You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlazerSS

ships surpassing tanks

25 comments in this topic

[2L2Q]
Members
121 posts
9,275 battles

well I look forward to come home from work and play...3-15 one night 2-10 another..tanks was like this...now this is passing tanks in lacking of teams with any idea what they are doing,worse in high tiers...when will it end..

• Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles

Conservative estimates are august.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles

Feel free to head back to the fetid confines of a tank as opposed to the bracing sea air of WoWs: not to mention the general nastiness over there. There must be hundreds of players like myself that bailed out from WoT... this is supposed to be fun right? A modicum of polite interchanges and respect?

Ships at sea lend themselves more to that ideal.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
5,114 posts
2,436 battles

Tbh, ever since I saw Jingles' Frontlines video I've been considering reinstalling Tanks. I just hope that my progress wasn't wiped when I uninstalled.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
304 posts
5,188 battles

I think part of the issue is the influx of steam players are hitting the mid-high tiers 7-8 at the same time en masse.

i wish the server numbers were there to justify MM taking win rate into account. If not per ship at least average team.  Might be doable. I would rather see that than the mirror MM that was implemented last patch.

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles
5 minutes ago, dmckay said:

"WoT retort."  For fun!  But typical. :Smile_teethhappy:

Go F yourself. You are a scrub and should not even be allowed to post on WoT since you SUCK so badly. And your sister also. And your mommy. Etc. So on and so forth. Uninstall you POS.  You and your stats are messing up my life. Pls...leave.

hahahaha. If I didn't know you better McKay I might have taken offense. +1!

• Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
42 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I was confused for a second myself...it was so convincing!

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles
2 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

I was confused for a second myself...it was so convincing!

Like I said I know the character, and he nailed it. ;)

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
38 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Just humor and satire....BUT I am not really over the top here.  I played WoT 3 years and saw MUCH worse stuff than I paraphrased. Much worse. Carry on mate and let the cool sea breezes blow yer hair and lighten your spirits. I do now begin to see some of the WoT crap here.  Not a lot.  But on occasion.  I knew it would happen eventually...just hope it is rare.  Carry on mate. :Smile_honoring:

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles

Since teams are random, the only real common denominator on your teams, is you. I am not saying it is your fault that your teams are losing more than winning. I am also not saying it isn't you. It is easy for people to throw blame around, but it is hard for them to hold on to it for themselves.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles
1 minute ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Like I said I know the character, and he nailed it. ;)

I had to take a double take on that one too.

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Just humor and satire....BUT I am not really over the top here.  I played WoT 3 years and saw MUCH worse stuff than I paraphrased.

Amen brother. Much much worse.Make you so mad you could bite your grandmother. Fortunately we rose above that.

• Cool 1

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

Amen brother. Much much worse.Make you so mad you could bite your grandmother. Fortunately we rose above that.

I sure do hope!  

Members
1,308 posts
21,107 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

A modicum of polite interchanges and respect?

Yea.  It's like when people are boating they wave to each other, and smile and stuff.

But driving our tanks on the freeway; well, we wave one finger at each other and scowl.

• Cool 1

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles
1 minute ago, slokill_1 said:

Yea.  It's like when people are boating they wave to each other, and smile and stuff.

But driving our tanks on the freeway; well, we wave one finger at each other and scowl.

or get out and throw punches. Lots of hilarious YouTubes of that.

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
40 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Plus 1.  +1. But my God the freeways will drive ya nuts. Nuts.  Lucky I don't have to drive em much anymore....cept when I go to Chicago to visit my daughter.  NUTS.  My nerves just cannot take it anymore. Try I-90 in rush hour. O wow. 80 mph.  Or more, bumper to bumper. DC is worse (just one huge traffic jam) and in my experience Boston is INSANE! Not so fast but crap driving.  Crap...heh.  Ha.  Sorry Boston.  Have not been to LA in 20 years however. Thankfully.

Additional thought!  Thank Hitler and Ike (Eisenhower). Hitler built the autobahns in the 1930's and when Ike saw them in WWII he was sold on the idea and we began the freeway system in the 1950's during his presidency. I remember that well. Huge project.  Thank Ike and Hitler.  Ha! :Smile_teethhappy:  I am old fashioned I do reckon. :Smile_popcorn:Build em and they will come. As they have.

Edited by dmckay

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,682 posts
3,824 battles
1 hour ago, 1Sherman said:

Tbh, ever since I saw Jingles' Frontlines video I've been considering reinstalling Tanks. I just hope that my progress wasn't wiped when I uninstalled.

Same here, but I stopped myself since I've vowed not to touch tanks until there is PvE content.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles

I really don’t miss tanks.  After 19k games I dropped it like a rock when ships came out.   Tried one game about a year ago.   Died fast.   A lot has changed.  Now there are all kinds of whacky indicators showing where you are getting hit from and stuff.   It was distracting and I didn’t really care for the experience.

I probably couldn’t even be competitive in the tanks I used to play and enjoy.  I’m sure even my Type 59 has been power crept by now.

Ships all the way.  Loving it!

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I really don’t miss tanks.  After 19k games I dropped it like a rock when ships came out.   Tried one game about a year ago.   Died fast.   A lot has changed.  Now there are all kinds of whacky indicators showing where you are getting hit from and stuff.   It was distracting and I didn’t really care for the experience.

I probably couldn’t even be competitive in the tanks I used to play and enjoy.  I’m sure even my Type 59 has been power crept by now.

Ships all the way.  Loving it!

I had WoT installed just to take advantage of any specials on premium time or the like. Probably have a dozen games there, all I know about the game is from watching Jingles. Without a PvE mode, just not interested in the game. I have no clue what everything means, watched the first "training" video that Wargaming suggested and the very first line was "play a game" and I thought that was stupid. I did recently play one game, just kind of follow everyone else around and blast away. When I got out of the game I had received all sorts of stuff I had no clue what to do with like coffee, honey buns, pot pies, etc. All I could think of is just how stupid all this stuff was, probably will never play it again.

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles

I am staying in world of warships till it is unbalanced beyond belief like tanks is at tier 8. I don't care about a fresh coat of paint I care about results so far the biggest problem are unsolved unbalanced premiums at higer tiers and prem shells. I have gotten a lot more done in 2,500 battles than 7,000 + battles in tanks. Tanks is flawed and needs a massive overhaul in mechanics to be successful in the long term. 

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,658 battles

WoWS is a million times more balanced. It's sad how bad WoT is. You would think after 8 years they could have tried to change gold ammo. Just once. Or maybe reduce crew skill power creep. Or improve the game economy so you can play at high tiers. Or reduce equipment costs so you don't have to grind premiums for months on end to have a level playing field with a 50k whale. Or buff historically underperforming tech trees like the Leopard 1.

There are so many things that infuriate me about WoT, but WoWS is balanced enough that most of the time, I can only blame myself or my team. That can still be aggravating, but I feel like I have more control over my performance here. WoT is feast or famine. Sometimes you have insane rounds and other times you are in such a [edited] situation that you just farm a few thousand damage and go back to the garage. There truly are not many WoT matches where I can earnestly look at the result and say "I matter." Most of the time, I would have to do something physically impossible like 20k damage and a Rasaineai Heroes medal to have a chance of winning. This problem worsens with the template matchmaking because you're permanently bottom tier.

The best part about WoWS is that even when I'm bottom tier, fundamentally sound mechanics overcome differences between tiers. Heck, sometimes a lower tier ship is objectively superior. Here, it's really just a number and I love that. I don't have to worry about anything. I just focus on the team comp and try to win. The playing field here is about as level as can be.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 1

[ONE]
Members
261 posts
8,931 battles
6 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Feel free to head back to the fetid confines of a tank as opposed to the bracing sea air of WoWs: not to mention the general nastiness over there. There must be hundreds of players like myself that bailed out from WoT... this is supposed to be fun right? A modicum of polite interchanges and respect?

I bailed on WOT console after the backstabbing they gave the STs last year and I have not looked back.  

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
7 hours ago, BlazerSS said:

well I look forward to come home from work and play...3-15 one night 2-10 another..tanks was like this...now this is passing tanks in lacking of teams with any idea what they are doing,worse in high tiers...when will it end..

Got to pick a time when you feel better players to your style of play are on. Mine is about 7-9pm EST. Many smart team players. If you play after the kiddies are out of school or on weekends you are in sorry shape looking for smart team play. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,814 battles
10 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Actually, front line kind of does look cool. Been watching a couple a streamers playing it. Plus a couple of youtube vids on it as well.

[2L2Q]
Members
121 posts
9,275 battles

I see so many aka kids sailing into 4 ships with a cruiser and facing 4 bbs..I cannot stop these teams folding so quick,next thing im surrounded by other team,most games are not even close maybe 2 dead on other team mine wiped out,im not best player but I have common sense,,im 60 but been gaming since late 80's I see lot of things ready to happen before they do..try to tell team and im a troll...trying to stop lemmings is impossible and I always try to cover flank and get killed most of the time.