You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

Come on WG really 0.7.5/0.7.6?

73 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The Intentional withholding of Information is unacceptable.

The LONG Awaited USN Cruiser Split will happen "Soon"R

In the News Page you have Two Updates Shown 0.7.5 and 0.7.6 {Look under the Ship Graphics with the slider} Left side of the slider 0.7.4------- Right side is 0.7.5 0.7.6

Why Two?  This tells me *8* weeks. {Mid July}

We Know about the ships and the work involved in "Balance"

The One thing you left out is the Client Side Changes.

What Happens to Our Captains, Camo's, Premium Modules?

This is more important than how the Balance Happens. We have No say in the how's and why's on the Server side.

We do have a small but important say so on the Client Side.

Buy the Perm Camo or the Modules for this ship.

Where our 19 Point Captains are assigned on what tier will they be best used.

Give us the answers we need to make an educated decision.

• Bad 5

[PLPT]
Members
632 posts
6,810 battles

So it’s not ready yet. Patience. Better to balance than to rush-release broken ships. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,368 posts
9,527 battles

Maybe it is a Typo

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
1 minute ago, n00bot said:

Better to balance than to rush-release broken ships.

REMEMBER THE GRAF ZEPPELIN!!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[CUTE]
Members
163 posts
12,622 battles
12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The Intentional withholding of Information is unacceptable.

The LONG Awaited USN Cruiser Split will happen "Soon"R

In the News Page you have Two Updates Shown 0.7.5 and 0.7.6 {Look under the Ship Graphics with the slider} Left side of the slider 0.7.4------- Right side is 0.7.5 0.7.6

Why Two?  This tells me *8* weeks. {Mid July}

We Know about the ships and the work involved in "Balance"

The One thing you left out is the Client Side Changes.

What Happens to Our Captains, Camo's, Premium Modules?

This is more important than how the Balance Happens. We have No say in the how's and why's on the Server side.

We do have a small but important say so on the Client Side.

Buy the Perm Camo or the Modules for this ship.

Where our 19 Point Captains are assigned on what tier will they be best used.

Give us the answers we need to make an educated decision.

As far as I know, the way it works is if you have the T6 Cleveland with a 19 pt captain and a perma camo you will get the tier 8 cleveland with the permawith your captain moved to reserve.  The old T6 cleveland woll be replaced with the new t6 ship with a new captian/perma camo(maybe)

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

These ships are split between updates for a few reasons, but mostly to allow proper testing and iteration from the development team if necessary.   Please refer to the upcoming Public Test notes for more details about what's in 0.7.5.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Assume the latter. They probably initially wrote it for 7.5 then forgot to change one when it was pushed to 7.6/

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

Rather have them when they are ready, not early and half-baked.

We've seen how that one worked.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

As far as I know, the way it works is if you have the T6 Cleveland with a 19 pt captain and a perma camo you will get the tier 8 cleveland with the permawith your captain moved to reserve.  The old T6 cleveland woll be replaced with the new t6 ship with a new captian/perma camo(maybe)

I have heard this but noone from WG has given any idea of the facts.

[CUTE]
Members
163 posts
12,622 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I have heard this but noone from WG has given any idea of the facts.

Going off of previous line splits (IJN DD and RU DD) that is generally how it worked.  

[WOLF1]
Members
82 posts
4,264 battles

Chillax man, it’s all good. There will be lots of goodies and a new campaign along with the cruiser “arc” just like with the French BB release. They’re stretching it over two updates to get more mileage and the 7.5 won’t hit for a couple weeks. 

I expect the PTS to drop next week so we’ll get to see what it looks like. 

Blammo

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

These ships are split between updates for a few reasons, but mostly to allow proper testing and iteration from the development team if necessary.   Please refer to the upcoming Public Test notes for more details about what's in 0.7.5.

I understand the "Ships" 

What I would like is the Client Side "Options" of what happens to our Captains our Camo's  the ship exp on our ships. 

So many unaddressed questions. 

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

I understand the "Ships" 

What I would like is the Client Side "Options of what happens to our Captains our Camo's  the ship exp on our ships. 

All these questions (and more) will be answered before these ships are available on Live servers.   Hang in there!

• Cool 1

[SPF]
Members
94 posts
9,387 battles

patience! They have already indicated that the split will be handled the (essentially) same way as previous line splits (russian DDs). 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

All these questions (and more) will be answered before these ships are available on Live servers.   Hang in there!

Ok 

uSdJntE.gif

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles

I understand the "Ships" 

What I would like is the Client Side "Options of what happens to our Captains our Camo's  the ship exp on our ships. 

While the info in these spreads is speculation and nothing official from WG, it is based off what WG has done in the past with the IJN DD line split and the Russian DD line split.

And these videos from Notser have been posted several times on the forums.

I have no idea why some folks are so up-in-arms over the perceived lack of info as WG is following the same blueprint as they did for the previous line splits. As @Radar_X has stated, WG will let us know before the split happens.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,049 posts
6,739 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

we dont speak of the evil that is that ship

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
331 posts
7,485 battles

Stop complaining about about an information release. Grow up and be more mature about it. Already to many threads of impatient tools trying to get back into the tool box when its not open. Did you at least attempt to look at any other information about the split before the post?

Edited by Condor_Legion
Quit smoking this week, sorry
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,799 posts
4,058 battles
59 minutes ago, Umikami said:

NO-GOD-PLEASE-NO.gif

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
8 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

Stop complaining about about an information release. Grow up and be more mature about it. Already to many threads of impatient tools trying to get back into the tool box when its not open. Did you at least attempt to look at any other information about the split before the post? No because you are ignorant enough to post a thread that has already been answered and if the post upsets you then you should be mad at yourself for such a worthless post.

So you are OK with Conjecture and Guesses from people who can't really answer the question. 

Wanting some answers from those in control is wrong?

I guess you accept the Local  weather reporters view on whats happening on the other side of the planet instead of watching those that are there in it.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
1,603 posts
6,756 battles

Personally, I can be patient and wait however long it takes...would be nice, really nice to see WG put out an update that for once was not borked all to hell and back.

Edited by Judge_Doom

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

I bet you complain at McDonalds too if your Big Mac is delayed.

Game development, new patches, endless playtesting... I think they do very well.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
39 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

So you are OK with Conjecture and Guesses from people who can't really answer the question. 

Wanting some answers from those in control is wrong?

I guess you accept the Local  weather reporters view on whats happening on the other side of the planet instead of watching those that are there in it.

While I understand you want an official release of info from WG, I do too, the info being provided by WoWs community contributors and knowledgeable players who keep up with the development of WoWs is NOT outright conjecture pulled out of thin air. They are educated best-guesses based that are helpful until we receive official announcements. 

As with the previous line splits involving the IJN and Russian DDs, WG will let us know what will happen before the split is introduced. 

By the way, I've got to poke fun at you some when you bring up local weather forecasting as it is still an educated best-guessing based on the science of meteorology and forecast models. Anything further out than 3 days, is subject to not be accurate, and even 24-hour forecast can miss the mark when it comes to certain weather events depending on where you live. 

[WOLF2]
Members
162 posts
10,899 battles

Seems like I remember in that Waterline video they said the split was gonna happen exactly like the Russian DD split.  Could be I’m misremembering though....I am old and I used my brain to filter a lot of drugs back in the 70s and 80s.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TDG]
Members
1,171 posts
5,977 battles

The key thing the current announcement gives us is the news that at least part of the split is going to be in the next patch.

This is direct from WG.

There are two very good reasons to not drop everything on us all at once ( this is clearly an option, just not the one they chose ):

1. They do not want to overload the player community with too much information all at once.  While most (maybe even most) of us can wade through a large data dump, not all of the users can absorb all of the information in that manner.  They have just dropped the framework that they are going to hang the rest of the story off of.  Expect additional information fairly quickly as we approach and work through the Public Test phase of this patch.
  2. They want to extend the period of interest caused by the split.  This is pure marketing.  While this story is delivered, there will be increased views and buzz as we check for updates and discuss the facts as they drop and speculate on what it means and what is next.  There is also the discussion of how this will change things.  It also increases the chance that the player base will encounter news of this split. We are still getting posts from folks just finding out.

I was expecting a Public Test this weekend.  I expect the first article was rolled out to give folks a heads-up as to the imminence of the change, and to lay the ground work for the rest of the story.  Once the announcement of the PTS session dropped, everyone paying attention would know what is coming.  We just got another day of warning.  There will be more details in the PTS announcement, and in the additional information I expect WG to deliver in the next (I'm guessing two) weeks.

I am looking forward to this split.  I thank WG for the information they have provided so far, and I trust them to release all the needed information in time for us to react as needed.

• Cool 2