Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Ranked, has this happened to you?

12 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,836 battles

I had three awesome games in my Roma to start off ranked play yesterday. All three games I was over 150k damage and had multiple kills, three straight wins. Then in the next two games, EVERY shell hit was 1200 points of damage. It didn't matter if I was shooting at Battleships, Cruisers, or Destroyers. Perfectly broadside battleship......blap.....1200 points of damage per shell. It was as if no matter what I did RNG was saying you will not have an impact on this game. Predictably we lost both games and I blame myself. Look at my stats, I am a high-level battleship player, I didn't suddenly have a stroke and forget how to aim. I can understand maybe you have an off game but two games in a row where your shells are landing where they should be but all you see is 1200 1200 1200. I had 38 hits for 48k damage. Part of me thinks that it could be rigged to prevent you from ranking out too fast and to ensure you have to play a minimum amount of games. That is probably just frustration and confirmation bias speaking.

Members
1,640 posts
7,476 battles
6 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Roma

Roma has a tendency to be unreliable, most if not all reviews of her stated this. You're just getting gimmicked a bit by her it seems.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,017 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I had three awesome games in my Roma to start off ranked play yesterday. All three games I was over 150k damage and had multiple kills, three straight wins. Then in the next two games, EVERY shell hit was 1200 points of damage. It didn't matter if I was shooting at Battleships, Cruisers, or Destroyers. Perfectly broadside battleship......blap.....1200 points of damage per shell. It was as if no matter what I did RNG was saying you will not have an impact on this game. Predictably we lost both games and I blame myself. Look at my stats, I am a high-level battleship player, I didn't suddenly have a stroke and forget how to aim. I can understand maybe you have an off game but two games in a row where your shells are landing where they should be but all you see is 1200 1200 1200. I had 38 hits for 48k damage. Part of me thinks that it could be rigged to prevent you from ranking out too fast and to ensure you have to play a minimum amount of games. That is probably just frustration and confirmation bias speaking.

Well considering how crazy the Roma guns can be, this isn’t surprising. The high pen and ridiculous spread means pretty much any broadside cruiser or dd gets away with just overpens. Broadside bb’s usually eat some damage but can get only take pens and overpens if angled enough or you get normal rng.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles
34 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

The first who posts a tinfoil hat gets a like.

6a00d8341d368753ef01b8d2bc84a9970c.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[BLHK]
Members
350 posts
3,442 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I have had the same thing happen in Random battles. Solution.........very small amounts of lag. I have found going into my computer and closing processes not currently needed helps get my accuracy back.  

I think after a couple of thousand battles, you can tell pretty quickly if you are just having a bad day or something else is letting you down.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,836 battles
2 hours ago, MG1962 said:

I have had the same thing happen in Random battles. Solution.........very small amounts of lag. I have found going into my computer and closing processes not currently needed helps get my accuracy back.  

I think after a couple of thousand battles, you can tell pretty quickly if you are just having a bad day or something else is letting you down.

I never thought of that, I downloaded a program called AMD Fusion that shuts down all non-essential functions when gaming. 

[BLHK]
Members
350 posts
3,442 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I never thought of that, I downloaded a program called AMD Fusion that shuts down all non-essential functions when gaming. 

Let us know how it works out.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
6 hours ago, Belthorian said:

all you see is 1200 1200 1200. I had 38 hits for 48k damage

I bet they were all kill steals as well, as thats all the health they had left, but seriously I was div'ed with him and he will watch you die to secure your kill

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,836 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I bet they were all kill steals as well, as thats all the health they had left, but seriously I was div'ed with him and he will watch you die to secure your kill

lol I am not the criminal here!!!!!!

[R-F1]
Members
507 posts
21,697 battles

I have suspected this kind of "R"ng for some time and have written about it many times.  Often met with riducule, but quite a few have agreed there is gremlins in the system.  Hell 10 mins ago I was hit by a Kurf, in a Khab, for 3 consecutive salvos with ap, (well 2, then kill shot) for 10k dmg at 20km or so while speed boosted and turning sporadically.  Sometimes the game just tells you "you're not winning today".  

Sign in to follow this