Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

USS Pittsburgh?

9 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

Anyone heard of USS Pittsburgh? Got my tier 6 ships killed by one of them last month and I do not see it listed in the USN Cruiser split? I think we might have a new premium ship coming. The guns had great rate of fire and really packed a punch lol, and durability seemed to be quite nice on the CA as well. Considering I was shelling it with Warspite AP shells. Usually my Warspite is pretty good about tearing into enemy armor for me and often finding the enemy Citadels. Was a shocking experience to say the least facing a cruiser that felt almost like facing a BB, granted the Pittsburgh was higher tiered than my BB, but still lol.

[NAVY]
Members
1,007 posts
3,756 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Anyone heard of USS Pittsburgh? Got my tier 6 ships killed by one of them last month and I do not see it listed in the USN Cruiser split? I think we might have a new premium ship coming. The guns had great rate of fire and really packed a punch lol, and durability seemed to be quite nice on the CA as well. Considering I was shelling it with Warspite AP shells. Usually my Warspite is pretty good about tearing into enemy armor for me and often finding the enemy Citadels. Was a shocking experience to say the least facing a cruiser that felt almost like facing a BB, granted the Pittsburgh was higher tiered than my BB, but still lol.

As @Wye_So_Serious stated, it is the test name for the tier 8 Baltimore for the upcoming USN cruiser line split. You will see super testers with them in matches from time to time. I encountered the "Columbia" the other night, which is the test name for the tier 8 Cleveland.

Edit: Here is a video from Notser on the tier 8 Baltimore aka the Pittsburgh.

Edited by daVinci761st

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
2 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

As @Wye_So_Serious stated, it is the test name for the tier 8 Baltimore for the upcoming USN cruiser line split. You will see super testers with them in matches from time to time. I encountered the "Columbia" the other night, which is the test name for the tier 8 Cleveland.

Edit: Here is a video from Notser on the tier 8 Baltimore aka the Pittsburgh.

Ah that makes sense to disguise the the names to somewhat hide what they are working on.

[WOLF2]
Members
243 posts
4,355 battles

As far as I'm aware, it isn't to hide what they're working on (as they announce this on the dev blog) but a limitation in their backend that prevents two ships from having to get same name.  It also probably reduces confusion. Like why are there two different Baltimores in my game.

Edited by real_icebeast
  • Cool 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
780 posts
6,663 battles

Pittsburgh is the Baltimore moved down a tier with 300 less HP and T8 radar. At T9, the Baltimore is decent, but move her down one tier with virtually no changes, and you've got a powerhouse of a T8 cruiser.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
1 hour ago, Cruiser_Chicago said:

Pittsburgh is the Baltimore moved down a tier with 300 less HP and T8 radar. At T9, the Baltimore is decent, but move her down one tier with virtually no changes, and you've got a powerhouse of a T8 cruiser.

We’ll see. Knowing me; I’ll suck with it just as much at Tier 8 as I did at tier 9...

...only reason it won’t get sold is it will effectively be ‘free,’ and nothing is cheaper than free.

[LHG]
Members
1,648 posts
4,917 battles
2 hours ago, real_icebeast said:

As far as I'm aware, it isn't to hide what they're working on (as they announce this on the dev blog) but a limitation in their backend that prevents two ships from having to get same name.  It also probably reduces confusion. Like why are there two different Baltimores in my game.

I think one of the other purposes is not to mislead players coming up against these ships.  For example if you are going up against a Cleveland if it's not renamed, you'll proceed as if you are going up against the current T6 version not the significantly more deadly T8 version. 

Sign in to follow this