Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How the heck does anyone have 75% or better winrate???

84 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

306
[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

Think I saw a few peeps with over 80% winrates.  

Do they only play in big divisions of fellow unicums?   

With all the potatoes that get sunk in the first 5 minutes these winrates seem impossible.  

:Smile_sad:

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,375 battles

A division with other good players increases your win chance significantly.  You all have to be good to start with.  Otherwise, you are just another group of ordinary players that are just like the other random players on the team.  I'd bet a division of three 60% solo win rate players can push that win rate up to 70 or 80%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
774
[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,686 battles

1) Skill. This includes setup (flags, modules, captains, etc) and strategy like which caps to go for or who to focus early.

2) (Often OP) ships that contribute to a win. Conqueror doesn't count since its' damage often has too little impact. Here, ships like Nikolai, Belfast, Atlanta/Flint combo, Kaga, and Saipan shine, since they contribute to kills and caps, which mean wins.

3) Divisions of 3 like-minded players, and at this level extremely developed voice comms

4) Seal clubbing? MM at low tiers has a low chance of matching you with competent enemies

5) Luck. Always a part of these questions

 

Ah ye downvoter of little faith. Not saying it's bad, but these are the 5 things I'd do to get such a fabulous WR.

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 11
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
727 posts
4,147 battles
6 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Is there an upper limit to how many players from the same div can be in a game?  

A div can only be 3 members.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Only way I know how is to play CV as a support ship. Don't let reds enter caps without being seen, protect friendly ships contesting caps, and prioritize enemy ships contesting caps. That'll eventually force the reds to be aggressive, which plays right into the hands of the camping nature of the player base.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[JSG]
[JSG]
Members
71 posts
8,630 battles

A very good undetectable aim bot came out a week before ranked started I believe its Korean it puts your ship in a three dimensional cube and shows you were to fire for citadels. and this post is not a joke by the time I viewed it it had over 10k views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
896
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,597 battles
34 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Good players who division often.

 

Or bad players who get carried often?

 

Case in point yours truly :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by pikohan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
973
Members
4,547 posts
6,460 battles

They don't play alone in random ey know how to game the system. Simple. They know how to juice their numbers. Hell. I have seen this since WoT.  LEGAL... deal with it.  Just gotta.  Some play vanilla random and do well but few actually...  just go to the stat sites. Very few are in top 10%.  BUT, most who post on forums are good players. More power to them. Serious players! 

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,963 battles
28 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

1) Skill. This includes setup (flags, modules, captains, etc) and strategy like which caps to go for or who to focus early.

2) (Often OP) ships that contribute to a win. Conqueror doesn't count since its' damage often has too little impact. Here, ships like Nikolai, Belfast, Atlanta/Flint combo, Kaga, and Saipan shine, since they contribute to kills and caps, which mean wins.

3) Divisions of 3 like-minded players, and at this level extremely developed voice comms

4) Seal clubbing? MM at low tiers has a low chance of matching you with competent enemies

5) Luck. Always a part of these questions

I don't know why you got downvoted because this is absolutely correct.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,222 battles
31 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Ah ye downvoter of little faith.

Some players fear the truth, and fear it being made public ... waiting for that downvote.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
973
Members
4,547 posts
6,460 battles
46 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Good players who division often.

And good players who make new accounts for stat reasons.

Bingo...gaming the system. They are good at it.  I mean, gee, it is LIFE!  Heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

Oh it's simple with a few prerequisites:

 

1) An overweening desire to appear the best, even if you know in your heart of hearts you are a bit of a poseur.

2) Sign in to WoWs for a few thousand games to get your bearings, get good and notice which ships are generally regarded as OP and focus on them.

3) Re sign in under a new personage and relentlessly focus on ships you had a high WR on in your previous incarnation. Division or whatever it takes to keep that WR high.

4) Finally focus on 1-3 ships you do especially well on and man them with 19-pt captains. Become a meth-head and seal club (ok a joke, I think?). Don't play any other ships than your chosen few.

5) Make sure you always post your WR on your signature, nothing else matters. You're basically a very insecure person and need constant positive reinforcement, be it from a pixel wargame based upon twitchy finger action.

 

[And btw these people, these mythical *unicums*, are the exact opposite of collectors of players like myself who delight in playing all 80+ ships we have, win or lose, and who value the history and spirit of these ships]

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
245
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
9,543 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

1) Skill. This includes setup (flags, modules, captains, etc) and strategy like which caps to go for or who to focus early.

2) (Often OP) ships that contribute to a win. Conqueror doesn't count since its' damage often has too little impact. Here, ships like Nikolai, Belfast, Atlanta/Flint combo, Kaga, and Saipan shine, since they contribute to kills and caps, which mean wins.

3) Divisions of 3 like-minded players, and at this level extremely developed voice comms

4) Seal clubbing? MM at low tiers has a low chance of matching you with competent enemies

5) Luck. Always a part of these questions

 

Ah ye downvoter of little faith. Not saying it's bad, but these are the 5 things I'd do to get such a fabulous WR.

If they've played enough games, luck goes out the window, but otherwise, I agree.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

If they've played enough games, luck goes out the window, but otherwise, I agree.

I would argue that luck becomes a smaller factor as one gets more experienced however, it truly never fades. Luck is always a factor but gets less significant as time goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[PVE]
Members
191 posts
5,251 battles
4 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

I would argue that luck becomes a smaller factor as one gets more experienced however, it truly never fades. Luck is always a factor but gets less significant as time goes on.

And when luck does run out eventually you just start a new account 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
1 minute ago, evanr1940 said:

And when luck does run out eventually you just start a new account 

Very true. Albeit, it is often remedied by a quick break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[WOLFB]
Members
1,725 posts
8,251 battles

Having a high WR isn't hard. What you need to look is how they managed to reach that high number. When I see people brag about their majestous WR, they :

-only play in div

-mainly play broken ship like Belfast or mainly play low tier ship like Clemson

-Exploit MM with CV. Like Saipan + Kidd + Kutuzov.

 

They are often skilled, I admit, but I wouldn't really give them much attention since I'm sure most of them are "lost" when it comes to playing other ship. It's like farming a huge WR just to be considered as "elitist" and brag about your WR when you die early in the game then say the team is crap . 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[R-F1]
Members
34 posts
12,584 battles

 I only pay attention to a player's solo winrate.

Many of the high WR players you see around clan division for 80%+ of their matches. Look at their solo WR?  Will just be good, not great.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,222 battles
55 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

4) Finally focus on 1-3 ships you do especially well on and man them with 19-pt captains. Become a meth-head and seal club (ok a joke, I think?). Don't play any other ships than your chosen few.

You forgot to mention picking you play times and days so as to insure you are teamed up with the least number of noobish players who could possibly torpedo your efforts to have "THE ULTIMATE STATS!" 

Honestly, whenever someone starts in about stats in almost any way, shape, or form, I know it's time to bail on the conversation because stats, for them, take precedence over everything else, and anything that could possibly bring those stats down must be eliminated. I believe this is the reason we have the AFK/TK system we have now. My Opinion.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,270
[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Think I saw a few peeps with over 80% winrates.  

Do they only play in big divisions of fellow unicums?   

With all the potatoes that get sunk in the first 5 minutes these winrates seem impossible.  

:Smile_sad:

 

I actually know how you could play infinate numbers of battles and maintain a 100% WR...

Step 1. Buy Wargaming Company.

Step 2. Have them manipulate your Stats so that your WR will always say 100% or rig your MM and RNG if you want

Step 3. Step 3 enjoy the perfect stats you have managed to buy yourself. Since legally having such stats with out Moderators Banning you did not come cheap since you needed millions of dollars to buy the company.

Optional Step 4. Remember to fire that moderator first thing in the morning  that tried to ban you tonight because they had forgotten that you are the owner of Wargaming company...

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You forgot to mention picking you play times and days so as to insure you are teamed up with the least number of noobish players who could possibly torpedo your efforts to have "THE ULTIMATE STATS!" 

Honestly, whenever someone starts in about stats in almost any way, shape, or form, I know it's time to bail on the conversation because stats, for them, take precedence over everything else, and anything that could possibly bring those stats down must be eliminated. I believe this is the reason we have the AFK/TK system we have now. My Opinion.

Well +1 for that and nada to add. ;)

EDIT: Really it's some kind of psychosis and stat-addiction. There should be a Unicum-Anonymous section on the forum where you can post anonymously stuff like:

"Hi my name was similar to "Sum yung guy" and I was addicted to stats. I had a hard childhood.... I am here just to learn how to play without stat-anxiety and enjoy the game as a hobby, not an addiction."

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×