Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bone_Mutilator_69

1000 Battles in the Khaba

14 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
8,872 battles

Finished my 1000th battle in the mighty Khab today.  

By far my favorite ship -- the only cure to the dreaded Detection Anxiety DDisease -- That near universal DD captain's experience: that sinking feeling, quickly followed by actual sinking, when the dreaded "detected" icon appears and the enemy team begins raining steel on your head... simply doesn't apply to Khab.  In Khab, "detected" translates loosely to "activate war boner."  

Couple of observations:  

1.  The torps are so lousy that nobody expects them, which creates opportunity.  I had about 100 games before the torpedo nerf.  The old torps were like gravy, good for picking up the occasional chokepoint or smoke kill.  While I rarely kill anything with the new torps, they're surprisingly effective for shooting into smoke (en route to charging a smoked up dd -- thats the only time they're in range), and using like sea mines when being pursued by a cruiser.  The slow speed actually makes up for a lot of the lost range when kiting, especially since anyone pursuing a Khab can't really afford to zig zag lest they lose even more ground.  When being hunted down in any other DD, captains are much more paranoid about torps.    

2.  There seem to be two main types of captains:  ones that hate Khaba's guts religiously and will target you the instant you're detected, and ones that seem to hate wasting damage potential on a 48kt dodging target with troll armor, and will only shoot at you if there are no juicier targets around.  

On to the next thousand Comrades!

khaba.thumb.PNG.1d5ab31e1da111d9898e1019ff60a051.PNG

• Cool 3

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

we need a new word for high tiers sealclubers :cap_haloween:

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,222 battles
47 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

we need a new word for high tiers sealclubers :cap_haloween:

My choice as an answer to this involves rude descriptive words which are frowned upon by the mods.

Congrats I guess?

I can't begin to fathom the motivation behind playing a thousand Tier 10 GAMES, never mind playing that many in the same ship.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
663 posts
12,306 battles

GZ. 

I pick Khaba for that t10 destroyer emblem and that ship is simply amazing.

this: 

2.  There seem to be two main types of captains:  ones that hate Khaba's guts religiously and will target you the instant you're detected, and ones that seem to hate wasting damage potential on a 48kt dodging target with troll armor, and will only shoot at you if there are no juicier targets around.  

Edited by Gandariel

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I can't begin to fathom the motivation behind playing a thousand Tier 10 GAMES

This is coming from someone with 15k battles? Am I missing sarcasm?

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,222 battles
4 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

This is coming from someone with 15k battles? Am I missing sarcasm?

Not one bit.

Of all those, only 195 (all modes,) are Tier 10, with 130 (all modes,) in Des Moines being the highest single total, (with the last DM game being played over a year ago.)

In Randoms, my highest total games played in a single ship is 300 each in Bogue and Atago. (Why Atago I have no idea either, because my stats in it are horrible.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
28 posts
7,474 battles

I totally agree with the torps, I gotten a few kills lately with them from people trying to chase me.  The slowness lets met drop them when they are well outside of the range of the torps but they just keep closing in for that juicy flooding damage.

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,312 battles
1 hour ago, Motokorth said:

I totally agree with the torps, I gotten a few kills lately with them from people trying to chase me.  The slowness lets met drop them when they are well outside of the range of the torps but they just keep closing in for that juicy flooding damage.

I consider it a mark of shame if you get sunk by Khaba's torps.

The Shame Nun from "Game of Thrones" is actually a lowkey ...

[ICBM]
Members
334 posts
5,070 battles

LOL. I love when I get people with Khab torps. They are really slow, but the detection range is like, nothing. They just come out of friggin nowhere. I actually have gotten a fair number of torps in this ranked season. The smaller maps and cap point orientation have made for some interesting surprise ambushes. Nothing, and I mean nothing, feels better than torping a hindenburg.

Once I had capped an area and a pair of minotaurs started pushing in from about 8km. I figured I was dead, so I dumped torps and ran. Fortunately they weren't the best shots and I kited the nearest while he ran right into my torps. Was awesome. 

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,312 battles
13 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

LOL. I love when I get people with Khab torps. They are really slow, but the detection range is like, nothing. They just come out of friggin nowhere. I actually have gotten a fair number of torps in this ranked season. The smaller maps and cap point orientation have made for some interesting surprise ambushes. Nothing, and I mean nothing, feels better than torping a hindenburg.

Once I had capped an area and a pair of minotaurs started pushing in from about 8km. I figured I was dead, so I dumped torps and ran. Fortunately they weren't the best shots and I kited the nearest while he ran right into my torps. Was awesome. 

They are good for torping smoke if you get right up on it.  Otherwise it's around corners but that's more of a yolo against bigger ships.  

Those torps are so slow you could almost consider them to be sea mines.  

[CAST]
Members
1,420 posts
5,953 battles
On 5/16/2018 at 12:47 AM, Bone_Mutilator_69 said:

The torps are so lousy that nobody expects them, which creates opportunity.

In the very first Khaba battle I ever played, I got stuck behind an island with a basically full health Missouri on the other side.  While his radar was active, he decided to push around the island and show me a big, juicy broadside at 3km range.  So for a while, I had a 100% torpedo hit rate in the Khabarovsk. :Smile_teethhappy:

'Grats on your 1,000 games with the best T10 cruiser in WoWs. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,407 posts
On 5/16/2018 at 12:47 AM, Bone_Mutilator_69 said:

Finished my 1000th battle in the mighty Khab today.  

By far my favorite ship -- the only cure to the dreaded Detection Anxiety DDisease -- That near universal DD captain's experience: that sinking feeling, quickly followed by actual sinking, when the dreaded "detected" icon appears and the enemy team begins raining steel on your head... simply doesn't apply to Khab.  In Khab, "detected" translates loosely to "activate war boner."  

Couple of observations:  

1.  The torps are so lousy that nobody expects them, which creates opportunity.  I had about 100 games before the torpedo nerf.  The old torps were like gravy, good for picking up the occasional chokepoint or smoke kill.  While I rarely kill anything with the new torps, they're surprisingly effective for shooting into smoke (en route to charging a smoked up dd -- thats the only time they're in range), and using like sea mines when being pursued by a cruiser.  The slow speed actually makes up for a lot of the lost range when kiting, especially since anyone pursuing a Khab can't really afford to zig zag lest they lose even more ground.  When being hunted down in any other DD, captains are much more paranoid about torps.    

On to the next thousand Comrades!

khaba.thumb.PNG.1d5ab31e1da111d9898e1019ff60a051.PNG

Well, easymode bias ships don't require much effort or skill to do well in. I don't see how anyone gets a feeling of achievement when driving a ship with so many stacking advantages piled upon it facing ships that actually have negative attributes that counter their good one. 

/meh

• Bad 3

[CAST]
Members
1,420 posts
5,953 battles
14 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

Well, easymode bias ships don't require much effort or skill to do well in. I don't see how anyone gets a feeling of achievement when driving a ship with so many stacking advantages piled upon it facing ships that actually have negative attributes that counter their good one. 

/meh

I'd imagine somebody like that would attain their sense of satisfaction in a manner similar to that of a person who feels it necessary to enter a wholly uncontroversial milestone/tips thread and poop all over the worthiness of said activity.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this