You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RadDisconnect

Is Hindenburg too strong (pre-0.7.6)?

21 comments in this topic

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles

I got Hindenburg recently and got 30 games in it so far and mostly solo. This ship feels a bit too strong right now especially in the random meta. It's really good at burning down BBs because of the HE pen and it's pretty tanky because of the turtleback. My stats in this ship is really high and makes me look much better than I actually am. When you kite in the Hindenburg you can tank a lot of damage and with the HE pen you deal consistent damage in return. So Hindenburg either feels too strong now or the other cruisers need some buff. No wonder this ship is the staple of any Clan Battles lineup.

EDIT: 100th game so far.

Edited by RadDisconnect
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[5D]
Members
1,246 posts
7,266 battles

I completely adore the Hindenburg.

However it's stats (when warships.today isn't being janky) are in line with the other t10 cruisers. 

It doesn't really win in any of the stat categories. The issue is that it is such a general use ship. Put an excellent captain in a ship that has a shot of success in every scenario you can think of? Yes please? Other ships have better damage, win rate, hit rate, AA, everything. But the Hindenburg has excellent versatility, something that ships like the Moskva and Stalingrad have little of. 

Zao, Hindi, and DM all have excellent variations of their own versatility. That's why you see so many of them in the upper echelons of Clan Battles.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,867 battles

The thing about Hindenburg is that it has the most obnoxious armor scheme of all current T10 cruisers. I loathe the difficulty this ship gives me when trying to land a cit on it.

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
41 minutes ago, RadDisconnect said:

This ship feels a bit too strong

Well either you mesh really well with it, or you've been lucky (check again battle #100) or, or...

On the other hand who cares? Enjoy it.

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles
1 minute ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Well either you mesh really well with it, or you've been lucky (check again battle #100) or, or...

On the other hand who cares? Enjoy it.

I will come back after my 100th Hindenburg match but I don't see my stats changing dramatically unless the meta changes.

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
12 minutes ago, RadDisconnect said:

I will come back after my 100th Hindenburg match but I don't see my stats changing dramatically unless the meta changes.

Well do drop back and let us know.

And nothing personal, but whinging on about "OP ships" is really old on here at this point.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,098 battles

The Hindenburg is what heavy cruisers were becoming before the Washington Naval Treaty with the displacements of proposed cruisers fast approaching 20,000 tons.

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles
On 5/15/2018 at 6:59 PM, Stauffenberg44 said:

Well do drop back and let us know.

And nothing personal, but whinging on about "OP ships" is really old on here at this point.

So I played 100 battles in Hindenburg, and I still stand by my original statement that the Hindenburg is a bit too strong. If you look at KOTS and Clan Wars you saw how heavy teams stacked Hindenburgs. Anyways, the Hindenburg is getting a 1 second reload nerf, which makes me sad because this ship is so fun but I understand.

[SYN]
Members
14,461 posts
10,475 battles

Yes, It was just fine before it got 1/4 HE penetration

Then WG gave it 1/4 HE penetration

Now it just [edited] on Moskva's 50mm plating.

Edited by MrDeaf

[VW]
Members
1,948 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, RadDisconnect said:

So I played 100 battles in Hindenburg, and I still stand by my original statement that the Hindenburg is a bit too strong. If you look at KOTS and Clan Wars you saw how heavy teams stacked Hindenburgs. Anyways, the Hindenburg is getting a 1 second reload nerf, which makes me sad because this ship is so fun but I understand.

You complain it’s op, then claim to be sad it’s nerfed? Why bring it up unless asking for a nerf? 

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles
46 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

You complain it’s op, then claim to be sad it’s nerfed? Why bring it up unless asking for a nerf? 

I like playing the ship, but it's still too strong. Also I made this thread before the Hindenburg nerf was announced.

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
3 hours ago, RadDisconnect said:

I still stand by my original statement that the Hindenburg is a bit too strong

Hey maybe you are just good with her? Or is this false modesty? Why complain about it? It's well understood that the Hind is a jack of all trades and very good in the hands of those that understand that.

[Really tired of these "OP whines" No offense, really.]

Members
1,877 posts
9,033 battles
On 5/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, Aiser50 said:

The thing about Hindenburg is that it has the most obnoxious armor scheme of all current T10 cruisers. I loathe the difficulty this ship gives me when trying to land a cit on it.

You're doing it wrong, it's one of the easier Cruisers to get full pens on. Trying for Cits just costs you damage.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
22 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

You're doing it wrong, it's one of the easier Cruisers to get full pens on. Trying for Cits just costs you damage.

Hindy gets hit hard at distance, BB AP tears her to shreds. Inside of 12 to 15km or so the armor gets trollish. I have had some of my best games in her and my damage record is in that ship but, that being said she is not OP and deserving a nerf.  She is just and all around good ship kinda the swiss army knife of tier 10 cruisers in my opinion.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,442 battles

I rarely to never hear people complaining about any T10 cruisers being OP, including the Hindenburg. It's a strong ship, yes. So are the rest of them. If we're going to extend its reload time, can we shave some time off DM's radar length? Some range off Moskva's radar range? Some fire chance off the Zao?

From 13km and further, it's not difficult to citadel a Hindenburg. It's only close range where it becomes a problem. It still takes hard AP pens regardless if they land in the citadel. It's a slow ship. I don't think it needs any adjustments.

Members
879 posts
9,111 battles

You can blame me, I just started grinding for it - WG usually waits to nerf until I have the T10 first.  This time they jumped the gun.

I will still get it, my dislike for nerfs grows. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,849 battles

I am slowly getting to know this ships strengths and weaknesses. Not that Hindy has many weaknesses. Had best record in her yet.
Ended the game with roughly 147 K dmg. Just hope that the 1 second reload is all the devs nerf. Would be a shame if they went
to far and nerf her too death.

Members
879 posts
9,111 battles
24 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

I am slowly getting to know this ships strengths and weaknesses. Not that Hindy has many weaknesses. Had best record in her yet.
Ended the game with roughly 147 K dmg. Just hope that the 1 second reload is all the devs nerf. Would be a shame if they went
to far and nerf her too death.

No kidding, they certainly nerf too hard sometimes - like my IJN torps.  On the other hand, I am glad my Zao torps are being made relevant.

Time will tell.

[TF77V]
[TF77V]
Members
40 posts
1,651 battles

I really enjoy playing the Hindenburg and do better in her than the DM. I prefer the flat trajectory of the Hindy to the DM. When I switch between the two, i have to make a mental note or my shots are way off.