Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Kronstadt - FXP Ship?

24 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Had a busy two week patrol - plenty of OT dealing with other folks trauma and drama - but a really messed up sleep schedule, that didn't leave much time to peruse the forum.

However, I did see a couple vids featuring the Kronstadt - but a quick search didn't come up with any mention of how it would be offered (likely meaning that it hasn't been announced, I guess).

Is there a general consensus, though?  Purchasable, reward or FXP?

I got Missouri, just before it was removed - and have been hoarding FXP since, with an eye to cashing it in on Musashi - but I believe I'll hang on to that FXP until an announcement regarding Kronstadt is made.

What are your thoughts on how it will be offered? 

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles

Obviously free xp ship as I don't see something like this being a ranked reward as it is too unique for that. A lot of the Russian fan base would get ticked if they couldn't get their hands on at least Kronstadt. According to waterline 1.1 2 min in new currencies are being developed coal and steel. Both are designed to be attained at higher tiers while steel is specifically designed to be earned in Ranked and clan battles. This will allow for Stalingrad to be obtained in this way. I have no idea on if Wg will lock Kronsdat behind this system. It would seem not to be the case as the ship has been added to the wiki which means if drops in 7.5 or 7.6 it has been in testing for awhile as well. I don't see a 7.4 release as no teaser articles have been posted yet if there is a tease article present then we may have it in 7.5 for sure. A long answer I know just trying to address all the key points.  

Having Musashi and Missouri I play Missouri more. Musashi I rarely use unless I have to specifically use Japansese BB's for a campaign or mission in game save it still see what happens.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
4,834 posts
13,768 battles

Insufficient data at this point.

WG has stated they want to add more ship of different types to the Free Exp purchasable category.

What the plan is for the Kronstadt is still unclear to the general public. 

You should be be proud you got the USS Show-Me-The-MOney before it went away. But I wouldn't be in a rush to get the Musashi. I have both and I would rather play the Missouri. Look at it this way, a massive pile of Free Exp just means you have options. And options are cool. 

:cap_cool: 

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,682 battles
50 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Obviously free xp ship as I don't see something like this being a ranked reward as it is too unique for that. A lot of the Russian fan base would get ticked if they couldn't get their hands on at least Kronstadt. According to waterline 1.1 2 min in new currencies are being developed coal and steel. Both are designed to be attained at higher tiers while steel is specifically designed to be earned in Ranked and clan battles. This will allow for Stalingrad to be obtained in this way. I have no idea on if Wg will lock Kronsdat behind this system. It would seem not to be the case as the ship has been added to the wiki which means if drops in 7.5 or 7.6 it has been in testing for awhile as well. I don't see a 7.4 release as no teaser articles have been posted yet if there is a tease article present then we may have it in 7.5 for sure. A long answer I know just trying to address all the key points.  

Having Musashi and Missouri I play Missouri more. Musashi I rarely use unless I have to specifically use Japansese BB's for a campaign or mission in game save it still see what happens.

Just some info to add to landedkiller’s summary here - A WG rep stated a while back that “the next Free XP ship would not be a BB for a change”.  This seems to suggest that the Kronshtadt would likely be the Free XP ship.  

There have also been previous hints by WG that you will be  able to earn the Stalingrad by other means than as a Clan Battle reward.  This info coupled w/ the recent Waterline videos suggest that the new “coal” & “steel” currency mechanisms are going to be the likely vehicles for earning this ship.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,295 posts
6,552 battles

Sub Octavian stated in a Q&A that WG is planning a non-BB Free XP ship, with no further Detail on what it might be.

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles

Got 750k Fxp ready for her when she comes out, because I didn't really see alternatives. However theres a chance she'll be a coal reward instead.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles

If they make Kronstadt a Free XP ship, and Stalingrad a reward/ coal & steel ship, then I would hope they would allow players to choose in between reward ships with their steel and coal, not only Stalingrad, but Flint, and Black as well. I also hope they make them SUPER expensive to get this way, and never start selling the steel and coal for cash, so that these rare sights, remain rare sights... but to the hardcore dedicated players who set long term goals there IS hope to one day get to choose an OP supership... ( OK I'll spit it out : I want Black)

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles
7 hours ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

Had a busy two week patrol - plenty of OT dealing with other folks trauma and drama - but a really messed up sleep schedule, that didn't leave much time to peruse the forum.

However, I did see a couple vids featuring the Kronstadt - but a quick search didn't come up with any mention of how it would be offered (likely meaning that it hasn't been announced, I guess).

Is there a general consensus, though?  Purchasable, reward or FXP?

I got Missouri, just before it was removed - and have been hoarding FXP since, with an eye to cashing it in on Musashi - but I believe I'll hang on to that FXP until an announcement regarding Kronstadt is made.

What are your thoughts on how it will be offered? 

Stalingrad is also at CC disposal. Maybe the Stalingrad is the next free XP ship ?

Members
309 posts
16 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Stalingrad is also at CC disposal. Maybe the Stalingrad is the next free XP ship ?

Stalingrad was announced months ago to be the clan battles reward ship.

18 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

If they make Kronstadt a Free XP ship, and Stalingrad a reward/ coal & steel ship, then I would hope they would allow players to choose in between reward ships with their steel and coal, not only Stalingrad, but Flint, and Black as well

WG's intent seems to be to unify ranked and clan reward structure, so that instead of having to do both to get the relevant reward ships, you could just do one, then buy the "other's" reward ship with steel.

Coal is for something else, at this point I expect it to be for those T10 modules WG teased, maybe some perma camos.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
7 hours ago, landedkiller said:

I have both Musashi and Missouri and hardly ever play either of them unfortunately.

After Tier 8, the fun factor of the game really begins to peter out as things get more campy and static.   Tiers 4-7 are really the best tiers in this game.

If this comes out as some variation on a free xp ship I’ll probably pick it up, just in case they figure out how to fix high tier gameplay.  Because I’m a shill.

• Cool 1

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Thank you very much for the responses - it sounds like theres a better-than-average chance the Kronstadt will be the first non-BB FXP ship.

I believe (as a few of you suggested) I'll hold off on purchasing Musashi, and save that FXP for the possible purchase of Kronstadt. 

Thanks again!

[-TAB-]
Members
1,330 posts
6,960 battles
8 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Well I mean they already have Stalingrad slated for a CW reward, which means a completely unique ship for gated content. This I also something other game companies learned is a big no no almost a decade ago. This is also why me and a bunch of other very large whales have completely shut out wallets to WG until it changes ..as in a general ungated method of acquiring is in official patch notes.

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
1 hour ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Kron looks dope and as a vmf fanboi I feel obligated to get it,  but honestly see little reason for it having a Kutuzov

Except that it will be a tier higher - meaning a little more parity when facing a T10 heavy match, and the play-styles look to be very, very different - more like a higher tier Scharnhorst, rather than an up-armored, up-ranged RN cruiser with access to HE (which, imho, the Kutu more closely resembles).

I have Kutuzov, as well - but it's 19 point commander (skilled with IFHE) wouldn't be my first choice aboard Kronstadt.

[OPG]
Members
3,967 posts
5,657 battles
1 hour ago, zarth12 said:

Well I mean they already have Stalingrad slated for a CW reward, which means a completely unique ship for gated content. This I also something other game companies learned is a big no no almost a decade ago. This is also why me and a bunch of other very large whales have completely shut out wallets to WG until it changes ..as in a general ungated method of acquiring is in official patch notes.

WG has already said the Stalingrad will be available through other means than Clan Battles.  It is going to be available for purchase with a new form of currency, "coal and steel"

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts

i agree we need FXP CA, we already got 2 BBs

btw what's good about Kronshtadt? reload time is 18sec? who wants that crap

Edited by Happy668

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,346 posts
9,503 battles
15 minutes ago, yashma said:

WG has already said the Stalingrad will be available through other means than Clan Battles.  It is going to be available for purchase with a new form of currency, "coal and steel"

Hmm , I thought Coal and Steel were also only from clan battles.

[OPG]
Members
3,967 posts
5,657 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

They were very vague about how it would be acquired.  I think they specifically mentioned it would also be earnable through ranked , and I got the I'm impression it would be available with other means as well....but I could be wrong.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,346 posts
9,503 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

They were very vague about how it would be acquired.  I think they specifically mentioned it would also be earnable through ranked , and I got the I'm impression it would be available with other means as well....but I could be wrong.

Well I hope you are not wrong. lol. Always nice to have multiple ways to earn unique ships.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,330 posts
6,960 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Its all moot until it is in the patch notes. They could very well make it a reward for a different gated content.

I don't understand why common sense is so uncommon. They literally had prime examples of perfect CW rewards in the pipeline already. Musashi.....Salem..

They are so benighted, and their revenue is certainly suffering for it.

Sign in to follow this