You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThePwnageMachine

Compensation for the US Cruiser Split?

38 comments in this topic

Members
75 posts
1,475 battles

Hello all! Just thought I'd make a post here and see if I can clarify how I will be compensated for the cruiser split. Seeing how I have the Cleveland & Pensacola, will I receive both ships after the update, and the ships in between them?

For example, since the Cleveland is jumping up to tier 8 and moving to a new line, will I receive the tier 6 and 7 ships behind it? Or will I only receive the new tier 8 Cleveland? Or will I just receive the new tier 6 equivalent of what the Cleveland was? Please forgive me for the confusing nature of these questions, as I am confused about it myself.

Thanks!

-ThePwnageMachine

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
Just now, ThePwnageMachine said:

Hello all! Just thought I'd make a post here and see if I can clarify how I will be compensated for the cruiser split. Seeing how I have the Cleveland & Pensacola, will I receive both ships after the update, and the ships in between them?

For example, since the Cleveland is jumping up to tier 8 and moving to a new line, will I receive the tier 6 and 7 ships behind it? Or will I only receive the new tier 8 Cleveland? Or will I just receive the new tier 6 equivalent of what the Cleveland was? Please forgive me for the confusing nature of these questions, as I am confused about it myself.

Thanks!

-ThePwnageMachine

The Cleveland will move to T8 CL and you will get a T6 CA Pensacola in compensation. Your Pensacola will also move to T6 CA, so you will have two and will get silver for one of them.

You will not get the Dallas or Helena, so you will need the Omaha to get Dallas. 38-40k XP on Omaha, should get you Dallas when the CLs hit on 7.6.

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,518 battles

If you were around during the time of the IJN or Russian DD split, you might have an idea.

If not, you may want to do a quick search in the forum for them.

Otherwise, they have yet to release exactly how they will be doing it.

Members
75 posts
1,475 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Cleveland will move to T8 CL and you will get a T6 CA Pensacola in compensation. Your Pensacola will also move to T6 CA, so you will have two and will get silver for one of them.

You will not get the Dallas or Helena, so you will need the Omaha to get Dallas. 38-40k XP on Omaha, should get you Dallas when the CLs hit on 7.6.

It sounds like I will be getting screwed over a bit by the split more than I will be benefiting from it, from what you're telling me. :(

Eh, whatever. It's just a game.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
2 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

Thanks y'all. One more question, where did everyone get the signatures with their stats in them, like what you have?

https://na.warships.today

After you log in, there is a generate signature item under the main stats.

Just now, ThePwnageMachine said:

It sounds like I will be getting screwed over a bit by the split more than I will be benefiting from it, from what you're telling me. :(

I forgot, you get the T7 CA New Orleans as well.

Not really. You do get silver for the duplicate Pensacola. You get a free port slot for the Cleveland. There will be some level of free captains for the ships that move. If you have perma-camo for Cleveland, you will get perma-camo at T8, so you save 2k doubloons. Perma-camo for Pensacola, means your New Orleans and Pensacola will have perma-camo.

[SOFOP]
Members
237 posts
3,555 battles
3 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

Thanks y'all. One more question, where did everyone get the signatures with their stats in them, like what you have?

Warships.today is the URL.  I don't think they update stats anymore though.

1 minute ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

How so?  You'll be getting a free T8 cruiser and a replacement T6, a new T7, and a few million credits (most likely).  Unless you really hate the Pensacola and New Orleans, I don't see a downside.  Personally, I liked the Pena and the NO (even though they are punished heavily if you mess up...but such is cruiser life).

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

You should get the new tier 7 New Orleans, new tier 6 Pensacola, and new tier 8 Cleveland.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rpkscout1
  • Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Personally, I liked the Pena and the NO (even though they are punished heavily if you mess up...but such is cruiser life).

I hated the Pensacola, but was pleasantly surprised by the NO. Just had a great game in her. 165k damage and I survived in a tier 10 match... I'd count the surviving part a BIG accomplishment.:Smile_smile:

Soon to get the Baltimore.

Edited by Rpkscout1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Perma-camo for Pensacola, means your New Orleans and Pensacola will have perma-camo.

On that note, I have permacamo for Cleveland right now, but do not have the Pensacola either unlocked or bought (if I flog Randoms hard, I could probably do it but I'd have to sacrifice one ship in my port to buy her, and I need the Omaha for the Dallas grind). If I understand correctly, both the Cleveland and the Pensacola which it leaves behind after the split will have perma-camo when this is over. So there is no point in grinding the Pensacola now, if I'm only going to get her anyway when the split happens and if the XP I've already earned on the Cleveland goes into her.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On that note, I have permacamo for Cleveland right now, but do not have the Pensacola either unlocked or bought (if I flog Randoms hard, I could probably do it but I'd have to sacrifice one ship in my port to buy her, and I need the Omaha for the Dallas grind). If I understand correctly, both the Cleveland and the Pensacola which it leaves behind after the split will have perma-camo when this is over. So there is no point in grinding the Pensacola now, if I'm only going to get her anyway when the split happens and if the XP I've already earned on the Cleveland goes into her.

Well, if you are close to Pensacola and you get her, then you will get New Orleans at T7 CA when Pensacola moves to T6 CA.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I forgot, you get the T7 CA New Orleans as well.

Not really. You do get silver for the duplicate Pensacola. You get a free port slot for the Cleveland. There will be some level of free captains for the ships that move. If you have perma-camo for Cleveland, you will get perma-camo at T8, so you save 2k doubloons. Perma-camo for Pensacola, means your New Orleans and Pensacola will have perma-camo.

So Kizarvexis I need to get the Omaha too? Just got back the Cleveland and Pensacola this weekend. Got them Perma-Camos as well.

Members
710 posts

I hope they do a big discount for retraining and skill resets for USN cruiser commanders at the same time as the new cruisers arrive.

Members
75 posts
1,475 battles
21 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

You should get the new tier 7 New Orleans, new tier 7 Pensacola, and new tier 8 Cleveland.

Hope this helps.

I hope this is the case :)

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, if you are close to Pensacola and you get her, then you will get New Orleans at T7 CA when Pensacola moves to T6 CA.

True - but I currently don't have a spare port slot to put her in. I vaguely recall something about the unlock being preserved as well as the whole ship, so if that's the case I can always unlock "tier 7 mainline cruiser" now, and buy NO at leisure if I either win a port slot or decide I can sacrifice something. I could sacrifice the Omaha now, but I need her to unlock the Dallas in 7.6 and I need her port slot to put the Dallas in when I decide to buy her. The irony is that the Helena (when I eventually get there) will (or SHOULD) be an elite ship at an early stage, since the Cleveland will already be there and all I'll have to do is unlock Helena's various fire control or turret options.

[SOFOP]
Members
237 posts
3,555 battles

nvm, had no idea there was a post clarifying this all already.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
315 posts
9,453 battles

I have a question to this since there are so many that Have been here for previous line splits. I just read this https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/158930-public-test-075/and I was wondering if the new ships get a 6,7,8,and 9 point captain only if you do not own them. currently I own the whole line, does this mean I will be compensated in credits, which it states and receive 4 additional 6,7,8,and 9 point captains in my reserve?

[SOFOP]
Members
237 posts
3,555 battles
7 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

I have a question to this since there are so many that Have been here for previous line splits. I just read this https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/158930-public-test-075/and I was wondering if the new ships get a 6,7,8,and 9 point captain only if you do not own them. currently I own the whole line, does this mean I will be compensated in credits, which it states and receive 4 additional 6,7,8,and 9 point captains in my reserve?

From the way that reads, it appears you have to actually own the ship (not just have it researched) in order to get the commanders.  If you only have it researched and not purchased, you just get the new ship researched and not purchased. 

That said, if its a duplicate scenario, you get the credits, the slots and the commander, which is generous.

T6 PENSA T7 NO T8 BALTI T8 CLEVE T9 BUFF
  T6 CLEV X     X  
  T7 PENA X X      
  T8 NO   X X    
  T9 BALTI     X  

X

If you have the T6 Cleveland and T7 Pensacola, you'll get 2.9m credits, 1 ship slot, and 1 6 point commander.

If you have the If you have the T7 Pensa and T8 NO, you'll get 5.5m credits, 1 ship slot, and 1 7 point commander.

If you have the T8 NO and T9 Balti, you'll get 8.5m credits, 1 ship slot, and 1 8 point commander.

Max credits would be around 17 million and change if you own all the ships already, along with 3 commanders (6,7,8 points) and 3 ship slots.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[DOG]
Members
437 posts
5,762 battles

Hmm.  I've got Omaha, which I am keeping, because it's actually fun to play.  So I'm set up to grind to the new tier VI and VII CLs if they end up looking any good.  I have Cleveland, which I also plan to keep, so I bought perma camo for it.  I have Pensacola, which I will probably only keep until the split.  It's okay, but not super fun.  Currently, I am just grinding it toward New Orleans (about 60k XP away).  So I didn't bother to buy perma camo.  I'm thinking I will probably get rid of Pensa, NO, and Balti after the split (assuming I can grind that far before it happens.)  I will probably keep the new tier IX, and then the Des Moines.  So I guess if I buy perma camo for the Balti it will be installed on the new tier IX for free?

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,009 posts
9,037 battles

All this info is good, but its all conjecture based on previous line splits. We really won’t know particulars until the 7.5 patch notes are released.

Edited by SavageTactical

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
315 posts
9,453 battles

it appears so. Also I noticed if you have perma camo on them already you will get the replacement ships camo'd for free plus you get the additional perma camo value in dubloons. interesting......................

I do know I read if you have the congradulatory camo it gets moved to the tier 8 Baltimore. so there is always that too

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,548 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

sell the Omaha, buy the Pensacola. From my understanding, you get a free port slot for each Cruiser from 6-9 you have in port. So having the Pensacola in port, means you'll get a port slot. Also from my understanding, having the Pensacola in port (not just researched), means you'll also start with the New Orleans in port once the split happens. So sell the ship you don't need, and buy back the Omaha after the split.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

From my understanding, you get a free port slot for each Cruiser from 6-9 you have in port.

With all due respect, that is not my understanding. My understanding is that the Cleveland gets its own port slot when it comes to Tier VIII and the Pensacola appears in the space it vacates.

I am in no hurry to advance to the New Orleans, and I intend to play the Pensacola for quite a while before moving up. The fact that I've pretty much already finished half the Tier VII CA grind and could have it all done by the time the split happens is nice, but I think I might be rushing things unduly if I jump straight up to Tier VII in US CA's. I'm not really comfortable in the Cleveland even now, and even though my cruiser experience is as high as Tier VIII, that's in British cruisers which have their own peculiarities and can hide whenever they need to; US cruisers can't. Tier VIII Cleveland is going to be a shock after Edinburgh, so if you're looking for a high tier seal to club, you'll know where to find one.

[PROJX]
Members
970 posts
15,744 battles
1 hour ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

Thanks!

-ThePwnageMachine

The recent Waterline video series stated that the compensation for the USN Cruiser Split will follow along the lines of the last VM DD line split.

If so, this is what should happen:

WOWS Enjoyment - When Lines Split...

WG has a very Player-friendly policy when a Tech Tree Line splits.  Players are generously compensated new ships depending on what ships they have in port at the time of the split.  This article explains the mechanics of what happens as of the 1st 2 line splits that occurred and what is anticipated for the 2018 USN Cruiser Line split in specific detail.  If you want to know what ships to have in your port to net some free ships w/o the grind, this post is for you. (This post will be kept current re: WG Policy as to what happens.)

In your case, this means:

• Your Pensa will move to T6 (with it's downgraded parameters for T6)
  • The new T7 New Orleans will also be in your port (ship that replaced the Pensa in its old slot). 
  • Your Cleveland will move to T8 in the new CL line (with upgraded parameters for T8). 
  • Having both the Cleve & Pensa will also earn you some silver since you would've gotten a compensation ship, but you already have the ship in the slot the compensation ship would've occupied.
Edited by hangglide42

[USMC2]
[USMC2]
Members
47 posts
8,988 battles

I'm really surprised on this, when I played World of Tanks, they just move your tank and you get where you end up, you don't get a replacement for what it was. Mostly I see lateral movements and new trees, so it gets weird.

I was impressed and happy they might give you the new ship and the one in the old place. Just in case though I kept the Cleveland and ground out the Des.