You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

WG, this seems a bit questionable...

13 comments in this topic

Members
9,984 posts

I noticed yesterday a nice little feature that WG has added.....

b9J5zVl.png

It appears that when you remove ALL flags, and then reinstall an economic flag, WG has the resupply box selected by default now.

But it only happens when you remove all flags...if you have other flags on and add an economic flag, it will not select resupply.

I'm sorry but this is a problem waiting to happen, it's almost as if you're intentionally trying to have players accidentally pay for flags...:Smile_amazed:

It's bad enough that you force the default back to gold on consumables, forcing us to change it each time, but now you're selecting by default on an item than can only be bought with doubloons? 

Questionable behavior in my book, it should always be off by default.

• Cool 5

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I'm sorry but this is a problem waiting to happen, it's almost as if you're intentionally trying to have players accidentally pay for flags...:Smile_amazed:

omg \o/

You mean like that nearly invisible button to pay for consumables with credits rather than default GOLD?

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

Make sure you double check that you pay in credits. Just in case.

[5D5]
Members
2,291 posts
14,387 battles

That box has been there forever and ever and I unchecked it immediately the first time I saw it.

Members
440 posts
12,808 battles
24 minutes ago, awiggin said:

... intentionally trying to have players accidentally pay for...

Premium consumables always set to cost gold by default.

Crappy upgrades automatically being demounted for doubloons if you click through a ship sale too quickly.

This has always been standard practise for WG.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,291 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

it's almost as if you're intentionally trying to have players accidentally pay for flags...:Smile_amazed:

Almost?

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
50 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

Premium consumables always set to cost gold by default.

Crappy upgrades automatically being demounted for doubloons if you click through a ship sale too quickly.

This has always been standard practise for WG.

It is the sleazy, used car dealer type things like this that sour people on the idea of spending money on the game; the fact that they keep trying to trick it out of you instead of earning it.

• Cool 2

Members
354 posts
5 battles
7 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

That box has been there forever and ever and I unchecked it immediately the first time I saw it.

"forever and ever" No it was added in the last patch, maybe 2 patches ago, it's not old in any capacity. 

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
21 minutes ago, TheNargacuga said:

"forever and ever" No it was added in the last patch, maybe 2 patches ago, it's not old in any capacity. 

For doubloon has only been in for 2 patches and it will  turn itself back on every time you have no mounted eco sigs to mounting eco sigs so watch out.

Edited by Final8ty

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Yeah I got bitten by this little gem- I'd taken all the stuff off Hindie a little while ago out of frustration but pulled her back out for ranked. Questionable thought process, I know.

Anyway played quite a bit with her before seeing I'd run out of free xp flags (didn't really care about that) and been getting charged 8 dubs per battle. 

Not impressed but not surprised by the swindling anymore either. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
9 hours ago, Dictonary said:

Make sure you double check that you pay in credits. Just in case.

the thing is you can't check a box for credits, doubloons is the only way to pay for flags I can see.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles

Has anyone had this happen, with the last flag all my 300% free XP flags were gone and my 50% commander XP flags jumped to over 1000. I KNOW what I had because I ONLY flew the 300% Free XP flags on premium ships. I had over 500 of them. I put in a support ticket and Wargaming said we found no evidence of those flags being in your inventory which was total [edited]. 

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

I also accidentally bought a couple flags ( I think 2) with hard won doubloons that I really didn't want to waste since I'm down to 232 dubs now with no idea when or how I'll win more. I was somewhat pissed off.