You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

How is the premier league meta?

26 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles

Just got to the premiere league after playing a few games in the First League (6-10).

What's the meta like in Premiere? Similar to the 6-10 meta? Better? Worse?

I'm assuming the playerbase there is better so most people have a somewhat lower WR there than the higher ranks (6-10, 10+). Is that a common experience? Or have enough potatoes gotten up into 1-5 through sheer force of will to make it a repeat of 6-10?

[HE]
Members
174 posts
1,567 battles

As one of the potatoes, the premier league is more toxic.

I have seen many people playing for the star rather than winning

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,131 battles
5 hours ago, Berlimawurst said:

Why not just play to win rather than play to save a star?  Winning will always guarantee your star.

• Cool 2

[UEFN]
Members
391 posts
11,828 battles
10 hours ago, enderland07 said:

Just got to the premiere league after playing a few games in the First League (6-10).

What's the meta like in Premiere? Similar to the 6-10 meta? Better? Worse?

I'm assuming the playerbase there is better so most people have a somewhat lower WR there than the higher ranks (6-10, 10+). Is that a common experience? Or have enough potatoes gotten up into 1-5 through sheer force of will to make it a repeat of 6-10?

It is much worst in Premiere rank, First league at least some players are still trying hard to get to R5, while in Premiere leagues i'm seeing significant amount of players are fighting to keep the star instead of fighting to win.  The finger pointing and blaming games are also off the chart in Premiere, R5~2 have some of the most toxic players you'll find there.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Why not just play to win rather than play to save a star?  Winning will always guarantee your star.

That's been my approach. I've maintained a really good WR so far, these posts aren't making me feel good about keeping that from 5-->1.

[NFW]
Members
47 posts
819 battles
12 hours ago, Berlimawurst said:

And so much salt and tears when things do not go their way.... The chat lights on fire from time to time with 'un-spotsman like' verbiage.

[SUCIT]
Members
837 posts
3,650 battles
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

And that's the reason I have an 80something % WR this ranked season.  The amount of times I've seen people just trying to save a star is sickening.  

Play to win, and you'll save your damn star.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
8 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

And that's the reason I have an 80something % WR this ranked season.  The amount of times I've seen people just trying to save a star is sickening.  

Play to win, and you'll save your damn star.

I'm kind of curious what boat is a good carry boat in the premier league. In the 6-10 league, the Hindenburg 100% can carry, not sure I'm going to see the same in the Premier.

[RUSHB]
Members
14 posts
5,850 battles

Wait hang on, I hit rank one a few weeks ago and I never saw more than one person in the superleague queue. Have you gotten to play a game in it yet?

Also unrelated question this is the third season that I have hit rank one, when do they give out the reward ships?

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
135 posts
7,201 battles
53 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

That's been my approach. I've maintained a really good WR so far, these posts aren't making me feel good about keeping that from 5-->1.

Don't stress over maintaining a high WR. It will drop a bit no matter what in the 5-2 bracket due to the type of players you'll face in there as it can be a struggle. Just focus on winning games and earning those stars as quickly as possible - that's all that matters.

3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I'm kind of curious what boat is a good carry boat in the premier league. In the 6-10 league, the Hindenburg 100% can carry, not sure I'm going to see the same in the Premier.

I ranked out last Saturday using only the Hindy with a 19-point captain (and was my ship in the prior Clan Battles season), and from what I've seen it's still current in the Premier meta. There is a lot of good players slugging it out up there, but there's also a lot of bad players that creeped up there after spamming 300 to 500+ battles, just like every season.

But don't take it out if you're not comfortable with her or with the only intent to just save stars. It's only going to take you longer (or not) to rank out if you just have that mindset.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
Just now, Termx said:

Don't stress over maintaining a high WR. It will drop a bit no matter what in the 5-2 bracket due to the type of players you'll face in there as it can be a struggle. Just focus on winning games and earning those stars as quickly as possible - that's all that matters.

But don't take it out if you're not comfortable with her or with the only intent to just save stars. It's only going to take you longer (or not) to rank out if you just have that mindset.

I think the main thing is it took me less than 40 games to go from 10-->5 (70%+ WR) so I'm expecting a bit of disappointment in 5-2 :-)

[SUCIT]
Members
837 posts
3,650 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I only have like 30 battles this season an I think I'm at rank 8 rank.  I used the LoYang and the Kidd mainly to get to 10, and I'm undefeated in T10 ranked using the Gearing and the DM.  A properly played DM can ruin any DD, and there are an abundance of DDs this season.  

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
135 posts
7,201 battles
5 minutes ago, Jakefromst8faarm said:

Wait hang on, I hit rank one a few weeks ago and I never saw more than one person in the superleague queue. Have you gotten to play a game in it yet?

Also unrelated question this is the third season that I have hit rank one, when do they give out the reward ships?

No one bothers with the superleague queue because after grinding through ranked, why play some more? Also, the rewards are MEH. It's only a container for the top 2 XP earners. And considering that the queues will be super long because those that ranked out is a minor percent of all that play Ranked, it's not possible unless you coordinate with others that ranked out in order to start some games.

They give out the rewards shortly after the season ends. It's not automated, a support staff has to manually add it to the account. So those that earn them will get them within a week when they start to add them to accounts.

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
135 posts
7,201 battles
20 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I think the main thing is it took me less than 40 games to go from 10-->5 (70%+ WR) so I'm expecting a bit of disappointment in 5-2 :-)

I personally maintained a 62% WR when I finally reached rank 2 and 2 stars. But the last 3 stars I needed was a struggle, real bad teams that keep forcing me to save my star at the end. In the end, it took me 17 battles just to get those rare wins in order to ranked out. It also dropped my WR down to like 59.84%. It was typical weekend players and I should've taken a break and try another day. But I was being impatient and just want to get it over with.

Sometimes you just have those lucky days and rank out quickly, or matchmaker says "NO"....play some more. :Smile-_tongue:

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
3 minutes ago, Termx said:

I personally maintained a 62% WR when I finally reached rank 2 and 2 stars. But the last 3 stars I needed was a struggle, real bad teams that keep forcing me to save my star at the end. In the end, it took me 17 battles just to get those rare wins in order to ranked out. It also dropped my WR down to like 59.84%. It was typical weekend players and I should've taken a break and try another day. But I was being impatient and just want to get it over with.

Sometimes you just had those lucky days and rank out quickly, or matchmaker says "NO"....play some more. :Smile-_tongue:

I guess that's true. Will be curious to see how the next few stars go. 

Competition is definitely harder so far in the <6 queue.

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,131 battles
17 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I'm with you here.  I'm currently at Rank 5 and am curious to see how the 5-1 grind changes moving forward.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,826 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm with you here.  I'm currently at Rank 5 and am curious to see how the 5-1 grind changes moving forward.

Hopefully you have better luck.

With <40 games to get to Rank 5, I had a delightful 1/12 streak that put me back to 7.3.....

Members
460 posts
12,461 battles

From watching a few games on Twitch last night, it looks like World of Hindenburg. I watched multiple games with 6+ Hindenburgs in them. Kind of funny because if you're playing with multiple other Hindenburgs, it makes it trickier to keep your star.

[SF-3]
Members
1,537 posts
8,169 battles

How does one play to save a star? I have been hearing people say it all season, what does this actually look like? Ships playing cautiously, not yoloing, fighting from effective ranges, etc...?

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
135 posts
7,201 battles
57 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

How does one play to save a star? I have been hearing people say it all season, what does this actually look like? Ships playing cautiously, not yoloing, fighting from effective ranges, etc...?

They play passive and safe from the start of the match just sitting back in the rear. When the team is about to loose then they start pushing hard to take either a cap and do as much damage/kills as possible, even ram if needed.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Haven't played ranked in a week, but when I got to ranks 5-1, I didn't see much salt at all. It was actually all around skilled play.

Maybe that's changed as more people ranked up.

[POP]
Members
38 posts
2,525 battles

Well Man City won it this year with former champs Chelsea finishing outside the top 4. Man U finished second but doesn't seem to know how to make full use of their talent. Liverpool had an interesting run for 4th and had a player that scored more in a season than anyone in their history.

Ohhh... waitt....

The higher you go in ranked ships the more anger people get and start attacking teammates before a game is truly decided. The meta is anger and not falling to that level. It's a game.

Members
309 posts
21 hours ago, Jakefromst8faarm said:

Not until like 2-3 weeks after the season ends.

Why they don't just tell some intern to do it day by day, or get someone to just take 10 mins out of lunch and do all the rank out rewards for the last day (or 3 for weekends) is beyond me

[R-F1]
Members
507 posts
21,697 battles

or better yet write a line of code equivalent to rank 1 * (X) = [SHIP].  (forgive my programming illiteracy) 

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
135 posts
7,201 battles
41 minutes ago, intixw said:

Not until like 2-3 weeks after the season ends.

Why they don't just tell some intern to do it day by day, or get someone to just take 10 mins out of lunch and do all the rank out rewards for the last day (or 3 for weekends) is beyond me

Because when it comes to tournament/competitive type game modes, you need to take the time to analyze the data. Not only to help the developers understand with how well it went, but also to assist a LiveOps team to issue the rewards to accounts that earn the reward. Any time you have competitive type events in a game, you're going to encounter a few that will use 3rd party tools or by exploiting game mechanics to push to the top in less effort. So you have to take the time to verify that the win was legit.

They may have other reasons, but this is the common reason for most game companies when it comes to reward delays after similar events like this take place.