Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snowy_NO

Sync drop in ranked

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3
[TF-62]
Beta Testers
7 posts
4,600 battles

Why does the  MM system even allow for sync drops to still occur in ranked battles? If this is working as intended then I highly recommend that we be able to just do 3 person division drops in ranked battles. 

The picture attached is just one example of clans that are sync dropping. Luckily that team didn't end up with 4 from (ACH) in it, but it definitely swayed the battle having 3 on one team. 

 

shot-18.05.07_20.45.56-0715.jpg

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,583 battles

at least things like these are more obvious compared to game mods that tell you where to aim in the smoke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
[TMS]
Members
1,711 posts
22,023 battles

Yep seen it with 3 on the same side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,011 battles

There is really not much of an advantage to doing this, as statistically you will end up on opposite teams more often than you are together.

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
380
[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,672 battles
1 minute ago, MaxL_1023 said:

There is really not much of an advantage to doing this, as statistically you will end up on opposite teams more often than you are together.

but look at how the member on OP's team kept his star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,011 battles
2 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

but look at how the member on OP's team kept his star

How? Things like feeding, etc would be pretty easily picked up in a replay so I consider them unlikely to be widely performed. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,147
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,176 posts
18,887 battles

With one ship of every class the chances are good that you can end in the same team. With only one on the other team he can do his part there to care that the other two "win"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,583 battles
2 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

There is really not much of an advantage to doing this, as statistically you will end up on opposite teams more often than you are together.

you can communicate with eachother in vent/ts to inform eachother about your teams movements.

 

telling a clan mate that both of your teams dds are heading to cap A would give an advantage wouldnt it?
 

great way to set ambushes.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,196
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
7 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

you can communicate with eachother in vent/ts to inform eachother about your teams movements.

 

telling a clan mate that both of your teams dds are heading to cap A would give an advantage wouldnt it?
 

great way to set ambushes.

 

 

 

 

If they are doing that they all deserve pemabanning.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,583 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

If they are doing that they all deserve pemabanning.

i agree. Proving it is the hard part.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,324
[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
13 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

you can communicate with eachother in vent/ts to inform eachother about your teams movements.

 

telling a clan mate that both of your teams dds are heading to cap A would give an advantage wouldnt it?
 

great way to set ambushes.

 

 

 

 

I hadn't thought of that really, but I'd absolutely say that I could see how having Intel to "save a star" in that situation could come in handy.

It's not an I win button to be sure, but if you told your 'enemy teammate' about where someone was hiding or what cap could be capped uncontested, ect. That'd go a decent way in helping secure a star at times.

It happens, surely,  but it'd be pretty darn rare for the stars to align and allow it to be possible all that often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,337
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

Or maybe it's just pure luck and this is all overblown.

If most of my clan members are between 10-6 What are the chances that some of us end up in the same game with 2 maybe 3?

 

Prob pretty considerable imo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,196
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
Just now, MokrieDela said:

i agree. Proving it is the hard part.

 

 

 

This is where having mods randomly watching the matches would come in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[PLPT]
Members
632 posts
6,808 battles

Of course clans sync drop and to suggest otherwise is naïve. 

Same team = jump on teamspeak and coordinate FTW

Opposite teams = jump on Teamspeak and help the other side save a star. Or worst case, don’t communicate at all and it’s not worse than a normal Ranked game.

It’s a no-lose situation unless WG implements an algorithm to separate them. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

Think there will always be a little of this going on since you could even have players leave your clan to beat a clan tracking system in this sync dropping.

Also the fact they have succession Sync dropping  is in part due to the unpopularity of the idea of tier X Ranked, which results in many players like me not doing the X part of Ranked. If they did lower tiered Ranked the que would have more players in it, and make this sync dropping business harder to accomplish. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358
[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Gunslinger_97 said:

You be the judge...shot-18_05.15_18_21.39-0113.thumb.jpg.963425871ddedab8108fa5c47a3e1b17.jpg

the 5-2 population isnt that big your going to have a higher chance of randomly finding people from the same clan there, also will go up during certain times of the day when more people are playing. I was randomly finding clan members in ranked games and I am not on TS a lot.

 

PS... I was seeing the same people over and over again thats ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358
[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,871 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Think there will always be a little of this going on since you could even have players leave your clan to beat a clan tracking system in this sync dropping.

Also the fact they have succession Sync dropping  is in part due to the unpopularity of the idea of tier X Ranked, which results in many players like me not doing the X part of Ranked. If they did lower tiered Ranked the que would have more players in it, and make this sync dropping business harder to accomplish. 

sorry but I dont see WG changing ranked or clan battles from T10 they want it to be end game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,064
[OPG]
Members
3,967 posts
5,666 battles
Just now, Shigure_DD said:

the 5-2 population isnt that big your going to have a higher chance of randomly finding people from the same clan there, also will go up during certain times of the day when more people are playing. I was randomly finding clan members in ranked games and I am not on TS a lot.

 

PS... I was seeing the same people over and over again thats ranked.

I was on earlier this afternoon and had to wait in queue for up to 5 minutes to find a Rank 5-2 battle...and some of the names I've been seeing lately are starting to get really familiar.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Sync Dropping has happened since online gaming began.

Instead of complaining and saying something needs to be done.

Give your solution that will guarantee  this couldn't  be done.

As Long as there are outside Comms to even prove foul play, this impossible.

7 members of one clan dropping the clan tag still have common Communication abilities.

Then you have Clans so large they build affiliate clans all in the same Communication System.

The "Work Arounds" are endless.

Best advice is learn to live with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358
[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,871 battles

I say AFKs, bots are more of a issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[TF-62]
Beta Testers
7 posts
4,600 battles
20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Sync Dropping has happened since online gaming began.

Instead of complaining and saying something needs to be done.

Give your solution that will guarantee  this couldn't  be done.

As Long as there are outside Comms to even prove foul play, this impossible.

7 members of one clan dropping the clan tag still have common Communication abilities.

Then you have Clans so large they build affiliate clans all in the same Communication System.

The "Work Arounds" are endless.

Best advice is learn to live with it.

The solution is a very simple line of code that can be placed in the MM config file.

 

<IF [clan tag] = [clan tag] THEN no solution>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
7 minutes ago, Snowy_NO said:

The solution is a very simple line of code that can be placed in the MM config file.

 

<IF [clan tag] = [clan tag] THEN no solution>

How would that stop Clan XYZ from Sync Dropping with Clan ZYX and YXZ?

Outside Comms are not in control of WG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×