Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

PTS 7.5 starts tomorrow

30 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,932 battles

Public Test 0.7.5

⇓ Jump to Test Content! ⇓

image.png.c5bf40b4d3befa7dedcb716954c3e911.png
ROUND 1 STARTS: Thu. May 17 5:00 AM PT / your local time: Thu. May 17 2:00 PM
ROUND 1 ENDS: Mon. May 21 5:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. May 21 2:00 PM

US Cruisers | American Cruiser Collection | "Hit Hard! hit Fast! Hit Often!" Campaign | Battle UI | Audio Improvements | Other Tweaks

US Cruisers 

The US tech tree's cruiser branch is in for a serious reshuffle! Starting at Tier VI, the US cruiser line splits into heavy and light cruisers. 

Update 0.7.5 will realign the tech tree of U.S. heavy cruisers, sending flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland  to Tier VIII of the light cruiser line. Try out the new ships and find out more about the rules of replacement during the Public Test. The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved.

Changes start at Tier VI where the traditionally expected flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland  will be replaced with flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVII Pensacola  followed by flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVIII New Orleans and flag_USA.pngnormal.pngIX Baltimore . A new ship—flag_USA.pngnormal.pngIX Buffalo —takes her place at Tier IX. The ship carries twelve 203mm guns with super heavy AP rounds, perfectly embodying the notion of a heavy cruiser in the game. Excellent damage from a full broadside, a decent pool of hit points, and a 27mm plating to protect the ship's fore and aft ends. Add to it a vast selection of consumables, and the ship stands out as a formidable adversary in medium-range encounters with other cruisers and destroyers.

The parameters of ships shifted down the tech tree were readjusted accordingly, but their overall performance at their "new" tiers may turn out to be even better than that of their predecessors. flag_USA.pngnormal.pngX Des Moines  will continue to hold the reins at Tier X of the heavy line with a lightning-fast main gun reload and outstanding AA defenses.

Good ol' flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland  is taken two tiers up to her new place in the split line of light cruisers. We've improved the ship's parameters by giving her a faster main guns reload time and a higher turret traverse speed, more HP and an option to equip "Hydroacoustic Search", "Surveillance Radar" and "Defensive AA Fire" at the same time. In Update 0.7.5, flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland will be the only representative of the line of U.S. light cruisers. The other ships will join the fleet very soon.

American Cruisers Collection

Update 0.7.5 also brings a new permanent Collection! It's all about US cruisers and the US Navy in general. The collection will consist of 48 items divided into eight thematic subcollections. By completing those subcollections, players will be able to change the color patterns of standard camouflages applied to U.S. ships and mount a second flag. Collectible items will come in "American" containers that will be delivered to you for completing dedicated combat missions.

Once the Update goes live, American containers will give you a chance to get combat missions which, once completed, will land Premium ships like flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVII Sims,  flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVI Monaghan , flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVII Atlanta flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVIII Kidd  and the revamped, researchable flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland  right in your Port! Collectible items may also come in daily containers after you've obtained your first collectible item. 

"Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!" Campaign

The new Collection arrives with a new permanent Campaign! Its name derives from a favorite saying of Fleet Admiral William Halsey, the renowned US Navy Admiral this Campaign is dedicated to. You can recruit him as a Unique Commander by completing the final task of the fifth mission! During the Public Test, you can put Halsey's skills to the test after completing the final task of the third mission.

4bafc64a-5848-11e8-8108-d89d6715223c.png

You'll have a whole range of tasks with a variety of conditions available for you, including those that can be completed in Clan and Ranked Battles. Successful progression through the tasks will bring you many useful rewards, including an expendable "American" camo and supercontainers! Just like in our other campaigns, stars will be issued for every completion of a given task while rewards will only be issued once.

Complete the final task of the second mission during the Public Test to get Yamamoto Isoroku, a unique Commander that will obtain the "Expert Marksman" and "Preventive Maintenance" enhanced skills with the release of Update 0.7.5 in addition to the talents he already has.

Please note that the Public Test version of the Collection and Campaign are noticeably easier than their final, live server counterparts.  Also, conditions of various tasks and rewards for completing them may differ substantially.

Battle UI

In the previous Update, we added ribbons for aerial bombs. This time, we're adding a "Spotted" ribbon. The new ribbon will be issued when you spot a ship that is spotted for the first time or gets spotted again after remaining undetected for at least 90 seconds of battle time.

e8b81ed8-5852-11e8-8b64-d89d6715223c_330

In response to numerous requests from players, a ship's direction vector will now be displayed in the game. Now, once you are locked on a target enemy ship, the Minimap will clearly show the direction of that ship's movement. By aligning your own vector and that of an enemy ship, you'll be able to fire more effectively.

4c1a250c-5853-11e8-8243-d89d6715223c.jpg

Audio Improvements

Work never stops to further enhance the in-game audio. This time, we're adding additional sounds to ports. In many ports like Hamburg or Marseille we've added sound effects for planes flying across the sky and ships passing by. In the Black Sea port, we added sound effects for activities on the square. In the Philippines port, church sounds can be heard. These sounds will be available for "High" and "Ultra" audio presets when the "Play music in port" setting is off.  All details about the forthcoming new audio features will be available in the full list of changes that will be released with the Update. Even on the Polar map, the aircraft flying up in the sky will have a new set of sound effects.

Don't have a powerful PC configuration? Here is good news for you! The "Low" audio setting has been further optimized to release even more resources. With this option selected, ship engines will be silenced and ambient sounds will be turned off. The maximum effect will be achieved for PC configurations running a 32-bit operating system with limited RAM resources.

Other Improvements and Fixes

We've rolled out a minor update to the Unsportsmanlike Conduct Prevention System. Now, when a player's torpedoes hit an allied ship, mirror damage will be inflicted on that player only after receiving an allied damage warning. Immediate infliction of mirror damage for torpedo hits occasionally resulted in situations when a team lost two players at a time, which apparently didn't add to that team's chances for victory.

Smoke screens will now be visible from all distances regardless of graphics settings or hardware configuration. Previously, the rendering sequence applied to smoke screens could be broken, making any deployed smoke invisible in the binoculars view.

• Cool 3

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Sounds good! Thanks for the details, can't wait for these new goodies and objectives to come rolling out.

[INTEL]
Members
655 posts
7,602 battles

Containers with Combat Mission for Premium Tier VI  Monaghan (among others)

Here's to hoping the chances aren't too low.

Edited by ClassicLib
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
5,192 posts
18,932 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

Containers with Combat Mission for Premium Tier VI  Monaghan (among others)

Here's to hoping the chances aren't too low.

Once the Update goes live, American containers will give you a chance to get combat missions which, once completed, will land Premium ships like flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVII Sims,  flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVI Monaghan , flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVII Atlanta flag_USA.pngpremium.pngVIII Kidd  and the revamped, researchable flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland  right in your Port! Collectible items may also come in daily containers after you've obtained your first collectible item. 

Hope with live they mean the live server and not the PTS server.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
7 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Hope with live they mean the live server and not the PTS server.

Most likely the live server. I doubt WG would only do this on the PTS because of the lack of players on it. Plus, there's money to be made somewhere...

Edited by Rpkscout1

[ARGSY]
5,192 posts
18,932 battles
12 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

Most likely the live server. I doubt WG would only do this on the PTS because of the lack of players on it. Plus, there's money to be made somewhere...

I think also but there were some cases when the patchnotes were not complete clear where you can get the stuff so people start complaining.

Giving those ships away will not hurt WG too much. First the chances maybe low. Second: the Sims and Atlanta are long enough ingame, so players that didn't own her by now may not buy her later. There isn't much money in a T6 DD, the only big reward is the Kidd. So yep, will be ok on the live server.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,034 posts
8,285 battles

This'll get me playing again.

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,015 posts
9,092 battles

I’d be more excited, but I’m afraid the Pensacola's turret traverse is severely nerfed and the light cruisers shell drag is still horrendous. 

Ironically, I now have all of those premium ships (except Monaghan of course) and the Cleveland. However, if I win one the port slot and gold/silver equalivalent will be welcomed.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles

Last time I was on the PTS, the ships that were auto-unlocked were Tier 1, 7, 8 of all nations. Hopefully they have auto-unlocked all the US cruisers at T6 or above so we don't have to grind.

I like the idea of being able to win a chance at a US premium ship, however trifling the chance or ship may be. Alas, I suspect we will see a lot of container-purchasing madness in an effort to get the mission unlocks, much as we saw with the French battleships in an effort to get Richelieu. And if this goes on forever (and possibly even more so if it doesn't), sodium and chlorine may replace hydrogen as the universe's most common chemical element. :Smile_popcorn: (Also, do I read correctly that we will have an opportunity to keep a Tier VI Cleveland?? That's got to be a typo, right? Or maybe they're offering people who never ground her at Tier VI to win her at Tier VIII before the Dallas and Helena turn up, which could be interesting.)

If these collections and missions are permanent (or at least keep on coming out indefinitely), the free-to-play crowd should be really, really happy. I may be a paying player now, but only for certain things, so I'm not going to turn my nose up at the chance of a premium ship!

Anyone who recently made a lot of noise complaining about lack of recognition for spotting now owes WG a vote of thanks. Thing is, if they were responsible for said changes, they should have known this was coming and have had no reason to make a lot of noise about it. Together with the spotting-damage counter (which we got in the last patch), this should really give encouragement to aware and motivated DD players who want to take on a passive spotting/torping role and keep their guns quiet.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,305 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

This'll get me playing again.

HI REYMU!

[RAWDY]
Beta Testers
138 posts
6,711 battles

Has there been any announcements of what the exact conversions will be? Based on the russian DD split, a Cleveland in port will most likely give you a Penacola, plus the equivalent t6 CL, and the cleveland at t8. And we know that owning a Pensacola will grant you the updated t6 Pens, plus the t7 New Orleans. What happens after t8 though. Seeing a lot of people out there thinking that owning a Des Moines will automatically grant a Worcester on patch day. 

Edit: already found this post which has all the information. 

Edited by Sullen_Maximus

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles
49 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

Seeing a lot of people out there thinking that owning a Des Moines will automatically grant a Worcester on patch day. 

Nope, and having a Cleveland won't grant you a Dallas either. The general consensus seems to be that having a Tier (insert value here) cruiser in the main line will ensure you have a cruiser of that same tier in the main (heavy) line afterwards, whichever cruiser is occupying that tier post-split. The only light cruiser you will get out of this is Cleveland in her new Tier VIII form, which you must then grind or Free-XP to get the Seattle and Worcester when they are released one patch later.

It shouldn't be hard for dedicated players with oodles of time and flags and camo on their hands to have Tier VIII Cleveland fully ground up and ready to move to Seattle as soon as the remaining CL's are ready in 7.6; likewise Omaha to Dallas (even I, a seal-potato, managed Omaha to Cleveland in a day with premium time and some camo/flags). That will save the maximum amount of free XP for them to immediately research Helena and Worcester if they wish, but I do not think Dallas will be much of a grind and the sane ones will want to play Seattle for a while if only to see what she's like.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles
4 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved.

Uhhh... WHAT?

How does one do anything in a first round without replacing and moving "the heavy ships"? 

Presumably "the heavy ships" means the ships currently in the CA line.  But what exactly does "round" mean?  Release versions?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles
4 hours ago, Rpkscout1 said:

PTS because of the lack of players on it.

The more they stiff players on PT rewards, the fewer PT players they will have. 

Although I have always played in the PTs, I am very much on the fence about participating in any more.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Last time I was on the PTS, the ships that were auto-unlocked were Tier 1, 7, 8 of all nations. Hopefully they have auto-unlocked all the US cruisers at T6 or above so we don't have to grind.

The best way would be to apply the split to what you have on the live server at that moment, so we can see exactly what will happen when it goes live.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

The best way would be to apply the split to what you have on the live server at that moment, so we can see exactly what will happen when it goes live.

You could make a case for that, but OTOH I think it's more important to Wargaming that people play with all of the heavy cruisers which have been re-tiered, and with Cleveland at Tier VIII. They then have one more chance to buff (or rather de-nerf) Pensacola's turret rotation if enough non-CC, non-supertester players think it's necessary.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

if enough non-CC, non-supertester players think it's necessary.

That would be a good use -- if there was a feedback mechanism for PT players to register their impressions.  There is not.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That would be a good use -- if there was a feedback mechanism for PT players to register their impressions.  There is not.

Really? 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Really? 

Oh, there's a thread.  Ever read it?  There is rarely anything about how the PT plays or specific changes.  People only use it to report problems, mostly with logging in. 

To be fair, there is often a survey that somehow gets disseminated well before Part 1 ends.  Even there, the question format is "did you try X, did you like X?". 

No, by PT the ship stats are set.  They are testing the mechanisms.

Actually, the thread you linked is using a different format from previous.  Maybe they are going to consider play feedback.

Edited by iDuckman

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

People only use it to report problems,

Then I suggest you use it to report any problems you have with the ships' performance. Nothing stopping you; can't hurt. Just be civil. :Smile_great:

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles

When am I not civil?  I mean, that's why they have civil actions, right?

[NG-NL]
Members
5,034 posts
8,285 battles
6 hours ago, RobertViktor68 said:

HI REYMU!

Hello to you.

Not to derail the thread, but whatever was your reason calling me out? Was under the impression that after my dummy move, everyone in QP simply blacklisted me.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,418 posts

so still no fixes for Yamato 18inch AP doing 0 damage when game registers the hit as a penetration (not overpen)?

Guess the ship ain't Russian it don't get fixed eh?

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this