
9,102 battles
47 minutes ago, ASR37 said:

Kinda makes me sad i just dropped so much $ for the atlanta.. Oh well i absolutely love her so no regrets.

 

I also have the sims. Does this mean if I get the missions for the ATL or Sims I will be rewarded in some way by doubloons or silver or do I just miss out on taking that advantage all together?

I suspect it will be like the Christmas crates. In those if you already have the premium ship you the RNG selects another premium ship. If you have all of them I think you get the gold equivalent and a port slot. I also think you’ll get a 10 point commander. That’s just a guess on my part. At the very least I think you’ll get a slot, 10point commander, and either the gold or silver worth of the ship. I have all those ships (except Monaghan) and would be happy with the gold, commander, and port slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,210
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,824 posts
10,383 battles

Given that after a couple of buys and completing all the missions for them I'd opened something like 30 French crates for zero missions for the T5-T8 BB's I'm not wildly optimistic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles
43 minutes ago, mofton said:

Given that after a couple of buys and completing all the missions for them I'd opened something like 30 French crates for zero missions for the T5-T8 BB's I'm not wildly optimistic...

You have my condolences on that score (I got Bretagne and Normandie), but RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh away... so you could get lucky here where you were previously cursed on the French missions. Be an optimist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,603 posts
4,057 battles

I would expect mission distribution to be the same for all players. 

Typically, if you buy a premium in the shop that you already have, you get the port slot, whatever extras might have come with it (x-point captain, for example) and the doubloon value of the ship.  If it comes in a mission, you usually get the port slot, whatever extras might have come with it, and the credit value of the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
408
[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You had exceptionally good luck. There were people who spent hundreds of dollars on French crates just to try to get the Richelieu unlock... and failed (and then came here to whine about it). As for me, I got Bretagne in my very first French crate and Normandie in the last (I didn't buy any), and then I went on holidays and my opportunities to win more unlocks were over. I still to this day feel that I would have been one of the lucky ones and got at least a Lyon as well if I could have kept on going, but it's one of those things I'll never know and really don't care about.

 

I didn't buy any either. I got the 4 battleship missions right in order- 5, 6, 7, then 8 - but Richelieu was on the very, very last possible round of crates that I'd be able to get. I was rather relieved to get it, finally. I didn't partiuclarly like the idea of grinding the previous ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×