You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
outwardpanicjoe

DDs/BBs/CAs (CHAPTER 6) Naval Battle of Guadalcanal part 1

Would you like to participate ?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to join? select all that apply

• YES
    • no? why post down below
    • USN
    • IJN
    • I have so many ships i can do both and swich sides like the italians in WW2
    • i have an Indianapolis
    • I have some kongos
    • I have an atlanta
    • i have IJN dds tier 7-8
    • i have usn DDs tier 7-9
    • i have a sims
    • i have a New Orleans

27 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles

(CHAPTER 6) Naval Battle of Guadalcanal part 1

WE will try this on this on the coming Friday on MAY 25th 5/18/18 and  8:30-11:30PM US Eastern standard time , 7:30-10:30 PM US CENTRAL TIME, 6:30-9:30 PM US MOUNTAIN TIME, 5:30-7:30 PM US PACIFIC TIME , 10:30AM -1:30 PM in Sydney Australia 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM in Perth Australia.  

this will be in the training room labeled naval battle Guadalcanal part 1  chapter 6. search for training rooms by Outwardpanicjoe 

IJN force addition to the battleships Hiei (Abe's flagship) and Kirishima,  light cruiser Nagara (us kuma class or similar.) destroyers (SamidareMurasameAsagumoTeruzukiAmatsukazeYukikazeIkazuchiInazumaAkatsukiHarusame, and Yūdachi).[19] Three more destroyers (ShigureShiratsuyu, and Yūgure) would provide a rear guard in the Russell Islands during Abe's foray into the waters of "Savo Sound" around and near Savo Island. For this scenario we will use the 2 Kongo class BBs, any kuma class light cruiser or similar. DDS 3 Shiratsuyu, 2 Kagero, 3 Akatsuki, 1 Akizuki.

Objective: push the USN out of Guadalcanal and away from the volcano destroy at least 2 CLs and 4 DDs to claim victory and make way for your transports.

USN force  His force consisted of two heavy cruisers (San Francisco and Portland), three light cruisers (HelenaJuneau, and Atlanta), and eight destroyersCushingLaffeySterettO'BannonAaron WardBartonMonssen, and Fletcher. Admiral Callaghan commanded from San Francisco. For this scenario we are going to use 1 Indianapolis for the  Portland, San Francisco (new Orleans), 2 Atlanta classes, 1 mahan, 1 sims , 2 fletchers, 2  bensons.  

OBJECTIVE : USN must push the IJN out of the slot and take out, take one BB down to 1/3 HP , destroy 3 DDs at least one must be in the Akatsuki class, and one cruiser to claim victory.   

This is a closer quarter’s engagement fight all must fight in close to the slot by or behind the volcano.

if your team thinks you will lose the ship needed to take a victory you can pull back a map border to try again but it the enemy team takes out the ships before you get there or capture the slot they will claim victory.  

if anyone is interested in helping to make new events or suggestions feel free to join the workshop discord  https://discord.gg/ygjyP2G

battle.jpg

Edited by outwardpanicjoe
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles

Ambitious project; best of luck with it.

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Ambitious project; best of luck with it.

thanks it will be easier with bots now at least 

Supertester
418 posts
6,151 battles

Nice. I'll be joining in this time around. Only USN ship I have that fits the requirements is the Atlanta. But on the IJN side I have the Kongos, Akizuki, and Harekaze (which I suppose can count as a Kagero as long as I stick to the IJN 3x2 127mm guns).

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
25,810 posts
11,120 battles

Im pretty busy that day chores, take my sisters to kumon, pick them up again, registering and qualifying for the wmmt5dx + world championships my next 2 months are gonna be far busier than usual with my work placement and parent's doing the marrige ceremony again.

• Cool 1

[_MAGA]
Members
15 posts
1,925 battles

I think it is a wonderful idea, and I applaud your efforts. I would like to participate but do not have any of those ships.  I would however like very much to observe if that is possible.  Please get back to me with info on how to watch if possible. 

Thank you and good luck with a great plan,

Wolfchild27

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,059 posts
3,928 battles

What is going to represent Helena?

Edited by BBsquid

Members
66 posts
2,037 battles

Good idea. Already in theme, the CL52 Juneau was found in march of this year by  Paul Allen. Peace at the souls of the five brothers Sullivans lost with the ship, this tragic day of Nov 13, 1942(the USN changed after the rules of assignation of crews after this day). 

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
8 hours ago, BBsquid said:

What is going to represent Helena?

well for now just a Cleveland class 

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
8 hours ago, wolfchild27 said:

I think it is a wonderful idea, and I applaud your efforts. I would like to participate but do not have any of those ships.  I would however like very much to observe if that is possible.  Please get back to me with info on how to watch if possible. 

Thank you and good luck with a great plan,

Wolfchild27

I guess you could just bring a tier 1 or a cv to torpedo yourself but there would have to be an observer on both side so it doesn't effect points. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,422 battles
11 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Im pretty busy that day chores, take my sisters to kumon, pick them up again, registering and qualifying for the wmmt5dx + world championships my next 2 months are gonna be far busier than usual with my work placement and parent's doing the marrige ceremony again.

<sigh>  What it must be like to have a life.

BTW, Joe, I also have Kuma which you left off the poll.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles

You need a rule forbidding the New Orleans from firing on the Kuma!

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

looks like a lot of fun.  You wont be able to do the night combat aspect that characterized the various surface battles around Guadalcanal.  But still, GL with your event!   

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

I may have missed this, but what map are you planning on using?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,422 battles

I think the Solomons map.  Slot will be pretty cramped.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

<sigh>  What it must be like to have a life.

BTW, Joe, I also have Kuma which you left off the poll.

o true my bad lol

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
5 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

looks like a lot of fun.  You wont be able to do the night combat aspect that characterized the various surface battles around Guadalcanal.  But still, GL with your event!   

well when they come out with the us cruise lines there will be a night battle event in the scenario battles at least i hear lol

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
On 5/16/2018 at 6:32 PM, iDuckman said:

I think the Solomons map.  Slot will be pretty cramped.

yeah it all depends on how many people we have cause bot like to go the shortest path 

[ICE9]
Members
836 posts

Can't wait for Helena to appear so we can do Cape Esperance and Tassafaronga.

I guess Savo will have to wait till we get UK 8" line for HMAS Australia and Canberra.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
On 5/17/2018 at 10:22 PM, TF77 said:

Can't wait for Helena to appear so we can do Cape Esperance and Tassafaronga.

I guess Savo will have to wait till we get UK 8" line for HMAS Australia and Canberra.

we have done a couple of these but will probably revisit them when the new ships come in.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,709 battles

I have the time for this time around and have it on my calendar...

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
23 hours ago, gcangel82 said:

I have the time for this time around and have it on my calendar...

ill open the training room around 8:30 US eastern time.