You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

New Game Modes ARE Coming!

62 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,478 posts
4,768 battles

Four new modes including one PUBG type game mode...  also, giving away a CCT crate to a random comment in the video, so entertain me.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts
6 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Four new modes including one PUBG type game mode...  also, giving away a CCT crate to a random comment in the video, so entertain me.

:Smile_sad:

[ICE9]
Members
846 posts

Looks interesting. I'll check it out in PT when it happens.

Zoup an Oracle? Maybe an Access or DBase, but not Oracle.

(sorry Zoup, couldn't resist a good programmer pun :cap_fainting:)

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,077 battles

Not interested in those modes guess I'm old fashion 

• Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,592 battles

Too much of the player base cannot handle the existing game modes.  Adding three or four more will overwhelm them.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
43 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Well as always Zoup, thanks for posting.

Entertain you ---- Okay I tell you a insult I picked up overseas, use next time someone rages on you "May the Fleas of a Thousand Camels infest your crotch hairs":cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,901 posts
5,719 battles

Might be cool. For this to work, they would need to be thoroughly explained in patch notes and in the client.

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,528 battles
50 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Four new modes including one PUBG type game mode...  

How big will the frying pan be that hangs off the stern?

• Funny 1

Members
54 posts
2,696 battles

I’m all for new games but this will dilute the the number of players for the random match.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,819 posts
10,379 battles

As much as I like the idea of forcing carriers into a 3km radius cage match, I don't know if some of these are that well thought out...

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

Fresh is good and these changes (AS ZOUPS ORACLE BOWL MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FORSEEN) will add even more dimension to the game. "BRAVO ZULU" 

War Gaming.:Smile_medal:

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,015 posts
9,092 battles

Haven’t seen your vid but read the dev blog post. Not really a fan, they seem way too cartoony. Great ideas for a silly Halloween event, not for a warship game.

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,059 battles

We have been needing new modes for almost 3 years now good good good. Make one that I can play alone or with someone.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[USMC2]
[USMC2]
Members
48 posts
9,044 battles

new game modes are nice, but a real solution needs worked on how to incentivize the playerbase on working as a team and focusing fire or scouting versus the yolo and bad play that we see a whole lot.

[SBS]
Members
2,486 posts
2,253 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

As much as I like the idea of forcing carriers into a 3km radius cage match, I don't know if some of these are that well thought out..

How could any ship other than a BB be expected to survive long in an ever shrinking map???  I assume it will be percentage based damage to make it "fair" but I just don't see it working well.  A BB will be fine losing 50% of its health, not a cruiser or DD.  How will DDs survive in confined quarters with radar?  

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

...so entertain me.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
47 minutes ago, mofton said:

As much as I like the idea of forcing carriers into a 3km radius cage match, I don't know if some of these are that well thought out...

I agree, they aren't ... right now, if i listen carefully, I can hear half the BB population screaming NOOOOOOO! The camping half. Wait for it.

Members
2,129 posts

Nothing to be excited about... If they want to add them, keep it out of randoms. I already had to deal with that horrible mode with AI control batteries and still have to deal with epicenter (which is only ok for 1 low tier map).

I'll be quitting the game if they add these stupid modes into the game for randoms without a way to filter them out 100%.

• Boring 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
949 posts
10,431 battles

All of these sounds like they will whither and die after 2 or 3 weeks from the lack of people that will be queuing them after the initial honeymoon period.  

• Cool 2

[RUST]
Beta Testers
949 posts
10,431 battles
1 hour ago, mofton said:

To elaborate on @mofton 's point. If your ship doesn't do well in < 3km range you have no incentive to queue your ship. Why would you bring a French cruiser to a game mode where it forces you to fight in QCB. What incentive is there for anyone to bring anything other than DDs into such a game mode? Less ship type and variety means less people in the queue which turns into an death spiral of lack of players in the queue and the death of the game mode.  This just seems like a horrible plan that no one have actually thought it through beyond "i'll be cool if we copy+paste PUBG into WoWS"

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

for the shrinking bunghole mode....what are CVs supposed to do.  Not that I like CV play in the least.  But still I gotta wonder. 

Perhaps this is the time to Intro the early Lexington hull that includes its 8-inch gun turrets so that at least one CV can brawl with other classes when the no damage sphincter reduces to a 3km radius.   

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,071 battles

Hey MorbidGamer..

ok you stop that!  Your no little kid!

They gotta do something.  The current status quo is going to start shedding players soon.  One of the big BIG things in MMO's (and this is an MMO, even if it's not an MMORPG or MMOFPS) is your game lives or dies by the amount of content it has.   They've only a few more lines of ships to go before all the major gunship navies are covered.  At that point we'll likely see a number of minor navies get a nod for ships up to tier 8 at the most.  Various and assorted South American navies, the Turks, Greeks, and Austrians etc.  Then of course there's always more maps that could be made, and maybe at some point (I hope) something like front line mode from world of tanks, and some sort of macro level clan wars game (clan leaders do  alliances, strategic and operational planning, then players go fight it out for the prize) but random battles are getting rapidly stale due to the same old same old.  They can introduce new maps but that doesn't work.. It hasn't affected the meta one whit and the meta is going to kill the game eventually

if something is not done to change it

Camp at the back and snipe and suddenly find that all the rest of your team is dead because your guns only hit with half the round they needed to because of the range to target.  Getting far to much of "To Little, To Late"   this is not world of tanks.. In world of tanks with 15 players per side it is possible for one player to have scored the kill shots on all 15 opponents (check you tube there is video proof it can be done)

However in world of warships getting a kraken in difficult.  I've played since launch and the best I've ever managed in one match was 6 kills, and I've done that exactly twice in the last two years.  I'm no super player but I am in the upper 50% of skill.  The most kills I think I've seen is 8 in a match though there might be a 10 kill match out there, well.. even Krakens are not common.. but getting a Kraken requires shooting the right target at the right time.  Getting a Kolobanov's medal in world of tanks is easier!  Tanks is an FPS with tanks.. Waships is a FPS with self propelled artillery batteries and mobile torpedo launchers... and a lot less cover!

A lot of player have gotten locked on one single style of play that is a totally attrition based tactic  (Back camp and snipe) that simply doesn't work unless  the other team cooperates by being good targets.  Something that as time has gone on has become less and less effective because players do learn.. Teams with to many players in the match camping usually loose the match.   The obvious point of these new modes is to not just discourage camp and snipe but break it as a mass team tactic outright.    The problem is, is that players are not learning this with sufficient speed and its hurting the game.  Far to many matches see teams head for cover and surrender the initiative so badly that the match has become a foregone conclusion before it even hits the 5 minute mark.  Just look at the mini map.. if you have DD's at the caps but no CA's or BB's in position to fire at what fires at the DD's then your most likely going to loose those DD's.  Once a team loses it's DD's  because the rest of the team would not commit and support ...

I've seen teams recover from this but its damd rare.

It has to change.  And the only way change it that is to force players to change up how they do things or be guaranteed  to lose otherwise.  And the best way to do that is match conditions that force players to take risks.  All these modes described do just that.. commit to action or lose.  Play the objectives or loose.   Damaging ships and sinking ship, that's not the objective of the fight.. winning the match is the objective..Damaging and sinking ships is simply process.  Like pulling into traffic in a car to go to work.  The object is to get to your place of work.. driving the car is part of what you do to get there.. unless your as NASCAR or formula driver, though I might note they ALL drive to win.   A good car, and good driver skills are a minimum requirement.   The rest is a small matter of competitive driving and at 200 MPH you have no friends, just physics.

So don't be quitting the game just because new match modes are introduced.  Figure out the changes, figure out how to use them rapaciously to your advantage, and go fight and win.

Gets old hearing "if you change that I quit!"

All I gotta say to you is "The changes are gonna happen.  Stay or go.  It's always been YOUR choice"

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1