Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MTBFritz

training room and how to get in there

28 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
230 battles

Hey folks,

recently picked up the game. Love to watch various streamers doing their thing alas I am unable to replicate what I see.

My biggest problem at the moment is accuracy. Whenever I end up in a stand-off I get absolutely murdered while I deal next to no damage because I m unable to hit. I was thinking of cooling a bit in the training room, get me some dummies and practice my gunplay to improve my odds without getting yelled at or murdered while trying. Unfortunately I dont seem to have access to the training room and I dont really know why not.....

The usual approach would be to change the battle type to "training room" yet I dont have that option. I can play coop matches, random battles or a PvE scenario and thats it. My account level is 13. 

How do I enable the training room?

Thanks in advance

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts

Click the big button to the right of BATTLE and select the training room option.  

Why not practice in coop games instead? It's a lot cheaper

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
4,161 battles
8 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Click the big button to the right of BATTLE and select the training room option.  

How's it cheaper? You use no flags, credits or anything else playing in training room.

• Bad 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
9 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

^

Co-op Battles give rewards when Training Battles don't. You're still going against bots. Frankly, the Training Battles are harder to set up than Co-op Battles.

Edited by Rpkscout1

[NOBS]
Members
553 posts
6,003 battles

Play coop, the bots are fun to practice on. And random is a little strange for new players to learn in, just because it's a low tier doesn't mean that the "drivers" of the boats are new, and it makes it hard to learn. 

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
4,161 battles
19 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Doesn't the training room cost 75000 credits????  

I play coop with naked ships. No camo, no flags.  

Nope doesn't cost anything.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,358 posts
9,551 battles
40 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Nope doesn't cost anything.

You also get nothing for it.

Members
5 posts
230 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

The usual approach would be to change the battle type to "training room" yet I dont have that option. I can play coop matches, random battles or a PvE scenario and thats it

I was thinking about coop but I m still under pressure there as in everything is dead by the time I arrive to the action. Also enemy AI will not allow me to take my time aiming. My goal is to determine how to inflict citadels and test out angling. 

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

The Training room will only cost whatever flags, consumables and camo you have or pay for.

However the Training Room’s purposes are limited. I can only think of a couple uses such as Clan Skirmishes, Clan Training Sessions, KoTS, Historical Reentactment, and overall fun and experimentation. That is really all Training Room is for.

• Cool 1

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
2 minutes ago, MTBFritz said:

I was thinking about coop but I m still under pressure there as in everything is dead by the time I arrive to the action. Also enemy AI will not allow me to take my time aiming. My goal is to determine how to inflict citadels and test out angling. 

You play USN BBs?

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts
1 minute ago, MTBFritz said:

You maybe over complicating this.  Try watching YT videos  on these topics. Look up iChasegaming's Captains Academy and Whiskey Gaming Lounge.  

:Smile_child:

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
8 minutes ago, MTBFritz said:

But in general, focus on doing damage. You have to take small steps first. You can focus on getting cits later but I admire your desire to learn. Try hitting the center of the ship near the waterline, that is where you will get most of your damage and the possibility of getting citadels. Avoid shooting a ship that is bow on, the shells will bounce off. And stay calm. Being stressed only increases the chances for mistakes to occur. I wish you good luck.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,497 posts
2,439 battles
1 hour ago, Dictonary said:

The Training room will only cost whatever flags, consumables and camo you have or pay for.

NO.  It doesn't cost anything, and any flags or camo are returned.  No service cost for ammo either.

1 hour ago, MTBFritz said:

Also enemy AI will not allow me to take my time aiming. My goal is to determine how to inflict citadels and test out angling. 

Best reason to use TRs.  First set up with non-moving, unarmed bots.  Get close and test angling and placement.  Then back up and you try still and moving.

Then set the bots to moving, unarmed and try to hit them on the move.  This is the real skill.  AFAIK, the TR bots don't wiggle so no entirely life-like.

Worst part is finding the bots once everything starts.  You should be able to tell where they spawn but it could take 5 min just to get there, so set up with multiple targets for longer than 10 min.

However the Training Room’s purposes are limited. I can only think of a couple uses such as Clan Skirmishes, Clan Training Sessions, KoTS, Historical Reentactment, and overall fun and experimentation. That is really all Training Room is for.

How wrong you are.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Take a left, 3 doors down, use the secret code of 345987, enter, sit down, and take off your clothes

Members
5 posts
230 battles

I still cannot select the training room under battle type, is there something I have to achieve first for that?

I read on the forum that I need to download an .exe file, put it in my WOWS folder and run it but I m hesitating with that one. It seems a bit strange that a feature like a training room which is by design meant to allow newbies to "stretch their legs" is not available right from the start.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,093 posts
4,164 battles
8 minutes ago, MTBFritz said:

I still cannot select the training room under battle type, is there something I have to achieve first for that?

I read on the forum that I need to download an .exe file, put it in my WOWS folder and run it but I m hesitating with that one. It seems a bit strange that a feature like a training room which is by design meant to allow newbies to "stretch their legs" is not available right from the start.

You need to be level 15, also the mode where newbies stretch their legs is generally the coop game mode

• Bad 1

[ICE9]
Members
855 posts
9 hours ago, MTBFritz said:

You might try the Bellerophon in Co-op. She has a fairly standard armor layout to test angling with (Germans have unique "turtleback" schemes), and her guns are quite effective.

If you happen to see Mikasa on sale and can afford a few bucks, IMHO she is the perfect battleship trainer. Virtually invincible, painfully slow, with a small, slow-firing main battery that is truly a challenge. If you can get gud with the Mikasa's 2x2 12" guns, you are well on your way. You also earn premium bonuses (although small) with the  Mi Casa.

Members
5 posts
230 battles
1 hour ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

You need to be level 15, also the mode where newbies stretch their legs is generally the coop game mode

thank you, kind of a silly decision but okay, just need to get my level up then :)

[WOLF3]
Members
6,497 posts
2,439 battles
On 5/16/2018 at 8:55 AM, MTBFritz said:

thank you, kind of a silly decision but okay, just need to get my level up then :)

Yep.  I had to go back through the update notes to confirm.  A silly requirement, IMO, but there it is.  Wiki updated.

Fritz, since you're at Level 13, please tell the amount of XP required to get to Level 14.  This info is missing from the wiki and should be added.  (Also missing the same for Levels 13 and 9.)

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Does someone remember what account service level you have to be at to access the official training room mode? I know it's not available right at start which is a bit of a shame given it's a good spot for experienced player to teach newbie friend some basic mechanics of the game.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,497 posts
2,439 battles
3 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Does someone remember what account service level you have to be at to access the official training room mode?

Did you not read the post above yours?  Level 15.

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
230 battles
20 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Yep.  I had to go back through the update notes to confirm.  A silly requirement, IMO, but there it is.  Wiki updated.

Fritz, since you're at Level 13, please tell the amount of XP required to get to Level 14.  This info is missing from the wiki and should be added.  (Also missing the same for Levels 13 and 9.)

I am currently half-way through sitting at 14.970 out of 30.000 xp required

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles

My main problem with the training room is they're all taken up whenever I want one. Back in the old days (not so long ago) when you had to hack a file (easy to do), it seemed there was always one open. Now? Almost never.

Sign in to follow this